You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Whats he really worth?

20m?

Young - check

English - check

Talented - check

double it and add 10m

cheque please

We paid a good 10 million extra on the "English Tax" for the likes of Downing. 

On that basis for Raheem you're estimate there is pretty accurate. 

If City blink first we've chucked away a forty million quid offer here for a player who's burned all his bridges with us. I'd have already had their arm off.

City will pay up later in the window and I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea and arsenal come in towards the end either, I think they are interested but don't want to get in a bidding war.

If City blink first we've chucked away a forty million quid offer here for a player who's burned all his bridges with us. I'd have already had their arm off.

Agreed, can see us fucking this up and we end up with the little shit buying out his contract next summer. 

City will pay up later in the window and I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea and arsenal come in towards the end either, I think they are interested but don't want to get in a bidding war.

But the longer we wait the less chance we have of getting someone else in. I'm perhaps being too optimistic in assuming we've potential replacements lined up who are of similar quality but still, lets not leave things until too late.

We need to compromise on what we sell him for and how quickly we do it. Holding out for an extra £5m-£10m is no good if we end up missing out on signing someone good. Apart from looking good in the accounts of course.

£50m +25% sell on. If he knocks on and improves he'll be looking at a record fee if he stagnates he'll still end up fetching a handsome fee from whatever flavour of the month money club comes in for him in a couple of years.

Flavour of the month club?

Would we have to pay ourselves that 25% if we choose to buy him back in a few years when we know for sure he's shit?

It would be something positive for the official webpage to promote I suppose.

If they don't want to become involved in a bidding war at this point it's because they're not prepared to pay more than what City have offered and who could fucking blame them? 

As for City paying up later in the window, it would be very easy for them to pay someone else for a similar talent without the English passport and make up their quota with some young bench fillers.

I think we're very lucky they believe he's worth as much as they've already offered because for me it's a fantastic offer. A marquee price for a petulant, inconsistent, ungrateful, little twat? Fuck me, they're on harder drugs than FSG are.

• Upvote 1

But the longer we wait the less chance we have of getting someone else in. I'm perhaps being too optimistic in assuming we've potential replacements lined up who are of similar quality but still, lets not leave things until too late.

We need to compromise on what we sell him for and how quickly we do it. Holding out for an extra £5m-£10m is no good if we end up missing out on signing someone good. Apart from looking good in the accounts of course.

There should be money there regardless of Sterling, with the players that have left we have spent nothing and have probably made a profit so far.

I don't believe the stories going around that we need the Sterling money to buy players, there should be a budget available and there is a lot of other players who can go for fees.

When we accept a bid from someone I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of teams match the offer, Arsenal can offer players as part of the deal and Chelsea need some homegrown players brought in aswell like city.

30 odd million and Dzeko or 30 odd million (after sell on clause) to spend on Benteke. What are we likely to do?

If we could get Dzeko in part exchange and then spend the Sterling money on Firmino we'd be miles better offensively.

I just hope Sterling goes because I don't trust him to perform at all next season and it leaves a bad smell around the place. The money is on the table and there's good players out there to spend it on. No excuses. If we sell Sterling and waste the money on crap then we deserve everything we get, just like we did last season after pissing away the Suarez money.

I'm wondering how much we will try to silence Sterling if/when he inevitably goes. Even if we get good money, it could potentially be very ugly for a while in the media. It wouldn't be too difficult to imagine a Sunday tabloid series in Sterling's name, "My Liverpool hell", and people would lap it up.

I would imagine he will be under under some sort of hush clause if and when he does leave, or at least we will try to put one in place.

I'm wondering how much we will try to silence Sterling if/when he inevitably goes. Even if we get good money, it could potentially be very ugly for a while in the media. It wouldn't be too difficult to imagine a Sunday tabloid series in Sterling's name, "My Liverpool hell", and people would lap it up.

I would imagine he will be under under some sort of hush clause if and when he does leave, or at least we will try to put one in place.

Who gives a shit what he has to say if/when he leaves.

Agreed, can see us fucking this up and we end up with the little shit buying out his contract next summer. 

I love the way some people get the shits when the chips are down and want to fold.

Its amazing how quickly people go from 'we always get shit, low fees when we sell' to now wanting to accept the second bid received which is only reportedly £35m up front and £5m in add ons from the richest club in England.

Fuck that. If city or anyone else want him, they pay the sticker price. Despite what sterling and his bitch think, they arent in the boss seat here, the club is.

If sterling's bitch thought he could cake walk his trick out of the club then he's in for a hard lesson. sterling will be due back for pre season training soon and if his bitch doesnt start whispering in the ear of mansoor, wenger or any other tart he thought he had the ear of, he's going to find his trick is either going to have to suck it up or go on strike.

I think the club is playing a fucking blinder here.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1