You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Solanke, Ings, Ward = £50m plus. Hoever’s part in the Jota payment plan? 
We all know money has come in whatever your thoughts on spending are.

Aren't our transfers done in instalments nowadays? For instance Jota is 40 million at 10 million per season I read somewhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’d been broadly supportive of the ownership until a year or so ago, but they’ve pissed away most of the goodwill. I’m also sick of fans saying “ooohh, we only spend what comes in and the wage bill is big!” as though it’s perfectly normal for any club, let alone one of the biggest in the world, to have a negative net-spend over several years, LET ALONE during a period of huge success.

It’s fucking weird and absolutely not conducive to maintaining a spot at the top table. Another thing I hear is that “Klopp likes a smallish squad” which, if true, is fine, but if he likes one that remains in stasis and ages together to the point of impotency, then perhaps it was never going to work out long-term after the CL and title win. I struggle to believe he’s happy with the tools he’s been given since winning the title. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 10

39 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’d been broadly supportive of the ownership until a year or so ago, but they’ve pissed away most of the goodwill. I’m also sick of fans saying “ooohh, we only spend what comes in and the wage bill is big!” as though it’s perfectly normal for any club, let alone one of the biggest in the world, to have a negative net-spend over several years, LET ALONE during a period of huge success.

It’s fucking weird and absolutely not conducive to maintaining a spot at the top table. Another thing I hear is that “Klopp likes a smallish squad” which, if true, is fine, but if he likes one that remains in stasis and ages together to the point of impotency, then perhaps it was never going to work out long-term after the CL and title win. I struggle to believe he’s happy with the tools he’s been given since winning the title. 

I think klopp quite likes a challenge. He's not stupid and knows if we bought good players it would increase our chances of winning. But I sense he's not against the idea of trying to be brilliant despite the boardroom contribution. 

Anyone else thinking things are going sour over this mo business or lack of? Said it all seeing Jurgen sat down in the second half, he gave up don't blame him. If fsg don't sort it out with mo then we might lose Klopp too. The lampshade and couch scenario again. Cunts. 

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think klopp quite likes a challenge. He's not stupid and knows if we bought good players it would increase our chances of winning. But I sense he's not against the idea of trying to be brilliant despite the boardroom contribution. 

Thankfully for us! He definitely seems to be a glass half full type of bloke. 

We are the late Wenger version of Arsenal. Happy to get top 4 and anything else is a bonus. Heck just being in the PL brings in a shit load of money. There's literally no reason to splash the cash until it becomes really necessary.

And I for one minute don't believe that Klopp is at odds with the scenario. He's got enough credit for the turnaround in our fortunes to go out and demand players but it doesn't happen and even when we have done they're left on the subs bench for underperforming players. Tsimikas and Robertson for example.

25 minutes ago, skend04 said:

And I for one minute don't believe that Klopp is at odds with the scenario. He's got enough credit for the turnaround in our fortunes to go out and demand players but it doesn't happen and even when we have done they're left on the subs bench for underperforming players. Tsimikas and Robertson for example.

In which case loyalty would be his Achilles’ heel; the thing that means he falls short of the likes of Ferguson and, for all the monetary privilege, Guardiola. *If* that’s the case, I think it’s a real shame because it means he’s blown an amazing chance win a fair bit more than he has.

Personally, I’m not convinced he’s happy with it, and just isn’t the sort of person to play hardball with his bosses, but I might be wrong.

I don't think Klopp will extend his tenure. I think he's serious about taking a break and I think he may want a fresh start in a different league afterwards. can't blame him for that.

The post-Klopp landscape will be interesting. With the current levels of investment in the team we'll be trying to scrap for third/fourth along with Utd, Spurs and Arsenal. Worst case scenario is that Howe keeps the Barcodes up and they start to do a City. Best case scenario is Howe fucks it up and the Saudi's go all in on Inter, while Newcastle becomes a portfolio club to buy players and loan them to Inter.

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

With the current levels of investment in the team we'll be trying to scrap for third/fourth along with Utd, Spurs and Arsenal.

That is very optimistic, even if Newcastle crash and burn. I’ll be thrilled if we can keep up with the likes of Aston Villa and Leicester while spending like Huddersfield.

He are the really good players we have

Alisson, Kelleher*Alexander-Arnold. Van Dijk. Matip. Konate* Robertson. Tsimikas* Fabinho. Mane. Jota. Salah.* debatable depending on your take.

Squad players taking into account age, injuries, transfers and current ability

Gomez*. Philips. Williams.N. Thiago* Henderson* Milner. Jones. Elliot* Keita. Chamberlain.

Minamino. Origi. * Again depending on personal take. Apologies if I missed anyone.

We all know where we need players, 3 of them minimum. Will we get them in the next few windows, without selling Salah and any others we want to keep or be able to move the dross? Something is going to give for good or bad. Summer will be crucial and I’m not expecting much. Hope I’m proved spectacularly wrong eating a huge slice of humble pie and wiping egg off my face for days.

29 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I am no longer angry just resigned to the situation that we don't buy players and top 4 with minimum outlay is the sole ambition of the owners.

They're going to get a rude awakening when Klopp fucks off then.

Watch us spend a fortune when we get another no mark in like Rodgers.