You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SpiderLucas
Ooh I want a go.

1) You're probably correct. We've still got the 6th best team in the league, like last year. The most pleasing element of our transfers was the shit we got rid off. Squad possibly a bit deeper, not convinced the first team is any better. But we're still in with a shout as there is only one exceptional side in the league.

2) Its not great. But there is no need for us to be playing with two central midfielders. Its generally not something any good teams do, and it certainly doesn't suit our squad. You rate Adam, but not Lucas. Me, the other way round.

3) Suarez, Coates and Enrique cost about £35m between them. Brilliant business. Bellamy was a good signing, I'm hoping we start to play him. The rest, at best, the jury is still out. Our buy British policy has its limitations. Mainly that the British players that would be/were available to us (not at our rivals) aren't very good.

4) For whom? Henderson? Spearing? They're worse players. I know you're utterly obsessed with Lucas, to the point of Code levels of mental, but he's quite good. Even just okay, if you prefer. We need, and will, play a holding midfielder. Gerrard is going to play further forward, Lucas is the next best holding midfielder. So he'll play.

5) I have absolutely no idea what Henderson does. He appears to just run around a lot. Although he's probably a better CM than RM, I feel we'd do even worse if he was playing CM in a 4-4-2 next to Adam. That would be one of the worst central midfield partnerships in the country.

6) I don't think so. Barcelona don't have one. Neither do Real Madrid. United? Not really. City play with two holding, so although De Jong and Toure are the imposing type of players you're referring to, its more to do with their formation and style of football that allows them to dominate games. For e.g, we'd improve if Lucas and Spearing sat, did all the dirty work, and let the front four do the sexy stuff. Unfortunately the front four, apart from Suarez, have been rubbish.

7) This is the most worrying aspect of the season for me. Towards the end of last year we were playing as a team, you could see a clear style of football, and it was working. Now it seems if Suarez doesn't produce, we don't. Maxi, Kuyt and Bellamy should be playing more.

8) Correct. Not sure what it indicates though.

It’s quite annoying how accurate that entire post is, well except on Henderson. Henderson is amazing, Henderson as a central midfielder in a midfield three would be truly exceptional.

We really do have two of the best central midfield prospects at our club, both Shelvey and Henderson are already better than the likes of Adam and will both progress to be up there with anything throughout Europe.

Why do managers persist with certain things when every man and his dog knows it doesn't work. The definition of madness is repeating the same thing and expecting different results. 442 is dogshit moreso if you don't have the players. Henderson is crap on the right and lucas and Adam in midfield are constantly over ran, we see evidence of this almost every time and it's not changing.

We won't finish top 4 as this team is too flimsy you take Suarez out and it's damn near poor.

Because fans - despite what they think - Generally don't have a scooby about managing a football team.

They think they do, they believe they do but in actual fact thy just end up shouting things like "you don't know what you're doing" at managers who've been in the game for years, after that manager has made a couple of substitutes that actually turn a game around completely showing - within the very same game - that actually the managers do know what they're doing.

Because fans - despite what they think - Generally don't have a scooby about managing a football team.

They think they do, they believe they do but in actual fact thy just end up shouting things like "you don't know what you're doing" at managers who've been in the game for years, after that manager has made a couple of substitutes that actually turn a game around completely showing - within the very same game - that actually the managers do know what they're doing.

I dont any of us live under the illusion that we could do better jobs. Apart from maybe Code.

But I think alot of people lately have been seeing things which simply cannot be denied. This isn't me having a pop at Kenny. Just pointing out the obvious. Just as an example, everyone can see Jordan Henderson is like a headless chicken at right wing.

Now doesn't matter if your Kenny Dalglish or Joe Soap from down the street, you can see thats true. Where the difference lies is, Kenny probably wants to keep trying Jordan there so he will gain experience and improve. Whereas, us being impatient are going ballistic that he keeps starting there.

I understand Kennys logic and deep down I support it, but it doesn't make it any easier when you seen how bad Hendersons been . I find myself torn between wanting to support the poor lad whos probably half scared shitless and also struggling not to scream blue murder at him.

It’s quite annoying how accurate that entire post is, well except on Henderson. Henderson is amazing, Henderson as a central midfielder in a midfield three would be truly exceptional.

We really do have two of the best central midfield prospects at our club, both Shelvey and Henderson are already better than the likes of Adam and will both progress to be up there with anything throughout Europe.

ricky_gervais150.jpg

Shelvey at centre mid?

Guest SpiderLucas
Are you ACTUALLY schizophrenic? It's a serious question.

I have no mental disorders what so ever, I’m just right most of the time. Like now.

If most people can see something is wrong, then it usually is. Substitutions are a matter of opinion even if they don’t work that doesn’t mean they couldn’t possibly have worked.

The system we are playing isn’t working, that isn’t an opinion. The results are proving it’s a fact, people are missing the fact we were outplayed by a Swansea team who have had 1 away point all season at Anfield.

Outplayed, by Swansea, at Anfield.

If most people can see something is wrong, then it usually is. Substitutions are a matter of opinion even if they don’t work that doesn’t mean they couldn’t possibly have worked.

The system we are playing isn’t working, that isn’t an opinion. The results are proving it’s a fact, people are missing the fact we were outplayed by a Swansea team who have had 1 away point all season at Anfield.

Not strictly true. If the system wasn't working we'd be fucked and probably in the bottom half of the table.

It has worked in terms of getting results thus far and keeping us in the hunt. We've played some great free flowing stuff at times and been very solid throughout despite having a few dodgy defensive moments.

There are obvious problems with it in my opinion, that need fixing, but to say it isn't working just isn't true. Its working but it could probably just work a bit better.

People are saying the squad is'nt good enough, it is. In fact we’ve easily got the 4th best squad in the Premier League, what’s is the system and players Kenny picks week in week out.

This is the problem with Liverpool fans. You really overrate your squad. Of the top 6 you have the weakest staring 11 and squad. Once you accept the likes of Henderson, carol and adam is nowhere near as good as you think…..things will make more sense for you. The likes of rosicky, benayoun, park and arshavin are bench players for us. Someone like chamberlain don’t even make the squad. And we already have diaby, wilshere and sagna out for a while

Guest SpiderLucas
Anyone who copies Balotelli's cock hat, is over the age of 10, isn't a Man City fan and in some way thinks it makes him look anything other than a complete helmet isn't worth listening to anyway.

Just my thoughts.

I saw somebody with my exact same hat on yesterday at the game, I was rather gutted.

Judging solely on looks, I’d say he was none of the above.

Abs, all your players want to be somewhere else, that's just a fact. Rosicky can't even be arsed looking to see if you've conceded or not when he's walking away from the wall, and Van Persie is playing for a move. An arsenal fan telling Liverpool fans they overrate their squad is laughable, seeing as you've managed to irritate the entire football world by making out you're some kind of English Barcelona, when in actual fact you win fuck all year after year.

This is the problem with Liverpool fans. You really overrate your squad. Of the top 6 you have the weakest staring 11 and squad. Once you accept the likes of Henderson, carol and adam is nowhere near as good as you think…..things will make more sense for you. The likes of rosicky, benayoun, park and arshavin are bench players for us. Someone like chamberlain don’t even make the squad. And we already have diaby, wilshere and sagna out for a while

What looks like sage advice actually comes across as patronising and condescending from a fan of a rival team. Be honest, that was your intention, wasn't it?

Another thought is that the system is *working* -- for the players we have. But that's a system with rather low ceiling.

Abs, all your players want to be somewhere else, that's just a fact. Rosicky can't even be arsed looking to see if you've conceded or not when he's walking away from the wall, and Van Persie is playing for a move. An arsenal fan telling Liverpool fans they overrate their squad is laughable, seeing as you've managed to irritate the entire football world by making out you're some kind of English Barcelona, when in actual fact you win fuck all year after year.

I wouldnt even bother.

Anyone who gets a kick out of posting on numerous fans forums day after day should be sectioned.

What looks like sage advice actually comes across as patronising and condescending from a fan of a rival team. Be honest, that was your intention, wasn't it?

Absolutely not. Im just saying you guys are overrating some average players. If another team paid 35 million for Caroll, you would be laughing your socks off. Its not just about the goals or him being there 1 season. Its about how average his overall play has looked. You cant keep blind eye on how poor he has looked and just say he’s 22 and for the future. 35 million is not for the future. It’s the fee for a world class player

Guest SpiderLucas
Absolutely not. Im just saying you guys are overrating some average players. If another team paid 35 million for Caroll, you would be laughing your socks off. Its not just about the goals or him being there 1 season. Its about how average his overall play has looked. You cant keep blind eye on how poor he has looked and just say he’s 22 and for the future. 35 million is not for the future. It’s the fee for a world class player

Forgetting the fact he’s an Arsenal fan and shouldn’t really be on this forum, he’s talking sense.