You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The '2012 London Olympics' Thread

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Shed that stern, short-haired Edinburgh reserve and get a bit of Hanoverian loopiness about you, my good woman!

Do you not fancy doing the Lambeth walk with us later, Oi..!!???

Or better still...

Sadly won't get on here much tonight

I don't want to watch the closing ceremony! Gonna feel like the 2nd January tomorrow, and it is going to be a long week.

It has been an amazing two weeks, and hopefully a socially significant two weeks as well, it could very well ruin Scottish Independance which is great for Labour and the Libs and great for the country, it has highlighted our pride in being British and destroyed the myth that Immigrants don't feel British, it has demonstrated our love for the NHS which has fucked the Tories, it has proved that winning is nothing to be ashamed of and that there are genuine role models for our children, role models who espouse hard work, dedication and ambition who prove there is more to life than celebrity and riches. As a rule I don't feel English but these past two weeks I have been proud to be British.

And so, so many women who I would absolutely ruin!

I can actually hear "God Save the Queen" playing under your post, "Ronnie".

Especially, the last sentence.

(Although perhaps it might flip to the Pistols version for that.)

Back from Italy today, and fucking hell what a difference in the coverage! Of course with the games being based in London you'd expect massive coverage in the UK, and in other countries you'd expect them to focus on their own competitors, but the Italians were so obviously deficient in the sports that actually matter, that Rai TV were reduced to showing clips of their fencing champion and talk about their 50km walking medal hope who got banned for testing positive. The Wifi out there is also quite shit so I've missed what looks like a stunning week of sport. Yes you want to get away from it all but it would be nice to keep up with it in some way at least.

Been amazing. Makes you realise what spoiled twats most f***y players are.

I really hope the BBC start showing more of the sports. I've enjoyed watching stuff like volleyball and archery. This could be their chance to step out of Sky's shadow, even if it's just a little bit.

Guest Pistonbroke
In that Telegraph article that was posted earlier by Phoenix, it said all the performers get a nominal £1 for appearing.

Cheers mate, good work if you can get it eh.