You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v West Brom

Paco

Good post Stringy as always mate but Funnneeeeee was only expressing his opinion that Stevie shouldn't be playing in front of the defense. Many supporters feel the same way, including me, does that make me a gobshite too? Hope not.

I disagree with you that SG was great. He was poor in the first half. Up until our goal, the team as a whole were poor. There were more than a few times he was well behind the play and let his man go. Luckily we didn't get punished. 

He was great in the 2nd because he played upfront and his natural game took over. Some of his linkup play was fantastic and it was a great move by BR to push him up, and surely he must have been influenced by the pressure that supporters have been making all over blogs, forums and social media to see SG moved from deep and given a go in an offensive role.

It's most unlikely that BR does this unless people make their opinions heard, so I'm all for more debate if it leads to positive outcomes like today.

A good result and a much more encouraging performance, let's hope it's the start of a good sequence.

I don't mind people suggesting Gerrard's not having a great season or he's better up front, or he needs resting, but having to read the crap that Funneeeee comes out with on the subject day after day does my head in.  Gerrard has been poor by his standards this season, but to rewrite history and suggest he was poor in that role last season is just complete bollocks.  I thought today that in the deep lying role he put in his best performance of the season.  He did a lot of running, made a good few interceptions, instigated a lot of our attacks, and switched the play effectively when it was required.  Strangely, Henderson was invisible in the first half, and I remarked to my mate that Gerrard was doing a lot of running for him!  All that changed in the second half; Henderson was a completely different player, even before the tactical switch that took Gerrard forward, looking energetic, dangerous and hungry for the ball.  

• Upvote 2

You can see the team spirit we have, which is what you need when you're not playing at your best. 

_78011976_78011420.jpg

Yep. Seeing that, I can't fucking wait for Lambert to break his duck. The players will know how much it means to him. Hopefully it's at Anfield, but I'm sure he won't be too worried if it isn't!

Thank god you don't go then.  

I wouldn't trust me either.  Then again, I would trust you even less.  Thank god neither one of us decide.

I still think we finished the match well, `and got the result needed, due to the players on the pitch, not regardless of them.  And Rodgers deserves the credit for it.

Stevie should play where ever we think he's needed in that game. Especially with Sturridge out, he probably could have helped hugely up front with Balotelli past few games.

It's sometimes easy to forget how fucking brilliant he is.

true they looked dangerous together in last 10.

I don't mind people suggesting Gerrard's not having a great season or he's better up front, or he needs resting, but having to read the crap that Funneeeee comes out with on the subject day after day does my head in. Gerrard has been poor by his standards this season, but to rewrite history and suggest he was poor in that role last season is just complete bollocks.

Affirmative.

I've another positive to share after satdee's result.

I was sitting on a train from Basel to Zurich last week and a guy in the seats ahead of us was a youth team coach at The Academy. He was saying the fitness gurus believe the World Cup and US tour screwed up our pre-season and it will be the end of this month before we are where we should be.

I might be clutching at straws but it does fit the story so far and is a cause for optimism.

I've another positive to share after satdee's result.

I was sitting on a train from Basel to Zurich last week and a guy in the seats ahead of us was a youth team coach at The Academy. He was saying the fitness gurus believe the World Cup and US tour screwed up our pre-season and it will be the end of this month before we are where we should be.

I might be clutching at straws but it does fit the story so far and is a cause for optimism.

Sturridge, Allen & Can all getting injured during the international break didn't help.

Along with a couple of our signings not exactly hitting the ground running (Lovren & Markovic spring to mind).