You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

12 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

True Detective 4/10. Utter shite.

If this is an example of 'woke' then the Gammons may have a point.

Woke, in what way? 

Having female leads and a female-centric storyline is not woke.

On 20/02/2024 at 10:31, VladimirIlyich said:

Five series according to IMDB. Four to go.

I also enjoyed Underbelly from Oz if you haven't seen it.

Yep , 5 series. I'm on the fifth now and as Tommy says it's gone off on a complete tangent, I'll stick with it a while and see how it goes.  First 4 though were excellent.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3800965/true-detective-season-5-coming-soon-from-hbo-with-night-country-creator-issa-lopez-returning/

They should probably let it die at this point. The first series captured lightning in a bottle, the next two were mediocre at best and it sounds like the last one is a complete turd, despite some rather desperate positive reviews from 'professional critics' which look to be more based around culture warring than the actual quality of the series.

4 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Finished Griselda on netflix. Definitely worth watching. It said based in a true story and some of it was so ridiculous I thought it was mostly fictional. Was quite surprised how much of it was true after googling it at the end.

I don't think her character in it came across as hard as it's made out she was in real life though. hard faced yeah and clearly a murderer but she seemed to spend most of the series begging for help. 

9 hours ago, Mudface said:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3800965/true-detective-season-5-coming-soon-from-hbo-with-night-country-creator-issa-lopez-returning/

They should probably let it die at this point. The first series captured lightning in a bottle, the next two were mediocre at best and it sounds like the last one is a complete turd, despite some rather desperate positive reviews from 'professional critics' which look to be more based around culture warring than the actual quality of the series.

It was shite.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It was shite.

It certainly sounds it. I've started rewatching the third series, I just couldn't get going with the second. It's actually a lot better than I remembered, although I'm sure I recall it sagging badly about halfway through and being too long.

12 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It certainly sounds it. I've started rewatching the third series, I just couldn't get going with the second. It's actually a lot better than I remembered, although I'm sure I recall it sagging badly about halfway through and being too long.

Series 2 and 3 were decent after the original was a cracker. 4 was simply not even in the same universe.

Just watched the first episode of Sexy Beast. mainly because I walked past Croxteth Hall a few times when they were filming it. They had a big Marquee on the grass field next to it for all the make up artists etc. 

So far not that good, I'll keep going. It might help if I stop looking for comparisons to the film which is excellent. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Just watched the first episode of Sex beast. mainly because I walked past Croxteth Hall a few times when they were filming it. They had a big Marquee on the grass field next to it for all the make up artists etc. 

So far not that good, I'll keep going. It might help if I stop looking for comparisons to the film which is excellent. 

This the one about Jim Torbett?*

*sorry Stig, I couldn't resist 

I pretended the two leads were male from the start, so it was just a string of the usual boring cop-show cliches capped off by a slapped-together, ill-thought-out ending.

SPOILER

The idea that they'd all just get together, get their guns, and kill all those people without actually trying to figure out which, if any of them actually killed the victim is ridiculous. 

As bad as series one was good, and the longer it lasted the worse it got.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

I pretended the two leads were male from the start, so it was just a string of the usual boring cop-show cliches capped off by a slapped-together, ill-thought-out ending.

SPOILER

The idea that they'd all just get together, get their guns, and kill all those people without actually trying to figure out which, if any of them actually killed the victim is ridiculous. 

As bad as series one was good, and the longer it lasted the worse it got.

I gave up after episode 4, it was fucking shite.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Just watched the first episode of Sexy Beast. mainly because I walked past Croxteth Hall a few times when they were filming it. They had a big Marquee on the grass field next to it for all the make up artists etc. 

I loved the film. But it seems to me if ever there was a movie that didn't need a prequel or a sequel, that was probably one. You don't need to know anything about those people.

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I loved the film. But it seems to me if ever there was a movie that didn't need a prequel or a sequel, that was probably one. You don't need to know anything about those people.

It all hinges on how Dons character turns out. 

• Upvote 1