You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That there London

Anny Road

I always used to go down to London with a little sense of wonder, a little butterfly in my belly, a little sense of anticipation. 

Sorry but now if and when I go down there it' fills my with dread. 

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's one for the getting old thread. It just seems the place has become a product of a broken and divided society.

It's sad. There is not even any culture there any more. It at least used to have that, a bit of culture, where you could see good up and coming bands, drink in good pubs and get a sense of excitement. I

Now it' just seems shir hole that's a product of a conservative britain. The only culture that seems to be  on offer in london now is drugs and  crime.

I find it sad.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Read that earlier. Hope the cunts get caught and properly filled in. I doesn’t compute with me how a single person could act like such a fucker let alone in a group like that. 

Yeah your spot on no need for that shit. Especially against defenceless ladies. The pictures look horrible  I hope the cunts are caught and made an example of, but unfortunately I doubt it, they all seem to get away with murder down there.

45 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Sickening attack, the bastards also stole their stuff. At least they have arrested the 4 cowards and have CCTV footage. Trouble is, because of their age they'll get off lightly. 

Yea, its not right.

Good to see you back - hope all is well.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, its not right.

Good to see you back - hope all is well.

I'm fine mate, just getting over a few operations as they continue their process of trying to turn me into the bionic man. Just needed time away from the web. 

Yeah, definitely not right. That is why these types of attacks happen, because the punishment if court rarely suits the crime. They are even talking about abolishing prison sentences which are under a year in favour of community service and the likes. It will just push more youngsters into petty crime which is just a step on the ladder to more serious shit. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'm fine mate, just getting over a few operations as they continue their process of trying to turn me into the bionic man. Just needed time away from the web. 

Don't ever be so selfish again. We need you. 

I was assaulted in London on the Tube. I was going to visit my Dad who was dying with pancreatic cancer (he has since died) and was assaulted by a guy because I got in his way on a crowded tube. The police did nothing. 

Now I would not look forward to going there. 

For people blaming this all on conservatism; their Mayor is not conservative. The situation is similar to major US cities where the local government is left wing and crime is exploding higher. A failure to get tough on crime has been a long standing failure of the left.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I was assaulted in London on the Tube. I was going to visit my Dad who was dying with pancreatic cancer (he has since died) and was assaulted by a guy because I got in his way on a crowded tube. The police did nothing. 

Now I would not look forward to going there. 

For people blaming this all on conservatism; their Mayor is not conservative. The situation is similar to major US cities where the local government is left wing and crime is exploding higher. A failure to get tough on crime has been a long standing failure of the left.

The cuts to services come from the incumbent Gov't though. Not that I don't think the left should do more, but having funds cut makes things harder. The troubles are also widespread and not just a London thing. 

Austerity and the cuts to police officer numbers has been a significant part of it to be sure. I just don't like this - problems are always the others sides fault mentality. An unwillingness to get tough with criminals has been a long standing problem on the left and not all of the problems can be pushed elsewhere. 

16 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, definitely not right. That is why these types of attacks happen, because the punishment if court rarely suits the crime. They are even talking about abolishing prison sentences which are under a year in favour of community service and the likes. It will just push more youngsters into petty crime which is just a step on the ladder to more serious shit. 

Where’s your evidence for anything that you’ve posted here?  It’s mostly bollocks. 

48 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Where’s your evidence for anything that you’ve posted here?  It’s mostly bollocks. 

I think crime is almost a career choice for a lot of youngsters in poorer areas given their lack of opportunities and is another result of the widening wealth gap.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think crime is almost a career choice for a lot of youngsters in poorer areas given their lack of opportunities and is another result of the widening wealth gap.

Short sentences are pretty useless and lead to offenders losing their homes, losing their jobs and driving into crime, not away from it. They are particularly harsh on women who may also lose their kids. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Short sentences are pretty useless and lead to offenders losing their homes, losing their jobs and driving into crime, not away from it. They are particularly harsh on women who may also lose their kids. 

I don't disagree,and longer ones tend to turn people into harder criminals given they become almost residents of the Prison Service and spend time almost exclusively with those people.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I just don't like this - problems are always the others sides fault mentality. An unwillingness to get tough with criminals has been a long standing problem on the left

*scratches head*

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

The fresh fruit and veg round my way seems to be getting worse and worse. Very few independent stores or even decent choice since the council fucked the market stall holders over and having 2 Sainsburys, 2 Tesco Asda, Iceland,liddle, Aldi marks and Waitrose all in a 2/3mile radius has killed non supermarket chains . So when this shit epidemic ends I'll be looking to head into London for cooking ingredients. 

Anyone live around London know the best places for ingredients, meats etc. 

I know there is Smithfield,billi gsgate but not been or even sure how easy it is to buy as I'll not be buying in bulk. 

I normally go to wing yip at the bottom of the M1 for Chinese, Japanese ingredients. 

19 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The fresh fruit and veg round my way seems to be getting worse and worse. Very few independent stores or even decent choice since the council fucked the market stall holders over and having 2 Sainsburys, 2 Tesco Asda, Iceland,liddle, Aldi marks and Waitrose all in a 2/3mile radius has killed non supermarket chains . So when this shit epidemic ends I'll be looking to head into London for cooking ingredients. 

Anyone live around London know the best places for ingredients, meats etc. 

I know there is Smithfield,billi gsgate but not been or even sure how easy it is to buy as I'll not be buying in bulk. 

I normally go to wing yip at the bottom of the M1 for Chinese, Japanese ingredients. 

Never been that keen on London, the fact you cant find a fruit and veg shop in a city of 8 million confirms my feeling

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

Never been that keen on London, the fact you cant find a fruit and veg shop in a city of 8 million confirms my feeling

I'm not in London. I'm just outside in Watford, so hoping those that have/live actually in London might have some ideas