You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Surely it's time these two were put out to pasture.

Hansen just sits there stretching and yawning and thinking about golf, offers pretty much nothing beyone the obvious points. Lawrenson's commentary is a disgrace as is his 'punditry'.

I've seen people coasting in jobs in the past, but fucking hell this pair take it to new levels. They really are sucking that public tit.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not watched much analysis in the tournement but I think Hanson is usually by far the best of a bad bunch on MOTD, Lawros so crap and plainly doesn't give a fuck that its funny

pissed me off making out that we wanted rid of Alonso when we sold him though

I think Hansen's punditry has been a bit of a myth to be honest, he's been bland for at least the last 10 years after at first becoming a parody of himself, and now as I say just states the obvious and remains pretty inoffensive, certainly offers no real insight. He just presents as a man who's bored with it but needs to keep earning.

Lawro has been poor for years, actually has he ever been good?

Sky, albeit forced, dismissed Gray, the era of mid 80's players cant have long, hence the slow introduction of Dixon, Keown and Shearer, with Redknapp and ratface on sky.

Sadly Hansen & Lawro almost get mentioned as a pair. Al should have a word with Lawro and tell him to get a grip.

The commentary has been awful it was class to have the option to listen to only the crowd via the red button,would love sky to do that for the league matches.

Someone on here i think was saying about a trick you can do putting headphones half way into the jack on your tv and you can only hear the crowd

Says it all when you feel the need to hack your tv to enjoy a football match.Cunts

Totally agree - Lawrenson is absolutely appalling - painfully unfunny and parrots every clicheed predictable line going. Hansen just bland beyond belief - contributes nothing of value. Dread to think what that pair are being paid.

Hansen was on £1.5m a year last season (which is equal to 40k for every MOTD episode). Ludicrous considering some of the ridiculous stuff he comes out with, like claiming he'd only acknowledge Balotelli was a good player when he scored 10 PL hattricks.

I turned the sound off after the Alonso 'chat' Lawrenson and Wilson had, just watched in silence. My enjoyment of the game improved massively. Why ,it's it come to that though? Stupid, offensive, xenophobic, shallow, chatterbox cunts who have never heard the phrase 'less is more'.

On another tangent, I love Gianluca Vialli, I think he's a clever lad and could listen to him talk about footy all day.

Lawrensen said something during commentary which made me and my mate just look at each other speechless. I think there was about 10 seconds of silence and he just said something like 'el football' or something, just something totally baffling and naff.

Hansen's analysis especially on defensive work is very good, and i enjoy his style.

Lawrenson on the other hand............. Every sentence is a cliche, think he is actually turning into a parody of himself. Its bloody drivel half the time and sounds like he does'nt want to be there.

The only saving grace is he isnt Burley, Bright or Keown

The commentary has been awful it was class to have the option to listen to only the crowd via the red button,would love sky to do that for the league matches.

I think they did do that years ago when all the red button digital stuff started. They had a player cam and camera views from the ends of the pitch rather than the side.

From what I remember it was quite a strange experience at first as because you are watching on TV you sort of expect commentary over the action.