You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

"If You spend over £100 million pound you expect to be challenging for the league".

or is it

" If you spend over £100 million pound you expect to be challenging for 4th place"

Either we did neither.

Nah, this interview/presser

http://talksport.com/football/rodgers-liverpool-will-challenge-titlenext-season-150122133502

The fucking prick...

I have no problems Rodgers talking big.

Although he is quite smart at throwing in caveats as to why he may fail to meet any goals.

The problem I have is he never delivers.

After getting knocked out of the Champions League he was waffling on about Europe not seeing his team.

An impotent performance followed and we limped out against a mediocre team.

I guess Europe did see Rodgers team in Europe, sadly and stank.

I don't think I've been fully on board with Rodgers since he rested the first team in a Champions league game where we were desperate for the points. A manager of Liverpool pulling that shit, incredible.

The minute it looked like we were out of our depth the whole thing started to smack of 'we don't want to win it anyway'. 

I don't think I've been fully on board with Rodgers since he rested the first team in a Champions league game where we were desperate for the points. A manager of Liverpool pulling that shit, incredible.

The man was so out of his depth it was embarrassing to watch at that point. Hence why I question remarks that we can challenge for titles or top 4 next season. He's like David Cameron, decent at PR but then his mouth starts to run away with him and you realise what an amateur he actually is. Top 4 next season means nothing in the grand scheme because a) we won't sign anyone of consequence and b ) Rodgers will be just as clueless at the helm again with more than one match to manage per week.

The man was so out of his depth it was embarrassing to watch at that point. Hence why I question remarks that we can challenge for titles or top 4 next season. He's like David Cameron, decent at PR but then his mouth starts to run away with him and you realise what an amateur he actually is. Top 4 next season means nothing in the grand scheme because a) we won't sign anyone of consequence and b ) Rodgers will be just as clueless at the helm again with more than one match to manage per week.

I think that's harsh. I'm not a fan of Rodgers as a manager but I think his flaws stem mainly from inexperience, he's a young manager in a massive job and went straight from the Z league to the A league overnight. 

He's got ability though, he's shown that, it's just that his flaws are too glaring at the present time to take us where we need  to go. 

As I said on another thread, I actually think he'd be a good number 2 here for the time being, but doubt very much he'd ever consider that. It'd be ideal for him though to work under someone like Ancelotti for a couple of years and see where we are then. 

I think that's harsh. I'm not a fan of Rodgers as a manager but I think his flaws stem mainly from inexperience, he's a young manager in a massive job and went straight from the Z league to the A league overnight.

He's got ability though, he's shown that, it's just that his flaws are too glaring at the present time to take us where we need to go.

As I said on another thread, I actually think he'd be a good number 2 here for the time being, but doubt very much he'd ever consider that. It'd be ideal for him though to work under someone like Ancelotti for a couple of years and see where we are then.

When you're earning £3/£4m per year and are quick to shift blame or take plaudits I don't think its actually that harsh. I don't know any other manager that would have chucked one CL game let alone two, at Madrid and home against Basel.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He's got ability though, he's shown that, it's just that his flaws are too glaring at the present time to take us where we need  to go. 

A good post in full.

The problem is that Brendan is getting far more out of this relationship than we are. He has tasted having big money to spend, managing two Euro campaigns, and managing a world class player, none of which he would have got at Swansea. We have one second finish, and a mishmash of a side.

With a new contract in his back pocket, it is in his interests to sit this out. He has nothing to lose. ”Failure” for us, 5th-7th, are creditable notches in his still early managerial career. With our wages and income he can claim to FSG that this is as good as it gets. FSG may fear that hiring a more experienced ( an expensive) man will simply result in their being told they need to spend more.

Last year I saw a description of us as an upper mid table team with a title winning strike force. That was about right.

It will be interesting to track the trajectory of Brendan’s career from now. If he doesn’t crack it here, for whatever reason, will he become another John Gregory or George Burley? Appearing only in nostalgia shows for the “glory years”(sic).

A good post in full.

The problem is that Brendan is getting far more out of this relationship than we are. He has tasted having big money to spend, managing two Euro campaigns, and managing a world class player, none of which he would have got at Swansea. We have one second finish, and a mishmash of a side.

With a new contract in his back pocket, it is in his interests to sit this out. He has nothing to lose. ”Failure” for us, 5th-7th, are creditable notches in his still early managerial career. With our wages and income he can claim to FSG that this is as good as it gets. FSG may fear that hiring a more experienced ( an expensive) man will simply result in their being told they need to spend more.

Last year I saw a description of us as an upper mid table team with a title winning strike force. That was about right.

It will be interesting to track the trajectory of Brendan’s career from now. If he doesn’t crack it here, for whatever reason, will he become another John Gregory or George Burley? Appearing only in nostalgia shows for the “glory years”(sic).

So, you think Rodgers will see his Liverpool stint as a success but no-one else will?

A good post in full.

That 'upper mid table team with a title winning attack' is a very apt one.

That attack has gone and look where we are.

Rodgers is a winner and he'll be hurting more than any of us. This idea that he's happy to tread water and be remembered as a failure or just being happy to be at Liverpool is totally false. Say what you like about him but you can't tell me he has no ambition.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers is a winner and he'll be hurting more than any of us. This idea that he's happy to tread water and be remembered as a failure or just being happy to be at Liverpool is totally false. Say what you like about him but you can't tell me he has no ambition.

Yes.

The notion that he'll be comfortable where we're at is just fucking ridiculous.