You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Embarrassing post from a poster who is not at all interested in Liverpool FC except to vindicate his own (frequently misguided) opinions, to increase his own conceit, and to propagate his own internet persona - which bizarrely revolves around attacking anyone and everyone who disagrees with him and being obsessed with Lucas. You manic narcissist.

And if you're going to take yourself as seriously as you do, get your fucking toys back in the pram you hysterical fanny.

Bump this excellent post from an excellent forum member. The complete opposite of the original poster who could bring tears to a glass eye.

I stopped reading at "Henderson has never been good at anything"... considering he's one of the best passers of the football in England, and United's long term plans included him.

Not being funny but you haven't got a clue what Utds long term plans are/were. If they wanted him they would have came in for him like they did with Jones.

I actually like him but I think Kenny is killing him by playing him on the right because he offers fuck all there

Not being funny but you haven't got a clue what Utds long term plans are/were. If they wanted him they would have came in for him like they did with Jones.

I actually like him but I think Kenny is killing him by playing him on the right because he offers fuck all there

Whiskey nose has been giving him media praise a few times since he started to make first team appearances for Sunderland... and going to watch him play, etc.

I think it was a major coup to steal him away. His quality on the ball is evident all the time. The one touch clever passing, and awareness to do so...

• 2 months later...
Jesus christ, stop talking bollocks. Kenny's future at the club will be hanging in the balance if we fail to qualify for the CL.

So, "my original harsh facts" to one side, what is the consensus now?

We're seventh.

We have drawn SEVEN home games to the likes of Swansea, Blackburn, Norwich, Stoke. Saturday was another in a long list of turgid, gutless, creatively arid non-displays, and a very very weird team selection that nobody thought would work apart from the people involved in sleecting it.

We have one of the worst scoring records in the league (24) and we have largely wasted £80m, with Carroll, Downing and Henderson doing nothing yet again, Adam in a downturn, and our best available players are over 30.

Worryingly, the worst facets of Kenny's managerial style (latter days at Liverpool and Newcastle) appear to be coming to the fore: cautious, defensive and seemingly answering every single tactical question in the same way: play loads of defenders.

It's certain that Kenny's well-earned status is to a large extent protecting him from a higher level of voiced disatisfaction, but what will the owners think? Will they act if we do finish in a similar position to the worst finish we had under Benitez (who was working at a club where civil war had broken out and had no money)?

I doubt it, and would personally give Kenny at least one more season, but some questions have to be asked, and some lessons learned.

We're still not a very good side.

The money spent was enough to get a CL place not a EL place. If you think for one second that Kenny will feel he achieved his objectives and is satisfied with a EL place then you are deluded. Sure some fans last season were arguing against EL this season as we needed to focus.There are too many deluded twats on this site. Unfortunately I may be one of them sometimes but certainly not now.

If Kenny doesn't get 4th then he has failed and I expect him to be the man he is and walk.

Hmmm. Really?

We're seventh.

We have drawn SEVEN home games to the likes of Swansea, Blackburn, Norwich, Stoke. Saturday was another in a long list of turgid, gutless, creatively arid non-displays, and a very very weird team selection that nobody thought would work apart from the people involved in sleecting it.

We have one of the worst scoring records in the league (24) and we have largely wasted £80m, with Carroll, Downing and Henderson doing nothing yet again, Adam in a downturn, and our best available players are over 30.

Worryingly, the worst facets of Kenny's managerial style (latter days at Liverpool and Newcastle) appear to be coming to the fore: cautious, defensive and seemingly answering every single tactical question in the same way: play loads of defenders.

It's certain that Kenny's well-earned status is to a large extent protecting him from a higher level of voiced disatisfaction, but what will the owners think? Will they act if we do finish in a similar position to the worst finish we had under Benitez (who was working at a club where civil war had broken out and had no money)?

I doubt it, and would personally give Kenny at least one more season, but some questions have to be asked, and some lessons learned.

We needed a massive spend last summer to get anywhere near where we needed to be, even a massive spend wouldn't gurantee top 4.

Spunking virtually all of it on dross or a prospect not yet needed has set alarm bells ringing for me and not helped.

I'm still fully behind Kenny but he is not above criticism.

We're seventh.

I think that's absolutely spot on, it's a long long time since the 1980s when Kenny played free flowing attacking football.

I've got a lot of friends who are Newcastle fans and they hate Kenny they think he took Keegan's attacking side and turned them in to a turgid boring defensive outfit selling their best players and making some horrific purchases and his Blackburn team was functional rather than a footballing team with 2 big men up front.

At the time they told me it would all end badly but I was just so glad to get rid of Hodgson that I took no notice after all they are Geordies so what the fuck do they know about football!

If FSG get rid of Kenny we are going to have problems again getting rid of our deadwood, it's easier to push the likes of Poulson and Konchesky out the door but as Aquillani has proved expensive flops are another story, who is going to pay for the likes of Carroll or Downing.

Maybe when Suarez comes back and if we buy another striker in January things will be different, isn't eternal optimism and blind faith what keeps football fans coming back for more

You are nearly right with that last line

without Suarez we still not a very good side

I do have a sense of foreboding - the last 18 months of Kenny's first stint were worrying for me. As a team, I thought we were already on the decline well before he left. I really hope he can turn this around. We won't do it without personnel changes though.

Agreed. Some very strange tactical decisions, odd line-ups, bizarre results and weird transfers.

And there were similar things at Newcastle.

Don't think we need a clearout. What we do need though is for FSG to dip into their pockets again and stump up 1 or 2 quality attacking players.

I know we've spent a lot, no doubt about that. But we've recouped a decent bit too since they arrived. Some have argued they might be hesitant to dip into their pockets because of the past Summer's dealings.

But I don't think the Summer was an absolute disaster. Just underwhelming and unspectacular more than anything. It did enough to make us solid which is no bad thing. But it didn't do enough to make us threatening in any real form.

We just need money to bring in quality. Now, where I'd throw in a caveat would be we probably need to change our transfer strategy a bit. Last year we looked at players to make us a more solid team all round. Now we need to look at flair, creativity, skill, pace and most of all goals. No point buying anyone unless they can contribute in that respect. And no more buying players on half a season of decent form unless they really look world class.

We're seventh.

a lot of what you said is spot apart from listing off how we performed for most of the home games which was a pretty harsh assesment. The majority of home games we battered teams for most of the match Norwich in particular it just showed our lack of ability to score. It's only since the second half against City and the Stoke match i'd have serious issues over the tactics and performance up until those games we have been pretty good but toothless.

I do have a sense of foreboding - the last 18 months of Kenny's first stint were worrying for me. As a team, I thought we were already on the decline well before he left. I really hope he can turn this around. We won't do it without personnel changes though.

The worry for me is that we've done huge business both in and out in the last twelve months and we're still struggling to stay in the race for fourth.

I could see why FSG might be reluctant to blindly provide more funds to Kenny and Comolli when there are major questions over the value we've gotten so far.

The worry for me is that we've done huge business both in and out in the last twelve months and we're still struggling to stay in the race for fourth.

I could see why FSG might be reluctant to blindly provide more funds to Kenny and Comolli when there are major questions over the value we've gotten so far.

Yeah its hard not to face that reality, but at some point they'll have to release funds(if there are any)

What I mean to say, they can't realistically say well lets give Kenny 2 years with what hes got and see how he gets on.

They'll have to at some point either make a decision to trust Kenny and Commolli or not. And I just don't see how they can't at least give them another roll of the dice come the summer.

I don't think fsg should be reluctant if they have bought a club with ambition they should know every window is an opportunity. You don't buy a club spend in two windows and sit back and think jobs done. If they have concerns with how the money has been spent then they need to talk to Commoli and Kenny for reassurance. If Kenny is happy with the squad then he's just being stubborn for the detriment of the club becaus sits clear we are lacking. Our goals scored is a disgrace.