You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just because he leaked government secrets doesn't mean he isn't a rapist. He looks like a rapist. I have an eye for these things. That said, if it was a swedish bird he raped, he should be jailed just because swedish birds will happily fuck you if you just ask them. If you have to rape one, you're a weirdo, and weirdos belog in jail.

• Upvote 1

Just because he leaked government secrets doesn't mean he isn't a rapist. He looks like a rapist. I have an eye for these things. That said, if it was a swedish bird he raped, he should be jailed just because swedish birds will happily fuck you if you just ask them. If you have to rape one, you're a weirdo, and weirdos belog in jail.

is it actual rape he is being done for, is there not some funny law over there about not using a condom during sex is deemed a type of rape.(although i could be talking absolute shite).

Jesus fucking christ if I hear one more thing about this, who's arsed, he never swung his bat a few times when he should of, dropped a couple of balls, you are not going to make it a more interesting sport no matter what you do, just let it fucking go people.

Spot on. If it wasn't Michael Jackson no-one would even be talking about it.

Jesus fucking christ if I hear one more thing about this, who's arsed, he never swung his bat a few times when he should of, dropped a couple of balls, you are not going to make it a more interesting sport no matter what you do, just let it fucking go people.

Got to agree with this. We're going round and round in circles now.

Deserves a Rep but i'm out. Beefy might disagree with ya though

Had occasion to look up the phrase 'smug cunt' in a dictionary the other day & it just had a picture of Julian Assange, so I'm not getting too het up at this point.

to be fair theres' a lot of smug cunts around, but not all of them have made a mug of the US military-intelligence complex. that's why he's in trouble. we're not exactly talking about a useless smug cunt like James May here. this fella has probably been a part of an event of quite historical significance, it's not unreasonable for him to believe that, let him have a smug moment or too. that's really not a issue here.

he is a bit of a self publicist, he is a bit self important, most public figures of some importance are. whistleblowers, dissidents, rebels, iconoclasts not many are are shrinking violets and not all agreeable characters. (and some of Assange's public behaviour is quite understandable when you consider his public profile is probably his greatest defense against ending up in a secret court in Virginia) he's not a hero of mine, he might be if i had more but i respect what he's done though, i can see how some people see him as a hero but the antipathy towards him is frankly a bit simple, the rape allegations obviously muddle things, and he doesn't wash that often apparently but as things stand, without being charged, this guy is basically a political prisoner.

Fucks sake. Not everything is a conspiracy theory, you know. Sometimes people will simply be sleazebags.

i wasn't suggesting any conspiracy theory. he's pissed off the American military, been broadly accused of espionage. It's well documented they want to 'talk' to him. on military and intelligence matters Sweden and the USA are very very close. he's not been charged with a crime, it's only a small amount of speculation to suggest if he goes over there, he might get handed over to the US authorities. In this rape case it's possible he may not get a fair trial, based solely on the proceedings in the case so far - either way, he understandably has a lot to worry about.