You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official 2013 Ashes Thread

A_S

I've been disappointed in what I have seen of Pattinson so far. He has come over here with a big reputation but he gives away far too many four balls. Harris is good though and you can see why the Aussies would want him to stay fit.

As for the batting performance it simply isn't good enough. I think we have only made 500 once in the last 14 tests or so and we barely ever make 400. That's your reference point for a top class unit and we haven't been that for a while. I think we can get back there as I still believe that the 4 established batsmen are excellent but just need to find consistent form. Prior once he gets his head down will be ok and Root will come good. Really not convinced by Bairstow though. He needs to sort his technique before he performs consistently at test level - if he is ever able to do that.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have done that for this one. Just for the variation of a leftie if nothing else.

Can't remember who but someone on here suggested Starc missed out as they were concerned about the footholes he was leaving for Swann to bowl into.

Reckon there may well be something in that.

Can't remember who but someone on here suggested Starc missed out as they were concerned about the footholes he was leaving for Swann to bowl into.

Reckon there may well be something in that.

Fucking shithouse of them if that was the case. Not having it, myself.