You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CARLING CUP FINAL

The Chef

Guest Pistonbroke

I give up with our internet fans....it's all about them and their opinions becoming true instead of the club. if we were ever relegated we would lose half of our fans overnight!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic Sponge: "It doesn't matter that we won today."

*celebration/party stops. shocked, sudden silence ensues*

"The fact that Henderson put in a poor performance, over shadows the whole game."

*a lone glass, smashes the floor*

"Throw in the fact that Carroll wasn't as much as an influence as he's started to show recently,..."

*silence broken, murmers*

"...that's enough to make the supporters amongst us with extra chromosomes, go mental."

mental supporters gain extra chromosome and proclaim:"it's enough"

*celebration/party resumes, leaving the chromatic supporters to mentafalate over henderson and carroll

Not the greatest performance, despite the vast domination in possession and chance created, but, who give a fuck? We've just won our first trophy in 6 years. A platform to go on to bigger and better things.

It's good to have that feeling back. I'm in such a good mood that I'm off to bed to have naughty dreams about Linda Pizzuti's red leather gloves!

Great entertainment. His Dirkness finally gets his winning medal. FANTASTIC !!! Not a lot between the two sides really, and Cardiff can hold their heads high - they are Premier League worthy based on that performance. Dirk did enough in 15 mins to get MOTM for me, but Downing looked and was impressive. Stevie has lost his shooting boots, and I hope Agger is not badly injured, because Jamie at CB does not inspire me when our wing backs are tearing up the flanks.

*S*I*L*V*E*R*W*A*R*E* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please lets have an FA CUP winning medal for Dirk, effectively shortcutting us into Europe.

What a fucking awesome day, trains aside.

That was my first trip to Wembley and I hope I'm back again in April and May. To all the negative fuckers..........WHO GIVES A FUCK HOW WE PLAYED! Loads of teams down the years have spawned it when it comes to winning. Alls I'm bothered about is that we're bringing back the League Cup to Anfield once again and hopefully it kick starts another trophy glut.

Years from now, the record books will say Cardiff City 2-2 Liverpool* *Liverpool won 3-2 on penalties.

It won't say Liverpool were spawny bastards and Henderson was crap and we looked shit and Andy Carroll was a piss pot.

WE HAVE WON A MAJOR DOMESTIC HONOUR! 59 TROPHIES THIS CLUB HAS NOW WON AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE MANNER OF OUR VICTORIES THEN JOG ON ELSEWHERE. THERE'S NO ROOM FOR YOU HERE!

Downing repaid the faith in the manager and everyone who wanted him to start today.

Great to win a trophy, we didn't play brilliantly but the result is all that counts, so pleased for Kenny and the club. Kuyt again showed why he is such a valuable player.

Carroll was OK, Suarez dangerous in flashes, Johnson and Skrtel our best players after MOM Downing

Only real downside was the pathetic Horrenderson

You really are such a fucking prick and it's a damning indictment of this form that you are one of the most popular posters.

What a day...

We can never do finals the easy way can we.

I finished my night shift at half 7 Sunday morning and sped to my brothers to drop the car off. Bacon roll and 4 tins for breakfast, taxi to Temple Meads and we're on the train to London surrounded by Cardiff fans. The group plan of no colours and minimal celebrations (our tickets were in the Cardiff end) went out the window when Lawrence turned up in his Hitachi kit singing FOAR.

The Cardiff fans were ok with us to start with and just gave us a load of stick about the rugby, a few beers later and the piss taking really kicked in and everyone had a good laugh until we reached London.

I really don't want to mention this but how can I not? As we come out of Paddington we see two old boys in Cardiff shirts getting shit off a couple of scallies trying to nab their tickets. We went over and 'had a word', a few bits of shoving later and eventually some coppers showed up, they wanted to arrest everyone but the old boys were great and insisted we did nothing but stop the cunts nicking their tickets.

The old boys insisted on buying the 3 of us a pint so we went for a quick drink (why does no where in London sell cider?), wished them all the best and followed the crowd. We had quite a few in one pub but getting served was taking ages so we moved on and ended up doing a pub crawl to the ground.

As we get to the ground we have to split from the reds we had been drinking with and head to the Cardiff end. As we are getting in Lawrence gets pulled for wearing his kit and the stewards are insisting his ticket is a forge. Lots of arguing later we are all allowed in the ground.

The game is just as I expected it, nothing easy about it at all. Bar a couple of twats the Cardiff fans were great with us and a credit to their club. We win on penalties, have a laugh with the Cardiff fans then after the trophy is presented head outside and find a pub to have a few beers to wait for the crowds to die down.

Few hours and far too many beers later all I want to do is sleep, we finally get on our train and I pass out as soon as we get some seats.

My brother and Lawrence had taken the piss all day knowing I'd fall asleep on the train on the way back and kept saying they'd leave me on it when we got back to Bristol. As it was all 3 of us were woken up at the end of the line in Swansea, I had an excuse, the other two cunts didn't.

A quick phone call to a mate who lives in Swansea and beds and floors are sorted for the night, he then comes out to join us and we ended up in the shittiest strip club you could imagine. The 3am pigs with beer googles we've all done looked like Kelly Brook to these.

However the locals were great to us, loved the fact Cardiff lost and we had a fucking great night out with more beer, free cava we were meant to pay for and share with the dancers and one of us ended up getting sticky fingers off a moose (not me!)

Just back to Bristol now and my bed is calling me, after I have a pint of decent cider to stop the hangover getting any worse of course.

Kenny, sun, Wembley and silverware, my first ever final and I can't stop fucking grinning

Sat in Covent Garden having a bevy now, train back up to Liverpool tomorrow.

It really doesn't matter how we got there yesterday. All that matters is we did it. We are back winning trophies again, back in the habit. We've waited long enough and been to hell and back over the past few years. The club is on the way back up, we need to be patient but we are going in the right direction. Kenny isn't stupid, he knows we still have plenty of work to do and yesterday is just the first step. Let's just enjoy it.

Can't say too much about the penalties as I couldn't watch them! The minute the equaliser went in I left, walked the long way back to the pub to meet my parents. I just assumed they would win! I am usually with my mates at the match but for various reasons I was on my own and had nobody to calm me down and hold me back.

The record says we won and in the end that is all that matters regarding the cup.

But, when the same problems that have held us back all season are key in a cup final, I was getting more and more annoyed and wound up. In the end I was just glad it was over, I was more relieved than ecstatic. Birmingham, Milan, Chelsea, West Ham I stayed and wasn't bothered, but couldn't face them yesterday, don't know why!