You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players sold or availible for £20M or less this summer who would improve us.

Code

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed that the following players have moved to the PL this season and we haven't been interested (I'm not going to include players who have moved to CL clubs because it's not realistic to think we could have got Jovetic for example when we were being rivalled for his signature by City and Arsenal etc):

Steven CaulkerHe seemed like a good price, and a good solution for the medium to long term as one of our centre back positions. He also moved to Cardiff, and isnt Welsh, which suggests that he would have jumped at the chance to move to us. Of course, no idea what his wages are like, I expect Cardiff offered him very, very good terms.

Fernando AmorebietaMoved to Fulham for next to nothing. Bit in the Coates mould but with more experience of playing at a top level and also experience of playing in a pressing team at Bilbao. For free, it's a great solution to the CB issue. That said, he's opted to live in London, uncertain if he would have entertained a move to the NW of England.

Loic RemyI just like him. He's a handful and he may also be a loon and go to prison in the near future, but until he's proven guilty then he's still a player. He's in the Thierry Henry mould, just powerful and pacy and with explosive and inventive finishes. Great signing on loan.

Van WolfswinkelI've been a fan of his for some time, though he seemed to be on the wane when he chose to go to Lisbon, he seemed to be out of options then. But he's a natural finisher, he's got a great scoring record across Holland and Portugal, he's still only 24 and he's 6ft 1. For £8m he seems to tick a lot of boxes, and his header on the opening day was clinical. I think he's much better value than Soldado.

PS I liked Leroy Fer but there are real concerns about his injury potential which led to Everton pulling out of buying him last January. Otherwise he'd be in this list.

Dejan LovrenSeems a very complete centre back for £8m, I'd be surprised if he doesn't go on to become a real success for Southampton. Again, seems like he'd have jumped at a move to Liverpool.

Jozy AltidoreHe seems like he's been around for year but he's still only 23, and what's more, in the last two seasons he's become a real player and scores a lot of goals. Big, big lad but mobile. Was in the Eriedivise team of the season last year as centre forward, and surpassed Dempsey's best ever haul in a season, which Dempsey was lauded to high heaven for. Considering Sunderland got him for £6.5m, it's a gamble well worth taking. 51 goals in the last two seasons for AZ Alkmaar, and has scored 7 goals in 10 appearances for USA in 2013. Sometimes it just clicks for a player, but he's always shown potential which is why Villareal bought him all those years ago as a teenager.

De GuzmanI love him, and although I think it would have been difficult to wrestle him away from Laudrup, I think that it would have been worth trying. Again, they only loaned him, which seems odd. Very versatile and mobile, probably could have got him for £2m considering Villareal's plight.

Gary MedelHe's a personal favourite of mine, not everyone's cup of tea, but he can play centre back or defensive midfield. To me, he solved two problems in one, but cost £11m and very likely to get a couple of red cards a season. Still, a very good ball player and a relentless goon who will chase down dead balls going out for a throw on the halfway line.

That said, I'd have been very jealous to see Mignolet, Aspas, Toure, Cissokho all go to PL clubs this Summer and us miss out on them, and Alberto I don't yet know enough about.

FWIW, I think we'll end up spending a lot of money in the next week. Rodgers seems determined to do 'something', and it may not be as good as we want but the momentum from rabid fans is going to be partly to blame. We could sit on this money and strengthen in January, this squad could easily cope for the next 3 months and keep us in the top 4 until then. But I'm concerned that we're going to see a Downing or Carroll-esque signing to make it look like we mean business.

Dries Mertens, €9m!

I'd like to send a big middle finger fuck you to the dictators who currently mod RAWK.

I had a big bouncey titty gif but will have to wait 15 posts:wallbutt:

This from tonight:

If you discuss Mata without an acceptable source, you will be banned.

If you try make a lame "Spurs will gazump us" joke, you will be banned.

If you quote twitter, other than from a very respected journalist (our opinion, not yours), you will be banned.

If you mention the odds of a transfer, you will be banned.

If you mention the number of pages in the topic, you will be banned.

If you even think about mentioning the Daily Mail, you will be banned.

If you mention signing Carroll or Downing, or Cole, or any of those other past transfer mistakes, you will be banned.

If you moan about how strict we are in this topic by posting in this topic, you will be banned.

If you moan about FSG in this topic, you will be banned.

If you try and analyse anyone's body language, you will be banned.

If your post irritates a mod, you will be bannned.

If England lose a wicket whilst I am reading your post, I will hold you responsible, and you will be banned.

If you talk about transfers not related to LFC, you will be banned.

Any mention of FIFA, Championship Manager or any video game apart from Sensible Soccer and you will be banned.

Any mention of any swap deal without an acceptable source, and you will be banned.

Any Suarez talk without a source and you will be banned.

Any Suarez talk with a source that we deem not good enough, and you will be banned.

Any gif that we have seen before and don't appreciate the repetition and you will be banned.

We also do not want to discuss how good a player you think Lucas is. No discussion about players leaving unless you have a source, or you will be banned.

Of course all the other site rules also apply.

And don't whinge that you weren't warned.

:D:D Not being sarcastic, either - he goes on to boast of how many he's already banned. What a joke of a site.

This from tonight:

:D:D Not being sarcastic, either - he goes on to boast of how many he's already banned. What a joke of a site.

That site should be shut down, bringing shame on the club. The rest of the country rightly takes the piss out of the tossers.