You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like what? The Carling Cup?

That seems like an odd statement to make, you appear to be saying that the "Carling Cup" is the limit of what we can expect to win with Rodgers yet just a couple of hours ago you were telling us all that you were going to give it some time before you made up your mind as you were "Always right".

So you've made your mind up have you?

I think we have made a fucking brilliant decision in hiring Brendan Rodgers, the only thing I am not happy with is that he doesn't has as broad a northern Irish accent as Ian Paisley. Could you imagine the press conference's with that accent, no one dare give him shit!

Like what? The Carling Cup?

I cant tell at the moment if you're being serious or not? What's with you at the moment gaylord?

What about the Brendan kinship?

I dont expect a trophy next season, I really dont care for it right now. This club should be ALL about the league title and getting closer and closer to it, and then fucking winning it.

I'd love a good run in the FA Cup, or Europa League, its a bonus, but the Carling Cup isn't something I expect our manager to prioritise over anything else.

Good times are around the corner, we've stole a march on our rivals with appointing this bloke, he's going to be so massive at this club.

I hope the first thing he does is sit Gerrard down and tell him he's fighting for his place in the first team. I dont want a new manager having the millstone of Gerrard and the 'what is his perfect position' bollocks, around his neck. It's not fair, and he's not good enough to warrant this debate every fucking year.

Build us a team Brendan, and do it YOUR way, don't listen to the traditionalists, they'll never be satisfied, never. Make your own history.

Liked a lot of what he said.

Hope his praise for Carra is just out of respect. He was past it two years ago.

Maybe, but then again in the right system Carra could be ok. But methinks once he gets a load of Skrtel, Agger and Coates in training then he might think very differently. Wisdom and Coady are maturing every day as well, perhaps he'll promote a few lads this Summer.

He came across as very confident, very assured and looks like he is a great communicator, but doesn't stand for any shite. Very impressive unlike Hodgson who looked like he was out on day release.

I watched the Swansea/Arsenal game last season and thought why can't we play like that? well now we can and as for LVG or Capello coming here I really don't believe they were interested once they found out there wasn't a big sack of money available for transfers after Kenny spunked it all the likes of Adam, Downing and Carroll.

He plays a high pressing, attacking, quick tempo, pass and move style of football, what's not to like about that?

I hope he gets off to a good start, i'm feeling quietly confident and just a little bit excited about the new season

Welcome to Anfield Brendan it's not gonna be an easy job and there are gonna be some unpopular decisions to be made over the coming weeks and months.

For us as a fanbase i think its important to get behind the man and give him the time and support that is going to be needed if he is to take us back where we need to be,so whether you wanted Rafa or Mike fucking Bassett as the new manager is irrelevant we have Brendan Rodgers so lets be supporters and actually support the clubs decision.

He came across as very confident, very assured and looks like he is a great communicator, but doesn't stand for any shite. Very impressive unlike Hodgson who looked like he was out on day release.

I watched the Swansea/Arsenal game last season and thought why can't we play like that? well now we can and as for LVG or Capello coming here I really don't believe they were interested once they found out there wasn't a big sack of money available for transfers after Kenny spunked it all the likes of Adam, Downing and Carroll.

He plays a high pressing, attacking, quick tempo, pass and move style of football, what's not to like about that?

I hope he gets off to a good start, i'm feeling quietly confident and just a little bit excited about the new season

I agree with all of that.

Kenny, and therefore the team, had got to the stage where they were picking the games they performed in, and the ones they did not. Rodgers I think will reinstill the Liverpool tradition that you play each game as if it could be your last if you don't do enough.

Edited by xerxes

If its not been said already just glad that the new Communications Director didnt have anything to do with the production of the presser

"Production"?

I assumed that it had been broadcast via the Tea Lady's mobile phone.

That's the thing about Tom Werner, a hugely successful TV producer and media owner - you won't find him settling for second best.................

Louis Van Gaal, AVB, Fabio Capello and Rafael Benitez were certainly interested. Any selection process that overlooks better qualified managers is flawed, when that process then discards its own self-imposed reasons for overlooking those managers it becomes farcical and stupid. I see no reason not to point that out.

A smaller point, but I agree with Silverlining that it is utterly meaningless how he comes across in press conferences.

The way football has evolved/changed in the last decade (largely, not for the better) its absolutely vital our manager can come across well in a press conference. Mourinho is the King of it and has built a slightly exaggerated reputation through his handling of the press, which helps motivate his teams.

We threw up some proper circus events last year and some of our press conferences were cringeworthy at best.

Like it or not, its a key skill in succesful football mangement these days.

Of all the things that have been going on at the club over the last few weeks this is the LAST thing I expected the news conference to be about.

On a serious note the transfer window certainly might get interesting after the Euros have finished.

Nearly three hours of coverage now. Next up - Brendan at Melwood, checking out his new office chair.

I had a moment of reflection on Kenny and wishing he could have been given the opportunity to change things. But now, just hoping that when the fixtures are announced that I'll get more excited about the new manager.

A smaller point, but I agree with Silverlining that it is utterly meaningless how he comes across in press conferences.

I disagree.

Invariably a manager's manner at Pressers is little different from the dressing room.

Kenny, on his return, was positive, optimistic and relaxed - results and performances reflected that.

As last season wore on he became withdrawn, tetchy, defensive and confused - results and performances reflected that.

It really is very difficult to switch how you are on and off, and to fake it, without looking ridiculous - see Steve Kean.

I disagree.

Invariably a manager's manner at Pressers is little different from the dressing room.

Kenny, on his return, was positive, optimistic and relaxed - results and performances reflected that.

As last season wore on he became withdrawn, tetchy, defensive and confused - results and performances reflected that.

It really is very difficult to switch how you are on and off, and to fake it, without looking ridiculous - see Steve Kean.

Indeed sir:"Examples lead us and we shall surely see, such as the prince is, so shall his people be" or something like that. Machiavelli I think.

I cant tell at the moment if you're being serious or not? What's with you at the moment gaylord?

What about the Brendan kinship?

I dont expect a trophy next season, I really dont care for it right now. This club should be ALL about the league title and getting closer and closer to it, and then fucking winning it.

I'd love a good run in the FA Cup, or Europa League, its a bonus, but the Carling Cup isn't something I expect our manager to prioritise over anything else.

Good times are around the corner, we've stole a march on our rivals with appointing this bloke, he's going to be so massive at this club.

I hope the first thing he does is sit Gerrard down and tell him he's fighting for his place in the first team. I dont want a new manager having the millstone of Gerrard and the 'what is his perfect position' bollocks, around his neck. It's not fair, and he's not good enough to warrant this debate every fucking year.

Build us a team Brendan, and do it YOUR way, don't listen to the traditionalists, they'll never be satisfied, never. Make your own history.

This comment is bang on.

Gerrard should not be guaranteed a place in the first 11 never mind Captaincy. Yes he is one of/ the best player we have, on his day. Sadly his day just isn't every week. The Legend is simply not 100% fit and only hope he bins England before Woy dumps him.

Stole a march on rivals, lets hope so.

I hope one day soon, perhaps May '14 or '15 you can post that again (told you so style).

This comment is bang on.

Gerrard should not be guaranteed a place in the first 11 never mind Captaincy. Yes he is one of/ the best player we have, on his day. Sadly his day just isn't every week. The Legend is simply not 100% fit and only hope he bins England before Woy dumps him.

Stole a march on rivals, lets hope so.

I hope one day soon, perhaps May '14 or '15 you can post that again (told you so style).

Understand what you're saying, but lets be realistic of course he will be captain. Why wouldn't he still be captain? There's no way he'll be stripped of it and nor should he be.

What the fuck is wrong with the official site? A new manager and the first interview isn't even free? Can't they just let us have that at least? The first interview with a new manager should always be free.

It's their club, not your club, unless you hand over your cash.

Understand what you're saying, but lets be realistic of course he will be captain. Why wouldn't he still be captain? There's no way he'll be stripped of it and nor should he be.

Every player should fight for his place. Our captain should lead, motivate and stand up for his team-mates every game.

Can you honestly say you expect Gerrard to play 38 PL games next season?

It's their club, not your club, unless you hand over your cash.

Hahah! Yeah well they should really just change that one thing at least. New manager : first interview free. If there's anyone from the offal reading this, please get it sorted.

Also if I do have cash I'm renewing my season ticket here, not spending it there.