You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thanks Brendan

The Maca

well it's what we all wanted but it's still sad when LFC sack a manager.

apparently he had the 2nd best win rate of any LFC manager since the prem started - howevever football started before the premier league so that stat means fuck all to me

Good Luck Brendan

• Upvote 5

The second place was a hell of a ride, and I still think he was a key part in that.

No ill will from me, even if he was starting to get on my tits. He wasn't up to the job.

If he's smart he'll go abroad, learn to work with a small group of players again and stick to whatever system it is he claims to be his philosophy.

As with all former Liverpool managers (bar Hodgson) I wish him well. No personal abuse, just think he'd run out of ideas and needed to start afresh somewhere else. I don't know if he is a good manager or not- will be interesting to see how his career develops elsewhere. Thanks for your efforts Brendan.

We all knew this was coming just the when was in question. I think even Brendan knew it was coming after the lacklustre performances and results.

Speaking for myself, Im not happy to see any Liverpool manager sacked, it is an admission that we arent good enough. One can speculate the reason for that and Im sure many will point the fingure at Rodgers but I just dont buy into that.

This club has been an almost basket case since 1990. Disasterous managerial appointments, stays of execution, poor buys and the wrong mindset have all contributed to where we are now.

I dont buy into the growing urban myth that the oh so near title challenge was down to suarez. It was a team effort and but for toure's gift to the blueshite lardarse at west brom, the collapse at Hull, a defeat to southampton and yes, maybe even an over confident approach to that chelsea game, rodgers would be lauded as a hero and not the zero many now want to label him as.

So, my thanks to rodgers for 2013/14, the football in the last half od the season was simply exhilarating and the best Ive seen at Anfield under any manager for many a year.

But now is the time for us to move on. My great fear is the owners will continue with this experiment and appoint an eddie howe, gary monk or some other lesser manager to fit their strategy.

Im far from convinced we'll get Klopp or Ancelotti but one can always hope.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good luck lad.  You gave it your best, but even with all the cards stacked in your favour, it wasn't quite good enough.  Your persistent chatting and your inability to organise a defence or motivate the team has meant that hands that were once in the bucket ended up doing wanker signs.  Take some time off to reflect, bin the dossier, and come back humbler and wiser. 

Not here though, like.

To be fair to Brendan he came to us never having won anything, with one year’s PL experience, no experience in Europe or at the top end of the transfer market and no experience of putting a team together. He didn't make that up- it was true.

That the results perfectly reflected that CV should come as no surprise.

No top four team will give him a job now because he has won nothing, no aspiring tea willlet him spunk £300m, and no European time will give him a job because of his abject performance in European competition.

Blackpool? Rotherham?

He acted with dignity here and led us in the best league season we have had for a long time.

He wasn't up to it in the end but he tried and did his best.

Good luck to him.

It was the right decision to sack him, just a few months too late though.

• Upvote 2