You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Guest Numero Veinticinco
"we're here to win" is the easiest sound-byte in football.

Of course they are, they just want to do it without a stadium or investment. I'm sure every other owner in world football would like the same thing, but lifes a shithouse.

If you don't move forward, you're going backwards, and that's what we're doing. Whether anyone admits it or not.

No we're not, whether you admit it or not.

Jesus, Xerx - it's not really that long ago since Liverpool fans were campaigning against the corrupt prick who went to City.

There is a world of difference between owners who don't have the money and load the club with debt (Pompey/Leeds) G&H, and those that do, Shinawatra, Abrahamovic and arguably Mansour, but where the morals of how they came to that money are in question ( Mansour Civil Rights).

Written on a phone?

Wouldn't any decent journo use a pad and pen or a dictaphone?

Or make it up?

It's real isn't it, maybe the Norgies on here can confirm.

Liverpool-eier lover å vinne igjen - Fotball

Anyway good to hear that Rodgers has to achieve something this season, I was worried that they were happy for him to be our David Moyes, although they should have supported him better in the window. That is assuming he isn't full of empty shitty soundbites and playing to the gallery...

Then again maybe it was Rodgers choice not to strengthen the midfield and use what little money there was on a gk and Alberto. I'm sure Alberto will be good in time but it is wrong to expect anything of such an inexperienced player and is he that much better than Suso. Even if Mignolet is good is he 9million better than Reina, money that could have been used elsewhere in the team.

Even if Mignolet is good is he 9million better than Reina, money that could have been used elsewhere in the team.

To be fair, we are saving £60k a week, that is £9m in wages if he goes permanently ( spooky eh?) by swapping Reina for our Belgian keeper. Shrewd business.

Can any team afford a £110k a week keeper in seventh place and out of Europe? Will we finish lower because of Mignolet? I don't think so.

I am critical of several aspects of FSG's management, but not this.

If the players dont want to sign or the player is just using our interest to get a better deal out of his existing club, what do you want us to do, sign anyone then complain we're buying quantity not quality?

We've no european football to attract the top tier players and those just beneath. To many players at clubs not in europe, we dont appear to be that 'step up' they want. The 'we are Liverpool' doesnt appear to hold much water to them.

While I'd welcome some big name players signing right now, I'd rather we didnt just sign anyone to satisfy the negative net spend argument.

How can spurs still attract top players without champions league football, there's good players out there we are just not signing any! The league starts next and the only improvement in first eleven is Aspas on Downing who in fairness I would be better than Downing.

This is the job for Rodgers and his scouts I wouldn't have minded wanyama or caulker, signings like Michu.

I wonder how many of these players are turning us down because of our manager, I like Rodgers, but the likes if Costa and Mkhitaryan do they even know who he is??

This a transcript from Henry didnt see it posted from a couple of days ago, Henry gave in Oslo, sounds like he is expecting big things from Rodgers...

High expectations eh.

BRUSOXyCUAA-HdC.jpg

He's not fulfilling that promise without spending a lot of his money on the team. Something he's said they won't do, which is fair enough. Just don't expect to compete with Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd with minimal investment.

Run any of these clubs close one and they'll go and blow £100m on a few players.

AVB outguns Rodgers. London is more attractive to foreign players than Merseyside. Spurs are in the EL. That's three reasons.

It's pretty debatable, Spurs probably have the edge in the transfer market at the moment. Equally in Spurs illustrious history they've competed in the CL precisely once, I'm really not sure how much value there is in the EL given the fact that Spurs didn't really bother with it last season and our manager didn't actually want us to qualify for it this season apparently? It seems CL or bust.

We're a club that has won far more than Spurs over the last few years and over our entire respective histories, we have a bigger turnover, a bigger support, in fact we're a bigger club on any measurable scale.

AVB is probably a bigger attraction and London is an advantage. However I'd suggest that if we wanted to we could be competing with Spurs in the transfer market.

We're not competing with Spurs for bigger name players because since Kenny departed FSG have begun to adopt the self-financing model they've wanted. Time will tell if it's just a road to a long term decline. Personally I've little doubt it is.

It's real isn't it' date=' maybe the Norgies on here can confirm.

Liverpool-eier lover å vinne igjen - Fotball

Anyway good to hear that Rodgers has to achieve something this season, I was worried that they were happy for him to be our David Moyes, although they should have supported him better in the window. That is assuming he isn't full of empty shitty soundbites and playing to the gallery...

Then again maybe it was Rodgers choice not to strengthen the midfield and use what little money there was on a gk and Alberto. I'm sure Alberto will be good in time but it is wrong to expect anything of such an inexperienced player and is he that much better than Suso. Even if Mignolet is good is he 9million better than Reina, money that could have been used elsewhere in the team.

Pepe wanted to go. So we covered our arses. It backfired on Pepe, not our problem.

I see yourself and a lot of others are saying we haven't strengthened the midfield which I agree with but there is a lot of writing off of the players we have brought in. Just because they are not household names. Which is wrong in my opinion as the majority will not have seen them play before.

Going back to the midfield, we need a beast on the middle and somebody who is an upgrade on Lucas (who I love by the way just think he is a very good squad player rather than that midfielder we need) I just don't think that the type of player we need is available for less than stupid money.

I am happy to a point with our transfer activity this summer, both in and out. However the midifeld still needs strengthening and a centre back with Skrtel going out and hopefully Papadopalopadous comes in. If that doesn't happen, then I would keep Skrtel till the replacement is found.

How can spurs still attract top players without champions league football' date=' there's good players out there we are just not signing any! The league starts next and the only improvement in first eleven is Aspas on Downing who in fairness I would be better than Downing.

This is the job for Rodgers and his scouts I wouldn't have minded wanyama or caulker, signings like Michu.

I wonder how many of these players are turning us down because of our manager, I like Rodgers, but the likes if Costa and Mkhitaryan do they even know who he is??[/quote']

We have signed players.

Wanyama is shit.

Caulker not so.

Michu is the type of player we have been looking to sign. And we potentially have in Aspas and Alberto.

Pepe wanted to go. So we covered our arses. It backfired on Pepe, not our problem.

I see yourself and a lot of others are saying we haven't strengthened the midfield which I agree with but there is a lot of writing off of the players we have brought in. Just because they are not household names. Which is wrong in my opinion as the majority will not have seen them play before.

Going back to the midfield, we need a beast on the middle and somebody who is an upgrade on Lucas (who I love by the way just think he is a very good squad player rather than that midfielder we need) I just don't think that the type of player we need is available for less than stupid money.

I am happy to a point with our transfer activity this summer, both in and out. However the midifeld still needs strengthening and a centre back with Skrtel going out and hopefully Papadopalopadous comes in. If that doesn't happen, then I would keep Skrtel till the replacement is found.

Diame ? at West ham maybe as part of the alleged Downing deal, A player who I've only seen 5 or 6 times is the young French lad Geoffrey Kondogbia at Seville he looks a class act still only 20 as well reminds me of a Viera in his heyday would probably cost Joe Allan kind of money tho.

Diame ? at West ham maybe as part of the alleged Downing deal, A player who I've only seen 5 or 6 times is the young French lad Geoffrey Kondogbia at Seville he looks a class act still only 20 as well reminds me of a Viera in his heyday would probably cost Joe Allan kind of money tho.

Him and Pogba were brilliant in the U'20 world cup recently. Think Kondogbia might already be beyond our reach.

I haven't written off any players, I wont be judging any of our players against the Aussie backpackers and the Thai farmers or whichever nobodies we have played. I think Pepe seems to have a good deal on loan to a c/l team with a top manager and gets to play with his gk coach and to top it off we pay a part of his wages then he gets to possibly end up at Barca, doesn't sound like it backfired for him does it!. I bet Luis would love for something similar to happen and it backfire on him to a c/l team in Spain or elsewhere.

Would you have preferred to use that 9million to buy another player for midfield, maybe that would have been wiser. Instead of buying Alberto, should we have put that towards buying Eriksen or a slightly more experienced player. Hopefully it won't matter and we have a stronger squad at the end but looking unlikely at the moment.

These days, virtually anyone of exceptional talent over the age of 16/17 is told to stay put and wait for one of the top 4/5 sides in Europe to come calling. It's why Eriksen thought he'd be best served biding his time in Holland.

It's also why all the fantasy manager talk of fans knowing how great Mata, Silva, Hazard etc were years ago, and why didn't we buy them instead of Downing, is dumb. All the top scouts will already know which youngsters are destined for big things and the players themselves will have been informed they're being monitored by the elite.

Sadly, the best shot most non CL clubs have of getting such players now is by almost advertising themselves as a stepping stone, happy to accept 2/3 years service in exchange for being a platform for their talent.

Guest San Don
How can spurs still attract top players without champions league football, there's good players out there we are just not signing any! The league starts next and the only improvement in first eleven is Aspas on Downing who in fairness I would be better than Downing.

I wonder how many of these players are turning us down because of our manager, I like Rodgers, but the likes if Costa and Mkhitaryan do they even know who he is??

Are spurs attracting top players? Sure they just signed that soldado or whatever, I think it's debateable. But the likely cause is London is more metropolitan than Liverpool.

As regards manager, I dont think villas boas is a bigger name than rodgers just yet when you weigh the respective clubs up.

Are spurs attracting top players? Sure they just signed that soldado or whatever, I think it's debateable. But the likely cause is London is more metropolitan than Liverpool.

As regards manager, I dont think villas boas is a bigger name than rodgers just yet when you weigh the respective clubs up.

He won four trophies in one season including Europa league. He took Porto through a whole season undefeated.

His managerial record is games played 177 won 102 drawn 40 lost 35.

His record is pretty good.

what a ridiculous statement, (London is more attractive to foreign players than merseyside)what the fuck are you basing this on?

I'm afraid that if you do not already acknowledge the appeal that London offers as one of the great international cities of the world over Merseyside to young millionaires then there is nothing I can do to help you.

I dont think villas boas is a bigger name than rodgers

Villas Boas led Porto to an undefeated 2010-2011 season in Primeira Liga, winning four trophies and becoming the youngest manager ever to win a European title in the process.

Rodgers has two years non-descript PL experience behind him and has won nothing.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion...........