You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We're fucked. FSG are cunts. Having to bring a defender out of retirement & an obviously well past it Robbie Fowler to play a pre season friendly just shows how desperate we are.

All to do with wage bill cutting.

3-4 years I think is more likely. You don't have to like them but personally I still think they're much better owners than G&H. If they do leave at some point I suspect the club structurally will be in much better shape, whether that will be reflected in our league position is another matter.

This is based on actual information and documents.

Owners are preparing the club for sale.

A few things to do first, as you would if you were selling your home in order to make it appeal before opening the auction.

This should take no more than 12 months, then a few months for the sale process, hence my 18 month timeframe.

A few things to do first, as you would if you were selling your home in order to make it appeal before opening the auction.

This should take no more than 12 months, then a few months for the sale process, hence my 18 month timeframe.

Secret documents?

I'm intrigued. Any clandestine info you can let slip?

and the rest of us wish we could say the say for you and the rest of the FSG on line appreciation society.

Ah - so you admit that you only come on to post the negatively slanted stuff?

It appears to "our side" that NOTHING is right or works or is good enough in your eyes. It's just perspective - for some of you guys, it's either the sky is falling or everything is shit no matter what it is.

You are tiresome. This is our club that you are trashing every day.

To what "actual" information and documents do you refer?

We were bought as an investment, as such, we are always up for sale fi a sfficiently attractive price is offered. But that is quite different from being put up for sale, which I do not believe is, or is about, to happen. Why would it? There is no need for mass liquidation by FSG members. the inevestment is ticking along nicely and the opportunity cost is minimal with little stateside involvement.

To what "actual" information and documents do you refer?

We were bought as an investment, as such, we are always up for sale fi a sfficiently attractive price is offered. But that is quite different from being put up for sale, which I do not believe is, or is about, to happen. Why would it? There is no need for mass liquidation by FSG members. the inevestment is ticking along nicely and the opportunity cost is minimal with little stateside involvement.

sadly I agree. Lower cost increase revenue then flip us.

sadly I agree. Lower cost increase revenue then flip us.

To FSG, and to be fair, any other bunch of yanks, LFC are no different to a development of 3 bed condos on the upper east side.

There's NO emotion.

FSG are probably the best yank owners we could have attracted.

Under the current regime, Rodgers can continue to do good work, (remains to be seen) but every time we unearth a nugget, that nugget will eventually be sold. We then return to square one. And repeat.

I await our new, minted, Arabian overlords.

A quantum leap is needed. See Man City.

Its not alchemy and managerial nous.

Its possible that all the new TV money et al, will keep them interested for a good while yet, unfortunately.

All You Need Is Cash.

To FSG' date=' and to be fair, any other bunch of yanks, LFC are no different to a development of 3 bed condos on the upper east side.

There's NO emotion.

Under the current regime, Rodgers can continue to do good work, (remains to be seen) but every time we unearth a nugget, that nugget will eventually be sold. We then return to square one. And repeat.

Its possible that all the new TV money et al, will keep them interested for a good while yet, unfortunately.

All You Need Is Cash.[/quote']

To be honest I'd have expected them to check out the condo's more than they have us.

To FSG, and to be fair, any other bunch of yanks, LFC are no different to a development of 3 bed condos on the upper east side.

There's NO emotion.

All You Need Is Cash.

It's not as bleak as that. FSG aren't looking to make money from the club. They are looking to make money by selling access to the fans of the club. Their strategy is bigger, monetizing asia. Not just player trading like Arsenal.

If Rodgers can get the team performing to the levels you would expect given the level of investment, then the wash, rinse, repeat on players is entirely avoidable. But strides need to be made, baby steps will see us institutionalized out of the top 4.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Come on, he clearly meant they're not looking to make a return from the everyday running of the club. At least in the short term, that's clearly the plan. Investment first means putting something in, which is what they're doing. The way they'll make money isn't by cutting a few quid from the wage bill, it's from building the club up to its potential and then selling it. It's the only real way to make a significant return on investment.

Come on, he clearly meant they're not looking to make a return from the everyday running of the club. At least in the short term, that's clearly the plan. Investment first means putting something in, which is what they're doing. The way they'll make money isn't by cutting a few quid from the wage bill, it's from building the club up to its potential and then selling it. It's the only real way to make a significant return on investment.

Coro claimed "FSG aren't looking to make money from the club." He was wrong.

I have no problem with the club being run for profit, we won't win anything, but neither will we disappear into the abyss of Administration.

In order to "build the club up" money needs to be spent on a new or redeveloped stadium. They have eschewed the former option, and have shown little progress in the latter.

I believe that the motivation of purchasewas not to invest significantly, but to run the club well and take windfall profits. They have succeeded in that by and large.

What FSG have actually "put in" subsequent to acquisition,and those terms, is unclear. the debt currently stands at around £90m.

it appears from the last accounts that some tens of millions of pounds were injected into the club. By whom, over what period, and on what terms is unknown.

I don't think that FSG are looking for a significant uplift in value by means of net investment, that is counter to their "risk averse" mantra, Seth Klarman would not allow it. Modest windfall growth in value is enough for them- but will not be enough for us fans.