You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ideal January signing

Bert

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yep really like Mertens. Him and Walcott would be great, although we'd still be reliant on Suarez centrally.

I still think Ba at £7 million is good value.

7m is a bargain unless his knee goes pop

Plus, Code's comments have been about possession football in general. Possession = loser. Apparently. It'd be hilarious seeing him weasel his way back.

Barcelona's amount and where on the pitch they have their posession and what they try to achieve with it are totallty different to where, how much and what we do with our posession so no, its not really compareable and thats one of the funny things with all this people actually compare them and thing we are doing the same, thats pretty hilarious really.

There is nothing wrong with posession as long as you keep it where you actually are a danger to the opposition, the key to Barcalona's gamne though is not their posession and its how fast and where they win the ball back if they lose it.

I have nothing against Brendan Rodgers I just think the way he has put forward his ideas and what we have seen from it where we have had the opportunity to actually judge them makes it obvious they are massively flawed, but if he can see this and change then I'm all for keeping him if he can start to get results.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Nobody thinks we're doing the same things as Barcelona. Do you have any idea, Code, how long it took Barca to get to the point where they could do what they do now? It was more than 11 league games and one transfer windows.

Nobody thinks we're doing the same things as Barcelona. Do you have any idea, Code, how long it took Barca to get to the point where they could do what they do now? It was more than 11 league games and one transfer windows.

It's not like Barca weren't quite a decent side who won lots of trophies before the amazing tippy-tappy bellend revolution under Guardiola. I suppose having the second highest wage-bill and one of the most expensively assembled squads in the world also helps a bit

It's not like Barca weren't quite a decent side who won lots of trophies before the amazing tippy-tappy bellend revolution under Guardiola. I suppose having the second highest wage-bill and one of the most expensively assembled squads in the world also helps a bit

Two words: Avram Grant.

If we managed to get Ba and Walcott for £15m it'd be a dream window. It's most likely going to be covered by a fee for Carroll. Still have a feeling he may go back to Newcastle in January

No chance Carroll will go to Newcastle in January. You can't play for more than 2 premier league clubs a season.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah, exactly. It started well before pep. It takes ages and the right players.

Unless they have changed the rule it does not say he cant play for more than two different clubs, it say he cant sign for more than two different clubs the same season.

Loan 09/10:

David Martin:

Tranmere - 1 month from 16th of October,

Leeds - from 26th of November until 10th of February.

Derby 12th of March until 10th of April

But the rules could obviously have changed since then.

Loan 09/10:

David Martin:

Tranmere - 1 month from 16th of October,

Leeds - from 26th of November until 10th of February.

Derby 12th of March until 10th of April

But the rules could obviously have changed since then.

Emergency loans are the only thing exempt from the rule, so I'd guess the loans to Derby or Tranmere were classed as emergency loans.

This is an example:

Scunthorpe's website explained: “The midfielder has already played for two clubs this season so under FIFA rules cannot play for a third.

“Walker made two substitute appearances for Watford at the start of the season before joining Stevenage on a standard loan at the end of August where he made seven appearances.

“The current rules state that while a player can register for three clubs during a season he can only play for a maximum two clubs. This rule applies to both permanent signings and standard loans.

“Emergency loans do not count towards the two club rule meaning the player is free to join and play for the Iron on this basis.

“The Iron expect to complete the deal in time for Saturday's game with Colchester United.”

We could sell Andy Carroll to Newcastle if we choose too. I don't think there is a precedent but this is a very unusual situation, we clearly didn't want him and tried everything we could to sell him. I'm sure some obscure EU law would restrict UEFA or the FA from stopping Andy signing for a club that actually want him.

Signing Ba would be the act of a desperate club,he is quality but he's fucked. Just look at Joe Cole to see what 20m flushed down the toilet looks like. Walcott I'm warming too, being watching him closely since September and his crossing is absolutely spot on. In the 4 or 5 games I've seen him he has delivered about 20 Steven Gerrard type crosses that where begging to be buried.