You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

I've followed all the installation steps and got mash up on xbmc but can't get a film to play, instead just getting error message 'one or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details.'

I've also downloaded avia and allcast to run it from my phone to the telly through chromecast. Anyone have any preference of app?

Istream did not work for me when I switched to Gotham. It had no links for the shows/films.

It has extensions that need to be enabled. Search in setup/addons/get add ons/xunitytalkrepo/services .

Mine works now.

No luck. Would uninstalling and then reinstalling istream work you think?

No luck. Would uninstalling and then reinstalling istream work you think?

Worth a try. Mine was like yours at first, just sort of blank and then it gave me loads of advertising shit and then it looked normal but with no links. 

It could also be the skin. I tried using the amber istream skin even though it said some dependencies were unmet and it looked OK but was not really working. I then changed to the normal amber skin and used istream as just a video addon instead and it seems fine after enabling the extensions. This is on Gotham on a Raspberry Pi using OpenElec on a USB stick.

What is the difference between istream and icefilms?

DimReaper is right that there is more on iStream as it searches icefilms and 1 channel and other sites. 

It has other nice features such as marking where you are up to when watching a series and adding new episodes when they come out. 

It is pretty as well.

Sounds like my missus would appreciate that more than icefilms.

I am bit shit when it comes to this XBMC lark, so where do I get the add on's from?

There was a video kicking around on how to install Istream - it was very simple.  But i was looking for it again one time and it seemed to have been deleted.  So, not sure. 

Sounds like my missus would appreciate that more than icefilms.

I am bit shit when it comes to this XBMC lark, so where do I get the add on's from?

This is a decent site for video how to do stuff.

http://www.totalxbmc.tv/newsite/

Loads of istream vids here

http://www.totalxbmc.tv/newsite/istream/

Friendly Cockernee bloke seems to have been replaced by a Yank robot.

• Upvote 1

Can't get my istream working at all so I'll give give those videos a watch and hopefully get it working.

Like Elite said, if you click go into video>video add ons there should be an option in there called fix my iStream. Click on that and it often fixes the problem.

I used an android box the other day and the xbmc was painfully slow on it. Took an age to get anything up on it and then buffered constantly. I was thinking of getting one for the bedroom but I'm shelving the idea now.

On my mac in the living room it's absolutely perfect.

Christ is is supposed to be this slow?

If you are not running it off a USB 3.0 stick then get one. It is much quicker and well worth the fiver or so it will cost. You can then overclock it. (It is not difficult).

Have a look at the guides here. It has easy instructions on how to set it up and how to overclock.

http://www.totalxbmc.tv/newsite/hardware-raspberry-pi/