You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Ivanovic took Ronaldo out again in the 1st half, then a handbag session between both teams, then Ronaldo scores an insane freekick from the foul. What a twat.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mata with us too obviously, but would doubt Maureen will want to let him go. Has Hazard taken his spot? Not sure how their team works out and the positions of both players.

edit : I see what you mean now after checking their squad. Justin Bieber (Van Ginkel), Hazard, De Bruyne, Oscar for the midfield spots too. Seems crazy that Mata would be struggling to get into the team but it looks possible.

Edited by Red Phoenix

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Looks like Maureen has paid for winding Ronaldo up before the game and that his mind games have backfired. Apparently he was going on about the "real" Ronaldo when he was talking about the other one in the days leading up to this match. How old is he? 5? He must have quite a few issues with Real and/or Ronaldo to resort to that.

Has Moyes won a game yet?

To my knowledge they scraped a draw somewhere in Asia with Zaha getting a last minute goal, and the rest have been defeats. Not that i take too much of an interest in them, but i thought there would be a few mongs questioning the manager already

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Has Moyes won a game yet?

To my knowledge they scraped a draw somewhere in Asia with Zaha getting a last minute goal, and the rest have been defeats. Not that i take too much of an interest in them, but i thought there would be a few mongs questioning the manager already

United's Pre-season: P7 W2 L3 D2. Conceded 13.

Oh. Like i say, they dont even register on my interest radar, so their results pass me by.

Pre-season means fuck all anyway, i fully expect a typical man utd start to the season - play lethargically, concede a few, score a fluky goal or 3. After 4 games i expect 3 wins. As they do.

The end of "Association Football" in Hull (finishing off the work Steve Bruce started, some might argue):

Hull City to be renamed as Hull City Tigers 'to strengthen identity' | Football | theguardian.com

• 'My dislike for the word City is because it is common'

• 109-year old AFC moniker to be removed from crest

The Hull owner Assem Allam has confirmed the club will be formally renamed Hull City Tigers from the start of the new season. The move, which runs the risk of stoking resentment among fans, will do away with the Association Football Club (AFC) moniker which has been part of the Yorkshire club's name since their formation in 1904.

Revealing the move in the Hull Daily Mail, Egyptian-born businessman Allam said: "Hull City is irrelevant.

"My dislike for the word 'City' is because it is common. City is also associated with Leicester, Bristol, Manchester and many other clubs. I don't like being like everyone else. I want the club to be special. It is about identity. City is a lousy identity. Hull City Association Football Club is so long."

Any references to AFC on club branding are to be phased out, although AFC will remain on the shirt crest during their first season back in the Premier League, before being removed from the 2014-15 campaign.

According to the Mail's report, Allam wants to market the club as Hull City Tigers locally and Hull Tigers to national and international audiences.

"In the commercial world, the shorter the name, the better. The more it can spread quickly," said Allam, who took over the Tigers in 2010 following their relegation from the top flight and whose investment is credited with saving the club from a significant financial crisis. I have always used short names in business. It gives you power in the science in marketing. The shorter, the more powerful the message," he said. "In Tigers, we have a really strong brand."

Allam's son and vice-chairman, Ehab Allam, defended the decision to drop AFC from the club's name after 109 years.

"We have dropped the AFC as it is something which has become redundant," he said. "The identity of the club is the Tigers, the stripes, and the colour scheme of amber and black, which remains. We just feel that, now being on the international stage, we need to strengthen the brand identity. AFC is redundant, it is not used by the club, the fans never mention AFC, nor do the media. We have dropped something that is redundant, that is of no value, and is of no use."

However, Ehab Allam admitted the club could not force people to accept the rebrand. "People have the right to call the club what they like, it's their club," he said. "We are not going to fans and saying they all have to refer to us in the same way. They call it what they like, we will do the same, but it is for commercial reasons that we are choosing this branding."

The managing director, Nick Thompson, meanwhile, sought to quell supporter upset over the change by urging them "to judge it in the fullness of time".

Bernard Noble of the Hull City Official Supporters' Club admitted he was not entirely happy with the rebranding but nevertheless expressed support for Allam. My personal opinion is I'm disappointed because I'm a bit of a traditionalist," he told BBC Radio 5 Live. "But this guy saved us from liquidation and administration and it's his club.

"I will still say 'I'm going to watch City', 'I'm going to watch the Tigers', 'I'm going to watch Hull'. I will still say that and so will many other people. As far as Hull City Tigers is concerned, the fans – the 25,000 people who will be there for the first home game against Norwich – they'll say 'I'm off down to watch City'. There will be disappointment there but I think we will realise that going into the Premier League we want to be a bit different, and he wants to be that bit different to get the business up and running.

"He's a very, very successful businessman."

Oh. Like i say, they dont even register on my interest radar, so their results pass me by.

Pre-season means fuck all anyway, i fully expect a typical man utd start to the season - play lethargically, concede a few, score a fluky goal or 3. After 4 games i expect 3 wins. As they do.

your right of course with pre-season generally meaning fuck all, however I do remember prior to the 09/10 season (our first of the recent piles of shit) thinking we'd be in for a long hard season after that match where Espanyol battered us

Scum's game tonight wasn't too dissimilar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's just as well for Moyes that you don't have to win anything to be a winner.

That whole thing is just brilliant.

If this is true i can see the Arsenal fans going mental.A free agent and a 18 year old french kid and no Suarez,Higuian or Bernard

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 1m

Arsenal is close to sign Marica, rumanian forward free agent previously at Schalke, as from his agent's words: "He should sign next week"