You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

Newspaper reports suggest that Luis Suarez has agreed personal terms with Real Madrid. If this is true, then Madrid are in breach of the rules. Then again Pratini will probably let them away with it.

However, I don't believe a word of it. Liverpool are digging their heels in, they've said, Luis Suarez is not for sale, we've not had any bids nor are we willing to entertain any.

It's up to Luis Suarez to hand in a written transfer request thus forfeiting a loyalty bonus. He looks bad in the eyes of the fans for a short spell. However he won't be treated like Michael Owen because he's said he would never ever play for Manchester United.

Is it not very common that teams agree terms with a player before they bid? I know its not supposed to happen but every club does it and I'd wager we have done it this summer.

Guest San Don
Is it not very common that teams agree terms with a player before they bid? I know its not supposed to happen but every club does it and I'd wager we have done it this summer.

No, its clearly a breach when the player agrees anything with another club before negotiations are agreed between the two clubs, even if just in principle.

Its not unknown for a new club to 'agree' deals with a players agent before the clubs agree. I think this goes on a lot and it might just be semantics but at least the deal isnt officially agreed with the player.

Marca or whoever the paper reporting this may have got it wrong but if they are correct, I think the club will harden its stance on Suarez from now on.

I want him gone now, he's annoying me and he'll prove to be a disctraction if he stays around whining.

Well, that plays right into Madrid's hands, and is pretty much their MO. Rodgers needs to convince Suarez that we are right for him for at least another season. Or Madrid have to stump up a whole lotta cash.

Guest San Don
Well, that plays right into Madrid's hands, and is pretty much their MO. Rodgers needs to convince Suarez that we are right for him for at least another season. Or Madrid have to stump up a whole lotta cash.

Actually, I think we need to be very clever now and look to sell on our terms and our price while appearing to be reluctant to sell.

By the end of next season, he'll only have 2 years left on his contract (if Im correct). His transfer value will be lower as a result.

He's given 120% on the pitch for us but, Im not now convinced he'll do that next season if he doesnt get this move.

Yep

Brilliant at times, mostly greedy all other times.

I've been saying he should be sold for months and nothing has changed my mind.

So you'd sell him because of his ability, not disciplinary misdemeanours, ability?

23 league goals in 33 games. What currently resides in the space where you previously kept your brain?

Wasn't this report by RM newspaper.

If so, its bullshit.

Can anyone see Saurez doing something nutty just so we lose patience and flog him.

I can.

It would be stupid and the ban would include all leagues, not just the PL but I don't think Luis has the sense to compute this at all.

So you'd sell him because of his ability, not disciplinary misdemeanours, ability?

23 league goals in 33 games. What currently resides in the space where you previously kept your brain?

My eyes

Remove your brain and replace it with my eyes

He is greedy and selfish and thats why he scores goals. Most strikers are, so its no stick to beat him with.

But we can revamp our squad by selling him and move forward and not rely on one guy to be greedy and score all the goals.

It's a no brainer.

I'm not mezmorized by flashes of brilliance when most of the time they are followed with our team members running with there arms wide open when he has tried yet another nutmeg instead of rolling them the ball for an easy shooting chance.

Or when he constantly tries to dribble around 5 players and ends up with the ball in the side net instead of just fucking passing the ball to a guy with his arms wide open on the edge of the area or 6 yard box.

The pro and con's of Luis Suarez can be talked about for years, the reality is we need cash to build a squad. We have spent decades relying on 1 or 2 top players and its got us nowhere. Sell him, buy 3 top players and move forward...

Or we could just wank at the spectacular goals and be happy we have a "magician" and build our team around 1 player....thats worked well for us.

My eyes

Remove your brain and replace it with my eyes

He is greedy and selfish and thats why he scores goals. Most strikers are, so its no stick to beat him with.

But we can revamp our squad by selling him and move forward and not rely on one guy to be greedy and score all the goals.

It's a no brainer.

I'm not mezmorized by flashes of brilliance when most of the time they are followed with our team members running with there arms wide open when he has tried yet another nutmeg instead of rolling them the ball for an easy shooting chance.

Or when he constantly tries to dribble around 5 players and ends up with the ball in the side net instead of just fucking passing the ball to a guy with his arms wide open on the edge of the area or 6 yard box.

The pro and con's of Luis Suarez can be talked about for years, the reality is we need cash to build a squad. We have spent decades relying on 1 or 2 top players and its got us nowhere. Sell him, buy 3 top players and move forward...

Or we could just wank at the spectacular goals and be happy we have a "magician" and build our team around 1 player....thats worked well for us.

I would pick that all apart but instead I'll summarise. You're an idiot.

I would pick that all apart but instead I'll summarise. You're an idiot.

Yawn

Another cunt who doesnt have any insight or knowledge about what we require

Another man who still buys match magazine and has Suarez posters on his bedroom wall

He is just a good player, playing in a shit league against shit defenders. When he goes to spain he wont look half as good and wont score nearly as many goals

Sell him and we can buy other good players, who arent as greedy and don't cause as much shit off the pitch, and still score goals.

WE as a CLUB will move FORWARD

But no

Its all about Suarez and how amazing he is and how there is no life after him and we are fucked without him bla bla fucking bla

If your unaware of whats happening in front of your own eyes then i can't help.

I don't agree he's a bad as your saying but do agree he should be sold.Get the right price and use the money wisely and we come out stronger then if we had kept him.

Excellent point about the building a team around a player, how long have we been saying this and it never works out.Fuck that shit I want a team of top players and I'd trust Brendan with money to get in a couple of good players.

I don't agree he's a bad as your saying but do agree he should be sold.Get the right price and use the money wisely and we come out stronger then if we had kept him.

Excellent point about the building a team around a player, how long have we been saying this and it never works out.Fuck that shit I want a team of top players and I'd trust Brendan with money to get in a couple of good players.

I dont hink he is a bad player, in fact i think he is the 2nd best individual player in the world (behind ronaldo) He is brilliant at times and a joy to watch.

But i find him really greedy, he doesnt see the easy passes that will help us score easy goals. This is because his mindset is "i can do it myself". Again thats fine, you need leaders but not to the detriment of our team and squad as a whole.

I think our own players are scared not to pass him the ball as they will just get verbals. So some of the younger guys or less experienced players take the easy option and just give him the ball whenever they can.

That is no way to develop and it just makes us heavily reliant on one player.....which we have treid with gerrard and torres. We need to get away from that shit.

If he tried to change i think he would become a worse player, his style/determination/passion are what makes him the player he is. Is he the type of player we need to progress though? I'm not so sure and 50 million big ones would easily help make up my mind.

The English league is shit, the national team tells us how shit it is and the fact players like suarez struggle to shine when up against top class players, is an indication of its standards.

We will have no trouble finding players to come here and do well, its a sign of the times and the quality of the league. We can build something brilliant with that money or we can keep wanking over flashes of brilliance.