You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

When it was mooted many years ago, I think it was about 60/40 in favour of remain. That was probably enough for him to be confident IF it came to having one. But then he kept putting it off and claiming we no longer needed one. He's made a pigs ear of it now!

He failed to take account of the fact that for very large numbers of people it would be a chance to kick the establishment many of whom have no real appreciation of the issue they are voting on 

Not exactly Escape from New York is it? 

The people on here are smarter than this, 99.9% of this is bullshit. There's good reasons on both sides, none of it is going to lead to us having to scrap the Navy or see our kids working on a tip.

No, it'll lead to the scrapping of human rights and workers rights, then of jobs. Because you can be damn sure all these promises that the scale of funding we get from the EU will stay the same is bollocks.

I give up with you, you don't listen.

I didn't say Sunderland, YOU did. I said ANY constituency that starts gearing up for speed increases the likelihood of inaccuracy. Are you seriously trying to question that? really?

You're wrong about the variance between first and second counts - that is NOT the measure of inaccuracy! 

For instance:

Real vote = 1000 Leave / 1000 Remain

First count = 1050 Leave / 950 Remain

Second count = 1060 Leave / 940 Remain

The inaccuracy is NOT 10, it's just varied between 50 and 60 wrong counts which in a simple boolean ballot would result in a swing of up 120 votes!

Sunderland was the subject matter as we were discussing the first to declare which you called a race. You can backstroke all you want and try and change your tack.

You can use imaginary figures all you want. I said to provide figures for Sunderland for the first vote and variance between that and any subsequent re counts.

The biggest positive is that the quacking spastics voting for this shit are going to suffer more from it than anyone else.

The biggest case of chickens coming home to roost since Adolf Eichmann was left dangling at the end of a short rope.

Wrong about what? There may very well be some unholy shit coming our way, but it won't be due to natural causes, it will be due to us fucking with the programme which, if that's the case, puts leave on the right side of the moral argument.

Sorry, mate, but this is nonsense

There's no moral right or wrong to a recession. If I lose my job and house to a recession I don't give a flying fuck as to why that recession has happened,,,all I care about is that I've lost my job and house

Wrong about what? There may very well be some unholy shit coming our way, but it won't be due to natural causes, it will be due to us fucking with the programme which, if that's the case, puts leave on the right side of the moral argument.

Yep, the leave campaign and the consequences it will wreak are anything but natural.

The biggest positive is that the quacking spastics voting for this shit are going to suffer more from it than anyone else.

The biggest case of chickens coming home to roost since Adolf Eichmann was left dangling at the end of a short rope.

You just stole my post from general election night. 

He failed to take account of the fact that for very large numbers of people it would be a chance to kick the establishment many of whom have no real appreciation of the issue they are voting on 

I agree.

I don't want to tar all leavers with the same brush, but I have heard a lot (anecdotally) coming out with the 'we won't be told what to do' rhetoric which smacks of giving the EU a bloody nose. Just too much seems to be based on the personalities and notional ideals rather than realities (on both sides).

Sorry, mate, but this is nonsense

There's no moral right or wrong to a recession. If I lose my job and house to a recession I don't give a flying fuck as to why that recession has happened,,,all I care about is that I've lost my job and house

That's not what I said though. What I'm saying is, if you (and me, for that matter) lose our jobs purely as an act of vengeance and spite by what would basically be revealing itself to be an Empire rather than a Union, does that not justify - in a moral sense - the decision to fuck them off?

It's like a bunch of people saying they're your friends, then you turn your back and they burn your house down, Would you not then change your opinion of them?