You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spartak Moscow(A)- Champions League 26/09/17

LFC 6 Times

Three points in Moscow would be a very good result. As would getting all the fans home safely. That's my biggest concern tbh. There's something very foreboding about Russia at the moment. The fans seem about 30 years behind in terms of their attitude and penchant for a bit of violence too. The Russian police won't do us any favors either, as there's a lot of needle between Russia and the U.K. at the moment, and I get the impression that the police will either turn a blind eye or overreact.

Three points and fans home safely please.

Mancs in town too....what a potential powderkeg.

There's already been warnings according to the BBC. Might be one of those times we have to stand with them sick as that sounds. I've some good work mates who are Mancs, wouldn't want to see them in any kind of shit as much as I don't want to see us in any kind of shit!

There's already been warnings according to the BBC. Might be one of those times we have to stand with them sick as that sounds. I've some good work mates who are Mancs, wouldn't want to see them in any kind of shit as much as I don't want to see us in any kind of shit!

Be interesting as they are similar to us in that they hate all the ingerlund shite as well - so unlike the cockney teams et al they won't be there with shite george cross flags with club name and three lions on etc and stupid xenophobic little ingerlunder ways.

Maybe based on that there might actually be less agg...

I have one manc friend but he is a city fan and he is a sound lad - followed them all over when they were shite and realises how lucky they are now.

Saw a comedian once who did a sketch about Scousers from Fazakerley & Toxteth snarling at each other in a bar in Benidorm until a Manc came in & this basically brought the scousers together & then when a cockney came in this brought the manc into the fold & so on.

I can't see any Liverpool/ Manc fans doing anything untoward in Moscow , my worry would be the local police & supporters / gangs.

Saw a comedian once who did a sketch about Scousers from Fazakerley & Toxteth snarling at each other in a bar in Benidorm until a Manc came in & this basically brought the scousers together & then when a cockney came in this brought the manc into the fold & so on.

I can't see any Liverpool/ Manc fans doing anything untoward in Moscow , my worry would be the local police & supporters / gangs.

Yep, that is a concern. As an English football fan, I wouldn't be going anywhere near Russia, myself. Too much hassle and too risky. Fair play to those who do, but I hope they take maximum care.

• Upvote 1

I'd flip the midfield triangle for this one to have 2 sitting in front of the back 4, and one with licence to join the attack. I'd go with Henderson and Can sitting, with Coutinho ahead of them and Wijnaldum on the bench. I'd also consider using Milner at right back unless Spartak's left-sided attacker is pacy, in which case I'd stick with one of Gomez or Trent A-A. Up front, I think I would leave Firmino on the bench and start with one of Sturridge or Solanke, with Salah and Mane either side of him. If Klopp decides to rest Salahfor whatever reason, then AOC can come in on the right.

We didn't try this against Leicester but we need to test it out at some point as it might be the best way to approach away fixtures, especially against sides who like to play a direct game or simply sit back and counter.

I know absolutely nothing about the Spartak team except that they have Quincy Promes playing for them, and he was supposedly a transfer target for us back in January.

• Upvote 1

Could be a good time to play them , Promes prbably out and their other best striker out along with their skipper , and they are struggling in 8th in the Russian league.

If we could win this it would probably mean another 2 wins would see us qualify. Would be good if we could be through a bit early to use the squad in the last game or two.

Could be a good time to play them , Promes prbably out and their other best striker out along with their skipper , and they are struggling in 8th in the Russian league.

If we could win this it would probably mean another 2 wins would see us qualify. Would be good if we could be through a bit early to use the squad in the last game or two.

Can't happen in reality after the draw with Sevilla, we will want top spot if we can get it to avoid the group winners, can't see us having that cushion with a couple of games left

Word is, the Russian bizzies are more worried about the potential Scouse/Manc kick off, than any sort of home fan instigated trouble. Really!

Gut feel - first time ever scousers and mancs mob up to A. save their souls and B. stop their English brethren getting twatted. (B seems alien)

Their is the C) Drago option - of if he dies, he dies, angle. But i'm a guessing most of the fan bases out there will be of gentlemen of a certain age, so a brave run away and the sound of coconuts clippity clopping in a MPHG comedy retreat, may be the outcome.

Everyone is heading to the Cower and Hide, pub, so the chances that we join forces are low.

Oh ye, we romp a 1-0, they get twatted 1-1. 

Last I heard, spartak werent playing well and have a couple of important players out. Still, it's a long journey there and while Id love 3 points, I'll take take a point now.

9:45 kick off local time, the game will finish around 11:30 there!

They are 4 hours ahead aren't they,so is it an early kick off our time?