You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. So?

• Alberto Aquilani
    • Phil Babb
    • Andy Carrol
    • Joe Cole
    • Salif Diao
    • El Hadji-Diouf
    • Paul Ince
    • Christian Poulsen
    • Paul Stewart
    • Other

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Christ looking at that list....

But for me Paul Stewart...at the time of pre big money TV deals etc he was one hell of a lot of wedge relatively speaking...

He was fat...and resembled Benny from Crossroads..

Where is he now?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ looking at that list....

But for me Paul Stewart...at the time of pre big money TV deals etc he was one hell of a lot of wedge relatively speaking...

He was fat...and resembled Benny from Crossroads..

Where is he now?

Paul Stewart was a truly awful player before he even joined us, and when he signed i thought 'why the fuck are we signing him?'

I honestly thought the same when we signed Nigel Clough, not an awful player by any means but nowhere near the standard needed at the time.

I'm pretty sure every big money signing Souness made was utterly crap.

I made a youtube video of Konchesky when he first joined.

Fucking terrific it is. An homage to anger and resentment following Masch's kidnap by Barca and the hopelessness of Hodgson.

I've noticed that Ashley Cole tends to be Hodgson's first choice England left back these days, he's obviously lost Paul's number or something. And his fucking ma, genius transfer, golden days they were.

I don't think Aquilani can be considered a bad player, even now he's making the Italy first team under Prandelli, ahead of Verrati. It is what it is.

Poulson went on to play for Ajax didnt he? Again, bizarre. That said, I think he got a bit of unfair jib.

It has to be Carroll. He set us back 3 years really when you consider how that £35m could have strengthened a team. The timing of it makes it the tragedy that will be retold for generations.

Paying £35m for a slow, lumbering, lazy, technically deficient pisshead based on a few months of good form is not only by far the worst signing in our history, it's arguably the worst signing in the sport's history. When you consider how much more we then spent on the likes of Adam and Downing, presumably to get the best out of Caroll, it only makes the whole ludicrous affair even more tragic.

It's Paul Stewart. 27. Overweight. Shit. I was livid.

Signed for 2.3m, "the current transfer value of Stewart would be in the region of £19 million" LFCHistory.

Liverpool debut: 08.08.1992

Last appearance: 21.11.1993

Debut goal: 19.08.1992

Last goal: 16.09.1992 (one month later)

After his 15 months he left and only spent one more year in the Premiership, in 96-97 for a relegation bound Sunderland.

Edited by Thants

Paying £35m for a slow, lumbering, lazy, technically deficient pisshead based on a few months of good form is not only by far the worst signing in our history, it's arguably the worst signing in the sport's history. When you consider how much more we then spent on the likes of Adam and Downing, presumably to get the best out of Caroll, it only makes the whole ludicrous affair even more tragic.

I used to take the piss out of the mancs and their Veron transfer as the worst ever in English football.

I've stopped doing that now.

Paul Stewart was a truly awful player before he even joined us, and when he signed i thought 'why the fuck are we signing him?'

I honestly thought the same when we signed Nigel Clough, not an awful player by any means but nowhere near the standard needed at the time.

I'm pretty sure every big money signing Souness made was utterly crap.

Mark Wright and Dean Saunders?

• 4 years later...