You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just remember Ajax signed Suarez from Gronigen a few years ago he didn't cost the world either

hope your a star Oussama!

Exactly.

How many times have we seen this post: "Our scouts should be bringing in these players from smaller clubs for 5 million rather than waiting for them to go to Ajax or Napoli and then costing us 20 million."

Now we've done exactly that, which seems to me to be good business. Certainly little risk involved, and if he comes and is a decent squad player for us it will look brilliant.

He's certainly highly rated in Holland. Players leaving clubs like Heerenveen are always cheap. If he was doing the business for Ajax, you'd be chatting 15m at least.

Low risk, big reward. I like this signing. About time the scouts actually done something other than watch match of the day.

marshall.gif

You... you... You posted something positive!

3million not much of a risk hope he he proves to be a bargain hyypia 2.5 million springs to mind as already mentioned we bought downing 12 months ago for 20 million and people said we had overpaid. you cant win either way but for me rodgers seems to have got better players in for the money he,s spent compared to last summer,s disater signings.although the proff will be in when it starts on saturday i cant wait.

Ok... I'm not getting this...

People are having a problem that we haven't spent enough for him? He's on the last year of his contract, and we got a brilliant deal... and people are upset?

What. The. Fucking. Fuck?

Are you really surprised though Lance?

Really?

Because I'm not.

The percentage of window-licking jamooks on this forum seems to increase exponentially season on season.

Yea seems that way. I just don't get the modern "fan".

Right bunch of pubic hairs on here at times.

I'd prefer if we spent 15 million on 5 3million players in the hope that 1 comes good rather than 20 on the likes of downing.

I was a bit surprised. Everyone was bitching about how we are mugs, and always overspend, so we get an absolute bargain... because a 30k a week player, for 2.3m pounds, with loads of pace, ability to beat a player, and works hard... and young! was just added.

But now, because he has no profile, and doesn't have a huge price tag/wages... people seem angry.

I suppose you're right. I shouldn't be surprised.

It's the Internet tho,honestly I have never met anyone in real life who get on like that

You obviously meet idiots but at least they get enjoyment out of supporting the club and fair fucks to them but I don't think I've ever met the ones you have described at a match or in a bar or anything.

The Internet is weird.

People would jizz in their pants if we spent 20mils on him, now that we got a bargain he is not good enough. haha

Messi on bosman and people would whine "yeah but utd bought iniesta for 40mils on his last year"

Indeed. Newcastle unearth relative unknown and untried players with potential; for low fees.....this forum goes into meltdown and we say "Why the fuck can't we do that?" We then go and do just what Newcastle did, cue further meltdown as we complain that we're not signing £24 m players like Utd. Make your fucking minds up!!

Exactly.

How many times have we seen this post: "Our scouts should be bringing in these players from smaller clubs for 5 million rather than waiting for them to go to Ajax or Napoli and then costing us 20 million."

Now we've done exactly that, which seems to me to be good business. Certainly little risk involved, and if he comes and is a decent squad player for us it will look brilliant.

Yesterday people were moaning that Newcastle pick up relatively unknown quality on the cheap.

Today people are moaning that Liverpool appear to be doing the same.

Lads, you do realise that only two people on this thread have said anything negative about this signing, don't you? One of whom is generally regarded as a bit of a mentalist, while the other made his first post on this site less than three hours ago.

As for people needing to make their minds up, maybe nobody has complained about both things. Maybe they are being said by different people. Just a thought.

Made up with this and I've no idea who he is.

Only cost 3m, runs fast, does stepovers, has shit hair, looks a right knob. About time we signed someone like this.

He's going to score four absolute worldies this year and get sent off for diving at least once.

What we've needed for far too long.

Lads, you do realise that only two people on this thread have said anything negative about this signing, don't you? One of whom is generally regarded as a bit of a mentalist, while the other made his first post on this site less than three hours ago.

As for people needing to make their minds up, maybe nobody has complained about both things. Maybe they are being said by different people. Just a thought.

Still blew me away, though.