You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA cup 3rd round, Oldham(h)

LFC 6 Times

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five Live: "Fourth official was informed that a racist comment was made by a spectator"

Can somebody find this prick and break his legs?

For fucks sake.

Find him and ban his ass from future games.

This is the last thing we need but not too surprised it happened. All of a sudden, every comment made will be over annalysed.

Cant be held responsible for every comment shouted at every player from our so-called fans.

Guest ShoePiss
Just looked on the offfal and Adeyemi has a red card next to his name, something happened after the final whistle ?

Think they've just got it wrong, he was booked in the game.

This is the last thing we need but not to surprised it happened. All of a sudden, every comment made will be over annalysed.

Cant be held responsible for every comment shouted at every player from our so-called fans.

Well one thing is for sure, unlike suarez/evra plenty of people around them would have heard what has been said, so the truth should come out somewhere.

If they have been shouting racist stuff they should be named and shamed, banned for life and prosecuted, absolute last thing the club needs.

dom_campbell Dominic Campbell

Rumours suggesting that a coin was thrown at Adeyemi, with three fans in the kop being taken for questioning by the police

Liverpool new racism row: Fan arrested on suspicion of abusing black Oldham player Tom Adeyemi - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Liverpool have been thrust into another race hate row, after a fan was arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.

The incident occurred towards the end of the FA Cup tie, when a fan screamed abuse at the young full back, and visibly upset, he turned to confront the man.

Adeyemi was visibly upset, and seemed to be in tears. Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard moved across to the corner of the ground where the incident occurred, and comforted the 20 year old.

Eye witnesses saw two fans wearing Luis Suarez t-shirts, and heard one of them clearly shout "You f***ing black b***ard".

Police immediately moved in to restrain the two suspects, and later confirmed arrests had been made

The fucking Mirror..

This is the last thing we need but not too surprised it happened. All of a sudden, every comment made will be over annalysed.

The media spin will be we the club brought it on themselves by supporting Suarez instead of condemning him. FA will getting the black caps ( can i say that ?) out already.

Of course we aren't racist! Of course we don't condone racism!

But that's exactly what cunts like Ollie Holt will be pointing to to rationalise this.

Already read some people claiming along the lines of "Liverpool and Kenny should take a long hard look at themselves, this is their doing."

Livid.

NickParrottBBC Nick Parrott

@

@TonyBarretTimes No fan was ejected following Adeyemi incident. I spoke to fans nearby who claim "Manc bastard" was the only thing shouted.

There were black and Asian fans near the fan who hurled abuse at #Adeyemi, I didn't see them react to the fan. #LFC stewards didn't react

@

@MirrorFootball you're lying - I was near the incident!

At least if the police have got aq grip of the fuckwits that did this the FA can't stick its nose in. Hopefully a strong condemnation by the club and a life ban will deflect most of the critsism. Problem as I see it is that they were wearing Suarez T shirts and the assoaciation will surely be made. What a fucking stupid idea and hostage to fortune they were in retrospect

@

@TonyBarretTimes No fan was ejected following Adeyemi incident. I spoke to fans nearby who claim "Manc bastard" was the only thing shouted.

There were black and Asian fans near the fan who hurled abuse at #Adeyemi, I didn't see them react to the fan. #LFC stewards didn't react

@

@MirrorFootball you're lying - I was near the incident!

Very fucking interesting.

If they have absolutely made this up (I didn't even consider this, hence my rage. I cannot believe even a hack would do that) then they are in deep fucking trouble.

It hasn't gone to print but thankfully we have a print-screen of the back cover if they do recall the story, plus the online version on their website.

Nah, nobody is out to get us though, we're just delusional cunts surely...

Guest Pistonbroke

Racism has just become another form of hatred, most people are to thick to comprehend their own words. It will never be eradicated as long as mankind roams the earth. As an Englishman with an Indian mother i had to put up with enough crap in the 60's and 70's. But racism is strong in every colour and creed and some of the most racist feckers i have encountered in my life have not been white. The fact the press and the media jump on the anti racism bandwagon makes my skin crawl, half those bastards are racist themselves, but hey up, it sells fucking papers and makes bigots feel good about themselves. if people just laughed it off as the load of bollocks it is then it wouldn't disappear, but it wouldn't be as big of a problem than many make it out to be. The PC World is fucked and will never ever be free of racism.

P.S. Evra is a fucking snidy cry baby French cunt!!! Suppose that is racism in itself and most would agree with me.

Football is getting ridiculous.

If we keep on talking about racsim etc more than football, I might pack it all in.

About the game....

Thought we were really poor the first 20-30 minutes, up until they scored. We couldn't get out of our half, they were pressing well and we looked nervous at the back - Coates, Carragher and Reina being the most shakey.

But that goal seemed to up our game and we than were keeping the ball better and more importantly played the game in their half rather than our own.

Thought Bellamy was the stand out player - I love that guy. He was a threat wherever used - wide left, wide right and central. Maybe he could be the answer to our striker problems? Who knows, but it would be nice to see him have a game central with Suarez roaming behind.

Thought Shelvey did well, given he was mostlky used right midfield, a position that is not his best. Kelly was impressive, as always and Gerrard showed glimpses of quality - although I think he was in second gear most of the match.

Great finish by Carroll, which was an instinctive shot, but then a few moments later he misses a sitter - what a strange player. The goal will help though, as will the one for Downing.

A win is a win and we're in the next round. Just a shame we'll be talking about potential racism and other issues, rather than football. Sad times.

But the footie was erm - well it had a good outcome.

TFTS - I think racism is the original form of hatred.

If something happened this is an opportunity for the club to make a firm public stand and denounce "real" racism while emphasizing that the Suarez debacle was far from it. It would allow us to make both points as emphatically as we can in the media, if nothing of the sort happened - well it might be tin foil hat time.

Edit - I guess he is not TFTS any more.