You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chels.... Who's arsed?

Oh Buoy

This is why, whether we like it or not, Mourinho is a boss manager. His chelsea sides have always had athletes in them, usually in the middle of the park. Ball winners, strong, strength up front. The first thing he did was buy Drogba, most people didn't have a clue who he was and he could have bought any striker in the world

Drogba was one of the best strikers in the French League, alongside our own Cisse in 2004 when they got him. The £24m they paid will tell you that. That's just bullshit to say most people had never heard of him, he was touted as being a top player then.

• Upvote 2

To be fair, Section, most people DID know who he was - he'd been banging them in left right and centre for Marseille that season and was a hot property around Europe.

There's probably tons of videos, but just as a sample:

He was also still horrible then, but when he found his spiritual home the excellent Mourinho found a way to tap into his reserves even more to bring out the inner gobby, cheating tart to its fullest.

• Upvote 2

If they do go after them they will get them as well.

I would love to see Pedro with us, can play anywhere across the front line, proven quality, has end product when it comes to creating and scoring, he would be ideal for us and an upgrade on the likely to depart Sterling.

Won't happen of course.

We should have insisted on a part exchange for Pedro or Sanchez off Barca.

Drogba was one of the best strikers in the French League, alongside our own Cisse in 2004 when they got him. The £24m they paid will tell you that. That's just bullshit to say most people had never heard of him, he was touted as being a top player then.

To be fair, Section, most people DID know who he was - he'd been banging them in left right and centre for Marseille that season and was a hot property around Europe.

I seem to recall him destroying us in Europe for Marseille. Or am I imagining that?

Guest davelfc

Ok I've calmed down a bit now. Ref Rodgers comments post match. 

As someone that's had enough time in front of cameras and dealing with the media. Also bearing in mind the shit storm about the guard of honour and knowing the feelings between our clubs, it was an idiotic thing to say.

If he really mean't it then he needs to go, right now, do one, fuck off. That kind of defeatist attitude when we should have been fighting for a goal until the final whistle instead of giving players a jolly good clap from those twats, it's not Liverpool. 

If he didn't mean it, then surely he was jumping in on the moment so he looked good. Who for? Has shitcoat already got his little pack of minions surrounding him like bacon face had? He deals with hundreds of interviews and he knows what he's saying. I might struggle to come up with a reason for taking Gerrard off, I sure as hell wouldn't have rushed to use that brainless comment. 

A Gerrard who had scored, was a leading scorer and scored the winner the other week. We should have been throwing the kitchen sink at them, not throwing in the towel and subjecting Gerrard to that. How the fuck did Rodgers know Gerrard would get a few seconds of applause after the dogs abuse he had received from them all game? He didn't, he's a fucking bluffer. 

He's an amateur manager that gets caught up in the big moments, the very thing he accused his young players of. Get rid, god knows what we'll end up with though and that's the only reason many hypocrites want him to stay. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Guest davelfc

Negged for keeping this thread at the top of the fucking page.

Will have to return the favour for doing the same.

Disgraceful tackle from Fabregas, he could have done serious damage there.

If our players had no intention of seeking retribution, they should at least have crowded the referee in a way that Chelsea would have done if the position was reversed.

• Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

Amazing the apologists I've read over this. Happy I guess to capitulate so easily when there was a chance we could have fought on to get that holy grail of fourth place.

Seems the transformation is almost complete, well played FSG, well played.

He does, in fairness. I just don't like generally dismissive posts about sad bastards who post bollocks on forums like this one, i.e., all of us.

That's fair enough. I'm just a little annoyed that every single thing he does or says is taken apart on here now. It's ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

Amazing the apologists I've read over this. Happy I guess to capitulate so easily when there was a chance we could have fought on to get that holy grail of fourth place.

I don't give a fuck what Rodgers says in his press conferences and Im sure the main reason Gerrard came off with ten minutes to go wasn't so he could get a round of applause.

Nothing to discuss imo regarding the comments, he talked shit like every manager does and what he said wasn't a big deal.

• Downvote 1

Guest davelfc

That's fair enough. I'm just a little annoyed that every single thing he does or says is taken apart on here now. It's ridiculous. 

Happened with Houllier, Benitez, Hodgson and Kenny. That's what happens on all footy forums these days when there's a sufficient number of fans that have had enough.

You may as well complain about the weather, I find it annoying reading the apologists but they come with the territory too. Who would have thought a forum would have people with different opinions, weird. 

I'm surprised about this too.  I don't feel as strongly about it as you do but saying, "Well he obviously didn't mean it" - is that any better?  The idea that we should sub Gerrard so that he can get a round of applause at Stamford Bridge is crass in the extreme whether it's true or not.  It's deluded behaviour and Stevie clearly thinks so himself.  

Woah there nelly. No doubt people who're into European football had heard of him, just like some of the names that get thrown around on here day in and day out, but he wasn't in the top echelon of big name strikers by any means. If a billionaire had bankrolled you you'd expect to have seen names like Shevchenko rock up from day one.