You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The '2012 London Olympics' Thread

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Been amazing. Makes you realise what spoiled twats most f***y players are.

I really hope the BBC start showing more of the sports. I've enjoyed watching stuff like volleyball and archery. This could be their chance to step out of Sky's shadow, even if it's just a little bit.

They won't though, because once the re-runs and follow ups have been shown and the BBC has rinsed every last viewer out of the footage the country will stop caring again for another 4 years (maybe a slight increase come the world championships until people realise it's not as big and not as fun when it's not in our backyard).

Sure there'll be claims that this is a bright new future but like the ashes in 2005 or every wimbledon ever participation will go up for a little while then dwindle as people realise it's either too bloody expensive, the facilities aren't available or the football is on.

Pet Shop boys dressed as basically an S&M fantasy KKK. OK, didn't see that coming.

What next, is Prince Harry going to get his Nazi uniform out again?

Also, if that wasn't the sound system I am now a better singer than Suggs. Tragic.

Guest Pistonbroke
Nothing. Just half these people cant sing live including Suggs!

Suggs was awful, but he is getting on and at least tried without miming.

Been amazing. Makes you realise what spoiled twats most f***y players are.

I really hope the BBC start showing more of the sports. I've enjoyed watching stuff like volleyball and archery. This could be their chance to step out of Sky's shadow, even if it's just a little bit.

My Olympic legacy that. I mean I knew it anyway, Christ we all do, it's just that a lot of the time we're not even choosing to ignore it, we just don't have anything that shifts it into focus in the way that the last two weeks have.

HAHAHa hang on. The BBC (or the broadcasters if it's not their feed) aren't taking the audio from the mixing desk here are they, it's mics in the stadium for the whole thing. What the actual fuck. No wonder it sounds fucking hellish.

Wow this is dire. Ray Davies sounds way better than this still and the music is terribly thin.

Guest Pistonbroke
It's going to be such a comedown going back to watching thick, overrated, self-obsessed, overpaid, millionaire f***ballers after this. I really hope some of our license money starts going on coverage of quality minority sports.

Don't we all, even though i don't pay anything towards the UK license.