You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Words or Phrases that get on Your T*ts

VladimirIlyich

On 16/07/2014 at 23:28, Boss said:

'Like' in the adjunct sense, were it's just plastered into a sentence for no reason whatsoever

Example - "I like went to the cinema to see that Batman it was like decent, but i was like not that arsed about it"

I can never understand the American urge to use the word "ass" for emphasis.

I saw a photo on Facebook with an American caption "Look at these weird ass fucking cats" and I was confused for a short while.

On 17/07/2014 at 00:09, Harry Squatter said:

British people who use baseball terms like Curve ball, Rain check and Close of play

Especially when they use them incorrectly. I saw a meme on Facebook in praise of stepfathers, describing them as men who who not only step up to the plate, but eat everything on it.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

People in work have started referring to meetings as "huddles".

We've been infected with 'agile' methodology (or ideology, really). So we have stand-ups, scrums, scrum of scrums, scrum retros and worst of all, 'Three Amigos'. All of them seem to be meetings for their own sake and largely consist of arguments about the best way to work, rather than actually fucking doing anything worthwhile in the first place. I'm convinced this bullshit is so contractors can spin out and lengthen their contracts while trolling everyone with stupid names.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’ve noticed this has suddenly become ubiquitous and it annoys me: gotten.

What is wrong with just the word ‘got’.

He’s gotten over it. Piss off. Not having it.

My boss also says “we have to be cognisant of…” which is because of working with too many of our American clients, I think. That can be chopped into a million pieces and thrown in the bin too.

@Carradona that was all typed out with a brummie accent, by the way.

Gotten is fuckin terrible.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Hate that, “Josh had 10 pints each one followed by a whisky chaser the absolute legend” Fuck off 

I've a hatred for this shit.

Mandela is a legend, King Kenny is a legend.

Your mate making a passable attempt at farting La Marseillaise when he's pissed, doesn't make him a legend.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Think we need to park this up and have a breakout thread meeting.

Corporate cunt sayings.

11 hours ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, just leave it on the back burner until we can blue sky a pipeline for an easy win.

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We can workshop ideas for that thread in a World Café.

Could you guys maybe take this offline?

• Upvote 4

On 18/09/2022 at 15:41, sir roger said:

I've a hatred for this shit.

Mandela is a legend, King Kenny is a legend.

Your mate making a passable attempt at farting La Marseillaise when he's pissed, doesn't make him a legend.

But worrabout these Leg ends:

IMG_20220918_125046.jpg