You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Real Madrid

Paco

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I love Rafa. The game tonight reminded me of that fact.

Yeah, I do to. Legend. Number one in Europe based on results, amazing wins against big teams away from home, stunning nights at Anfield. I really wish he'd got that title. We should have.

haven't felt like this before a game for years, reminds me of the Benitez years. Sure we had massive games last year too but Europe is when the club really comes to life, miserable old fuckers turn into roaring excitable supporters and the magic of the night summons the ghosts of the famous old stadiums creaking pillars.

• Upvote 1

At least we were in it. That's cause for celebration these days. And investment.

didnt feel like it then. we d gone from winners, last 16, final, semi final, quarter final to out at group stage and out of it altogether.

great to be back.

Four hours til kick off and I'm shaking like a shitting dog

I cannot eat a thing and I've pebbledashed the bog

Now I'm off to town for a pint to settle the nervous tension

I'll be honest as I walk in the Kop I'll be feeling some apprehension

But as I leave the ground I fully expect to be walking proud and tall

And Real Madrid will have learnt that Liverpool's the best of 'em all!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I've just been to ladbrokes to put an irish lottery bet on,and I have invested a pound on balotelli at 7/1 for first goal.

Don't think we are in for the stuffing that a lot of people seem to think we are,Madrid got to prove it on the night and with the crowd behind us just hope whoever plays for us has a good go,take the game to them,and hope our defence sort themselves out