You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Its not passing for passing's sake. It fucking knackers opponents, and if nothing is on then recycling possession is usually a better option than lumping it into the box.

A decent mobile number 9 with intelligent movement off the ball would make them heaps better. He'll buy one in the summer and ditch Carew on roids.

It's shite.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

I find it strange how if you say 'they need to mix it up a bit more' or 'show more variation' as a criticism of a Guardiola team, people immediately jump to conclusions you're on about hoofing it long.

Case in point- in the second game against United, they only really turned it on after United scored when they ditched that daft formation which congested the middle of the park and actually started playing more directly (that doesn't mean hoofing it or long ball) and got the full backs overlapping, rather than having them like a pair of lemons in the middle of the park congesting things further.

Don't get me wrong, Jairzinho, I'm not saying I'm not a fan of his- I fucking loved his Barca team and genuinely did think they played some unbelievable stuff under him, just I preferred Bayern under Heynckes.

I know they pissed the Bundesliga, but I don't know- I think as a team they're more suited to playing at pace and going direct, whereas, you're pretty much schooled in intricate football at Barca so much it's second nature.

Just my opinion like.

I find it strange how if you say 'they need to mix it up a bit more' or 'show more variation' as a criticism of a Guardiola team, people immediately jump to conclusions you're on about hoofing it long.

Case in point- in the second game against United, they only really turned it on after United scored when they ditched that daft formation which congested the middle of the park and actually started playing more directly (that doesn't mean hoofing it or long ball) and got the full backs overlapping, rather than having them like a pair of lemons in the middle of the park congesting things further.

Part of the reason they're able to go up a gear in the last 15 minutes is because the oppos are fucked. It just seems every time Guardiola's Barca or Bayern have an off day the style gets criticised. Of course it wont work every single game but his 20 trophies or whatever it is in the last 5 years would suggest it is in fact the optimal way to play. Finding it boring is obviously completely subjective.

I also reckon that we've been so spoilt this season and especially the last 11 games that everything else just seems a but rubbish.

• Upvote 1

Both Allardyce and Pulis could have equalled if not bettered what the tactical genius Shitcoat dished up last night and while tonight's game at least produced some attacking intent, how many shots on goal did any of the four goalies have to deal with over the two nights? Despite the billions that have been pumped in, the advertising, the corporate sponsorship, the merchandising, the global revenue streams, is 'the product' any better than it was before the big Sky takeover? My arse is a banjo!

Love watching his teams play. What do you suggest he does instead? Hoof it?

They can't play like us when all their opponents defend on the edge of their 6 yard box.

Sturridge instead of Mandzukic and they'd be 7-0 up by now.

A look at Robben gives you the answer. He continually tried to get down the wing and lash a ball across the box. He failed most of the the time because Real doubled up on him and he got very little support. And Robben just kept doing it for the full 90 minutes.

On the odd occassion he did get something into the box there was only Mandzukic in there marked by at least two players.

Why didn't he try to make his run fifteen yards further in field - maybe it would have pulled the defenders across a little and created a hole for someone overlapping outside? We don't know because they never even tried it.

I thought Bayern were very one dimensional and when it was clear that Real had their Plan A covered they didn't seem to have any other ideas. They couldn't get Ribery into the game at all.

Need to change their name to Bobbins Munich.

• Upvote 2

Can someone explain why they rewarded that snidey cheat Pepe by kicking the ball out of play in the first half?  

Bayern won the ball in a fair challenge where Pepe somehow spun himself around twice in midair, then were bearing down on the box with a man advantage and Robben in space ... and suddenly stopped and kicked the ball out of play because Pepe was still on the ground, despite the referee having ample time to blow up if he thought there was a problem.  Pepe even started to get up, then went back down again when he saw the position they were in, and then of course as soon as it went out he was up playing again.

Mind-boggling.  If a Liverpool player had done that rather than punishing them by sticking the ball in the net I would have gone ballistic.

An utter shitfest those two semi finals were.

Real played like the away side and Bayern seem totally bereft of invention if Robben`s off his game.

Ribery did his big game disappearing act again. And no Gotze or Muller, why?

Give me the Red men, flaws and all any day.

An utter shitfest those two semi finals were.

Real played like the away side and Bayern seem totally bereft of invention if Robben`s off his game.

Ribery did his big game disappearing act again. And no Gotze or Muller, why?

Give me the Red men, flaws and all any day.

If a certain PL team with plastic flag waving supporters make it to the final it will look very very similar. They will play exactly the same way as they did last night and hope to nick it with a lucky counter. They don't have the balls to go toe to toe with either Real or Bayern.

If a certain PL team with plastic flag waving supporters make it to the final it will look very very similar. They will play exactly the same way as they did last night and hope to nick it with a lucky counter. They don't have the balls to go toe to toe with either Real or Bayern.

Indictment of Maureens tactics

Manchester United set to beat Chelsea in £30m deal for Luke Shaw

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/23/manchester-united-beat-chelsea-luke-shaw-transfer-david-moyes

Hopefully not the case, says a lot about modern football if he'd choose a team in 7th with no CL over Chelsea who he has supported all his life.

Lets not forget the bigger picture. The sacking of Moyes may have done us all a favour. Much of the shit at Man Utd wanted out. No look at who wants to stay according to that article

"including Shinji Kagawa, Javier Hernández, Rio Ferdinand, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher and Ashley Young, believe they will be offered a fresh start under Moyes's permanent replacement."

Its like Christmas every day at the moment