You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

Coro, I always found your perspective interesting. How do you see things evolving with Rodgers? What do you think of the FSG cunts now?

The best I can say is I'm finding it very difficult to care right now. FSG want the club to appeal to a different kind of supporter. Success means something else to them. I was very angry at the state of the club when H&G were in charge. People can talk all night about balance sheets & FSG's successes in baseball, I'll never be able to connect with them and vice versa. The never ending promotion of someone like Ian Ayre sums up just how out of touch they are and that's no oversight on their behalf, they're not interested in the punters who line their pockets. They exploit the passion people have for this club.

I'd like to have seen Brendan succeed, last season was a fantastic anomaly but he looks to be a goner now. The transfer committee is just more smoke and mirrors from vulture capitalists.

• Upvote 8

Questions questions, questions, Was Roy Wood driving around his local tesco for half an hour looking for somewhere to park on christmas eve when he wrote his smash hit single "i wish it would be christmas every day" ?

Nope, he parked just out of the way, for a little privacy , and wrote "See My Baby Jive"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont get this obssession some people here have with rodgers separating from his wife and finding a new woman.Sounds like people are just desparate to dish any shit on him. Weird.

In the grand scheme of things it's a long way down the charge sheet. But you don't have to be desperate to raise numerous concerns which are more important.

I know the wife of a widely experienced manager who worked with Brendan. She, and he, told me before the LFC appointment, that his philandering was divisive, allegations which of course may be untrue.

Now it may well be that his personal life is irrelevant, it may also be that he was trapped in an unhappy marriage. But when you go on national tv spouting forth to your team about how important trust in your family is, it is not unreasonable to question his moral credibility, and to point out that he has severed the security of a long standing relationship at a time when he needs all the wise counsel he can get, rather than credit card bills for Jimmy Choos.

Guest davelfc

So it's gone from him not knowing his best 11 or being able to manage a decent defence to knocking off players wives. Is he somehow responsible for Ebola, does he have a Malaysian aircraft in his back garden under a tarpaulin?

We should stick to our criticism of his managent of our football team otherwise we are slowly going down the soap opera route and that's just sad.

• Upvote 1

Don't care what he does in his personal life unless it has an effect on his managerial performance. Seems to be in mid-life crisis mode at the moment and it's not going to help you as a manager. The typical MO of a really successful manager is dedicated, loyal family man rather than someone who trades their wife in for a younger model at the first sign of success. The girl he left her for was a club employee at the time and she had to leave the job. Keep your mind on the job rather than skirt milling about. 

Ultimately all that matters is results. He could host orgies every day at Melwood after training if we were winning every week. When you're getting beat every week and staggeringly underperforming as a coach and manager then everything is under scrutiny. 

He's fucking up in all aspects of his football management this season. That's ultimately all that matters. The off field stuff was ignored towards the end of last season because we were top of the league and winning games.

• Upvote 1

The best I can say is I'm finding it very difficult to care right now. FSG want the club to appeal to a different kind of supporter. Success means something else to them. I was very angry at the state of the club when H&G were in charge. People can talk all night about balance sheets & FSG's successes in baseball, I'll never be able to connect with them and vice versa. The never ending promotion of someone like Ian Ayre sums up just how out of touch they are and that's no oversight on their behalf, they're not interested in the punters who line their pockets. They exploit the passion people have for this club.

I'd like to have seen Brendan succeed, last season was a fantastic anomaly but he looks to be a goner now. The transfer committee is just more smoke and mirrors from vulture capitalists.

That

The only thing Rodgers is guilty of is being in a 24 hour news environment and having stuff about him peddled on the interweb. I can't name names but I'm pretty certain people in the football industry have left their wives before, maybe even had cosmetic dentistry.

By contrast, I see good old Ryan Giggs has had a film made about him, his recent past seemingly already forgiven, having betrayed his brother for years, attempted to control the media in a fashion Josef Goebels would be proud of, and then attempted to sue half the world's Twitter followers.

• Upvote 5

Some of our fans are a fucking disgrace. Getting personal about a manager who is trying to make it better and who gave us one of our best seasons last year. Fucking wools go and support your local team.

Hes paid enough to suck it up better managers than him have had it here so much as you wanna defend him he probly wont do the same to help you in your job.

I wouldnt describe being out of the cups then finishing 2nd as one of our best ever. Really?

Right up there with 77 for you was it?

We really suffer with hysterical fanny johnny come lately types who appear to think rodgers created football along with the earth and stars and formed suarez from his own rib.

Then on the 7th day finished 2nd.

• Upvote 3

Guest davelfc

Hes paid enough to suck it up better managers than him have had it here so much as you wanna defend him he probly wont do the same to help you in your job.

The problem is it's not the issue at hand, there's enough criticism without having to sift through the kind of gossip you get in a bluenoses taxi. Chances are Rodgers won't ever read what is written here but we al have to and I'm pretty sure nobody pays me to read that shite.

Let's stick to what he's paid to do and how badly he's managing that and leave the gossip shit to those taxi drivers eh.

• Upvote 1

The problem is it's not the issue at hand, there's enough criticism without having to sift through the kind of gossip you get in a bluenoses taxi. Chances are Rodgers won't ever read what is written here but we al have to and I'm pretty sure nobody pays me to read that shite.

Let's stick to what he's paid to do and how badly he's managing that and leave the gossip shit to those taxi drivers eh.

I agree but we need to get last season in perspective as similar hysterics over 2nd plaice.

We did used to win stuff but now a 2nd place will suffice.

Guest davelfc

I agree but we need to get last season in perspective as similar hysterics over 2nd plaice.

We did used to win stuff but now a 2nd place will suffice.

It doesn't suffice but it's been a problem since the premiership decided they wouldn't do anything about cheats buying the title with cash from Russian oligarchs and sheiks. 

That isn't Rodgers fault, that's the reality of what football is today. You come close to matching those cheats and they just go and buy more players. 

I can totally understand people being a little hesitant to want to get rid of a manager that had us achieve a 2nd place and take the cheats to the last game of the season. He's pretty good at the attacking stuff but he had one of the best attackers in the world to call on at the time playing out of his skin.

I do agree that he should be judged on all of his time here, even though that courtesy has not been afforded to some other managers.

I wouldnt describe being out of the cups then finishing 2nd as one of our best ever. Really?

Right up there with 77 for you was it?

We really suffer with hysterical fanny johnny come lately types who appear to think rodgers created football along with the earth and stars and formed suarez from his own rib.

Then on the 7th day finished 2nd.

I obviously meant in recent years you fucking mental cunt

Nope mate his team are bottom having lost 9 games in a row. In the german league.

I think you may have just arrived here from 2006 in a time machine and only just removed your space helmet so al allow recent events to digest.

They havent lost 9 in a row Dennis,they beat Hoffenheim 2 games ago.

I watch German footie more than English because its free to watch online and the Bundesliga highlights over Match of the Gay.

Dortmund are struggling but not 9 in a row type struggling. In fact they have only lost 8 league games and their biggest non win streak is 6 which includes a draw or two in that run of games.

They havent lost 9 in a row Dennis,they beat Hoffenheim 2 games ago.

I watch German footie more than English because its free to watch online and the Bundesliga highlights over Match of the Gay.

Dortmund are struggling but not 9 in a row type struggling. In fact they have only lost 8 league games and their biggest non win streak is 6 which includes a draw or two in that run of games.

Yeah.

See my subsequent post.

The only thing Rodgers is guilty of is being in a 24 hour news environment and having stuff about him peddled on the interweb. I can't name names but I'm pretty certain people in the football industry have left their wives before, maybe even had cosmetic dentistry.

By contrast, I see good old Ryan Giggs has had a film made about him, his recent past seemingly already forgiven, having betrayed his brother for years, attempted to control the media in a fashion Josef Goebels would be proud of, and then attempted to sue half the world's Twitter followers.

Generally, the template of a successful manager doesn't tend to be the playboy type. They tend to be obsessive professionals with a quiet family life who never switch off from work. Whether it's Rafa, Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Pellegrini, Dalglish and going right back to our managers before him. Rodgers came across the same when he took the job.

Giggs is a gobshite but he's basically only Van Gaal's yes man. 

• Upvote 1

Generally, the template of a successful manager doesn't tend to be the playboy type. They tend to be obsessive professionals with a quiet family life who never switch off from work. Whether it's Rafa, Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Pellegrini, Dalglish and going right back to our managers before him. Rodgers came across the same when he took the job.

Giggs is a gobshite but he's basically only Van Gaal's yes man.

What about gambling? Bung taking? Alcoholism? Where do you draw the line? Half the best managers in Italy are probably knee deep in teenage meat as we speak.

• Upvote 2

In the grand scheme of things it's a long way down the charge sheet. But you don't have to be desperate to raise numerous concerns which are more important.

I know the wife of a widely experienced manager who worked with Brendan. She, and he, told me before the LFC appointment, that his philandering was divisive, allegations which of course may be untrue.

Now it may well be that his personal life is irrelevant, it may also be that he was trapped in an unhappy marriage. But when you go on national tv spouting forth to your team about how important trust in your family is, it is not unreasonable to question his moral credibility, and to point out that he has severed the security of a long standing relationship at a time when he needs all the wise counsel he can get, rather than credit card bills for Jimmy Choos.

Nutcase

• Upvote 3