You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson retiring Imminent.

TheHitman

David Gill #MUTV exclusive: "Momentous day for the club, the fans and the whole football world. We knew this day would come and we have been preparing for that. Board will take council from Sir Alex and Sir Bobby on new appointment. The new manager will have to have experience in both England and European competitions. Working with Sir Alex has been the highlight of my career."

Rules out Moyes

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The just can't give the job to Moyes, it was only 9 months ago Redknapp was nailed on for the England job by all the media. Bottom line is it will be someone who was won something surely?.

Yeah, I don't buy that either. I don't think it will be Moyes at the end.

Moyes has experience in Europe - he just hasn't had any winning experience.

The best thing he has going for him is his ability to get his teams to play full on - that's how he's managed to overachieve. That's what sets the mancs apart - they never let up, either in a game or during the season.

I don't think it's been a decision shitty arse has taken overnight, so he's probably already tapped up whoever he wants to replace him. If he has I think Moyes' or Maureens' people would have let it out the bag by now - plus they are both technically still under contract so would have had to ask permission from their clubs to speak with either of them.

I'd not be surprised if they looked at someone like Giggs or Scholes to work under hin for a few years.

But I think Maureen would relish the prospect of working alongside Ferguson as Director of Football, as he creams his pants at the mear mention of his name.

Whoever it is though they are gonna have a tough ride getting that squad of players playing like Ferguson had, 'cos it does lack real quality in depth.

There are far better squads in the PL that should be finishing above Utd every year but don't, and that is, sadly however much we don't want to admit it, down to Ferguson.

If he still wants 'control' via the Sporting Director - then Moyes may have a chance, but that will also highlight the level of Moyes ambition.

The man who has took a top 3 salary telling all and sundry that he wants to 'build' something will become a coach!

Moyes has experience in Europe - he just hasn't had any winning experience.

The best thing he has going for him is his ability to get his teams to play full on - that's how he's managed to overachieve. That's what sets the mancs apart - they never let up, either in a game or during the season.

Is the "J" in your name standing for "Joker" by any chance?

Just had a look at Red Cafe. The reality of Moyes' probable appointment is really kicking in with some of them now. Joyous scenes.

It's like reading this place when Hodgson came to us. Most know he'll be shite but they're trying their hardest to put a positive spin on it.

If he still wants 'control' via the Sporting Director - then Moyes may have a chance, but that will also highlight the level of Moyes ambition.

The man who has took a top 3 salary telling all and sundry that he wants to 'build' something will become a coach!

If it is Moyes, and I think it is, the I'm guessing Ferguson will have spoken to him and he will be there as more of a mentor to him.

I don't think Moyes would have his nose put out of joint by being hand picked by probably the best current manager in the world to take over one of the biggest jobs in the world, if Ferguson has chose now to retire then it must be because of his health so I don't think he'd compromise that by being in Moyes background all the time.

He will probably stay on in and advisory capacity for a year or two to make sure nothing disastrous happens then Moyes will probably be left in full control of the type of job he has always wanted, he'd be a fool to say no to the opportunity

No matter who takes over the fact is both the club and Shitpants have made a massive error in allowing / wanting him to move upstairs. Football is littered with examples of this and it never ever ever works out.

Imagine the scenes if the new guy gets off to a ropey start with Emperor Demento looking down from his seat, and the fans chanting his name. He should have severed all ties with the club for a few years, and then maybe returned in some capacity further down the line.

Big mistake (ha ha).

Harsh.

The scale of the job is such at Man U that having Whiskeynose around is no bad thing.

The critical indicator will be first team results, if Moyes can focus just on that, he would have a head start.

I don't think it's been a decision shitty arse has taken overnight, so he's probably already tapped up whoever he wants to replace him. If he has I think Moyes' or Maureens' people would have let it out the bag by now - plus they are both technically still under contract so would have had to ask permission from their clubs to speak with either of them.

I'd not be surprised if they looked at someone like Giggs or Scholes to work under hin for a few years.

But I think Maureen would relish the prospect of working alongside Ferguson as Director of Football, as he creams his pants at the mear mention of his name.

Whoever it is though they are gonna have a tough ride getting that squad of players playing like Ferguson had, 'cos it does lack real quality in depth.

There are far better squads in the PL that should be finishing above Utd every year but don't, and that is, sadly however much we don't want to admit it, down to Ferguson.

When did that ever stop the scum, or anyone else for that matter, tapping up players?

But as was said before, Everton would be weakened without him, Utd would be weakened with him. We can but hope.

There is also a caveat in here with the old 'Be careful what you wish for' chestnut. Who knows what may happen or how it will affect their or our futures.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
he'd be a fool to say no to the opportunity

Maybe. I dunno. It's not going to be easy. As I said in the other thread, he'd be taking over a team which has won 5 of the last 7 league titles and finished with a possible 91 points this season. It's surely only downhill from here?

Still can't see it being Moyes. I'd be amazed if it is. Really amazed.

The reason i wouldn't be amazed is because Fergie is a control freak and he'll probably be there the whole time "guiding" Moyes. He'd know he can do that with Moyes whereas it might not be the case with other good managers.

If it is Moyes, and I think it is, the I'm guessing Ferguson will have spoken to him and he will be there as more of a mentor to him.

I don't think Moyes would have his nose put out of joint by being hand picked by probably the best current manager in the world to take over one of the biggest jobs in the world, if Ferguson has chose now to retire then it must be because of his health so I don't think he'd compromise that by being in Moyes background all the time.

He will probably stay on in and advisory capacity for a year or two to make sure nothing disastrous happens then Moyes will probably be left in full control of the type of job he has always wanted, he'd be a fool to say no to the opportunity

I can't help but think that if Ferguson has hand-picked Moyes it's because he doesn't want the next man being any sort of challenge to his standing or record at the club.