You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guardiola praises LFC academy

scous3r

Guardiola is quoted as telling Catalan radio "la academia del Liverpool es la unica que puede competirle a "La Masia" del Barcelona FC."

" the academy of the Liverpool is the only one that can compare to La Masia of Barcelona FC."

Also goes on to say “If they can manage those lads, then maybe 20 star players can arrive from that academy.”

High praise indeed. Well done to Rafa, Segura, Rodolfo, McParland and Kenny.

Future sure does look bright....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, bodes well!

Certainly does. Just wish some of our supporters would wake up and realise that there is something special happening with the club at the moment.

Pep knows it, the Mancs know it, the blueshite know it and Kenny/FSG know it.

To many short sighted fans wanting the quick win. Lets buy Aguero/Messi/Van basten type of shite. Yes it would be lovely but we're in it for the long haul.

Not to long ago we were looking down the barrel of administration

Let pull together, enjoy it. We're coming up the hill boys

The plot thickens in the light of this being true..

Liverpool are set to poach rising star Jeffren from Barcelona.

The Bolivian-born forward has been on the fringes of the first-team at the Champions League winners but has failed to oust Lionel Messi, David Villa and Pedro.

The Anfield giants, havign enjoyed a major reawakening since Kenny Dalglish replaced Roy Hodgson, are now in prime position to add the youngster to their attack, despite his focus being on the upcoming European U21 Championship where he is representing his adopted Spain.

"I do not think about that [transfer talk] now. I'm here and I am thinking about what we're doing [with Spain]," he said.

"The truth is that when teams like Liverpool are mentioned I am proud of their interest and we'll see what it does to me."

Source: TalkSport

Pity its from talksport

How does Guardiola have knowledge of our academy?

I find it completely off topic for him to say, unless our academy is currently playing against theirs or something.

Possibly the two guys that are currently running ours came from Barca and this new euro league for kids was asked of him in an interview?

Just a thought like.

What lifetime fan said. He'll probably keep in touch with Rodolfo Borrell, who's now managing our reserve team. I didn't even realise that either, he was managing younger players before being promoted not long back. Might start watching reserves more now when possible. José Segura is also the technical director of the Academy, just like he was at Barca.

From the offal :

Rodolfo graduated from Barcelona's INEF University with a degree before undertaking his UEFA Coaching qualifications.

The Spaniard joined Barcelona in 1996 and spent 13 years with the La Liga giants, making significant progress through the ranks of the Catalan's youth coaching system.

Rodolfo coached all age groups from U11 to U17 level at the Nou Camp, where he worked alongside Liverpool's Academy technical manager Jose Segura, as well as Pep Guardiola.

During his time at the club, Barcelona won nine league titles, three cup competitions, one National Championship and one World Club Championship.

Rodolfo helped develop well-known Barcelona players past and present, such as Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique, Cesc Fabregas, Bojan Krkic and Giovanni Dos Santos, as well as many potential stars of the future, including Liverpool's own Daniel Pacheco.

Rodolfo Borrell - Liverpool FC

Could definitely see him managing us one day if Borrell and Segura stay, he'll have the type of player setup he's used to already well in place.

What lifetime fan said. He'll probably keep in touch with Rodolfo Borrell, who's now managing our reserve team. I didn't even realise that either, he was managing younger players before being promoted not long back. Might start watching reserves more now when possible. José Segura is also the technical director of the Academy, just like he was at Barca.

From the offal :

Rodolfo graduated from Barcelona's INEF University with a degree before undertaking his UEFA Coaching qualifications.

The Spaniard joined Barcelona in 1996 and spent 13 years with the La Liga giants, making significant progress through the ranks of the Catalan's youth coaching system.

Rodolfo coached all age groups from U11 to U17 level at the Nou Camp, where he worked alongside Liverpool's Academy technical manager Jose Segura, as well as Pep Guardiola.

During his time at the club, Barcelona won nine league titles, three cup competitions, one National Championship and one World Club Championship.

Rodolfo helped develop well-known Barcelona players past and present, such as Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique, Cesc Fabregas, Bojan Krkic and Giovanni Dos Santos, as well as many potential stars of the future, including Liverpool's own Daniel Pacheco.

Rodolfo Borrell - Liverpool FC

Could definitely see him managing us one day if Borrell and Segura stay, he'll have the type of player setup he's used to already well in place.

No thanks.

Barca's football may be pretty, but would it work on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke?

No thanks.

Barca's football may be pretty, but would it work on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke?

Yup, because the pitch would already be watered for better passing. Seriously though I think it would work. If you put Barca in Stoke's stadium on a wet wednesday night against their team they'd probably run rings around them.

Of course we'll probably never find out, but I think their game would work fine over here. It's ok saying our league is more physical, etc, but if the opposition can't even get close to most of their players inbetween their passes it might not really matter.

Another point on this which people can't seem to get their heads around, Kenny would have seen Henderson at youth level in his previous job at the Liverpool academy.

He knows what he's buying.

I reckon Kenny is one of the best scouts in Europe... I willing to gamble that he's worked out, exactly, who he wants and why. DC is pretty damn good at his job too, judging by his past experience, so I think we've got two impressive scouts sitting down and breaking each potential purchase down to the tiniest aspect.

I reckon Kenny is one of the best scouts in Europe... I willing to gamble that he's worked out, exactly, who he wants and why. DC is pretty damn good at his job too, judging by his past experience, so I think we've got two impressive scouts sitting down and breaking each potential purchase down to the tiniest aspect.

And yet we're reportedly interested in Charlie Adam.

Something doesn't add up!

Bloody hell, mate. We all think Kenny is an absolute legend, and there is no one I'd rather have at the helm, but we don't need to make stuff up. Kenny has signed some unbelievable players in his managerial career, and he's signed some absolute yard dogs, like every manager.

He's got more right than wrong - that's why he is successful, but to claim he's now one of the best scouts in the world is just a little unnecessarily sycophantic.

I find it completely off topic for him to say, unless our academy is currently playing against theirs or something.

I'm fairly sure we did play against Barcelona in a youth tournament in Spain last season.

Bloody hell, mate. We all think Kenny is an absolute legend, and there is no one I'd rather have at the helm, but we don't need to make stuff up. Kenny has signed some unbelievable players in his managerial career, and he's signed some absolute yard dogs, like every manager.

He's got more right than wrong - that's why he is successful, but to claim he's now one of the best scouts in the world is just a little unnecessarily sycophantic.

Horus is spot on there Unrighteous.

I'm sure you remember the years under Kennys last spell as manager like the rest of us, and while the were superb and we got to watch brilliant players like Barnes, Beardsley, Aldo, etc. There were also the Carters and Speedies of this world to keep our feet on the ground.

Kenny is a lot of things, but to claim he is one of the best scouts in Europe having spent the last 11 years on the sidelines, is odd to say the least.

Kenny will fuck up in the transfer market just like every other manager ever. Hopefully the good will outweigh the bad. Certainly if we have the transfer kitty every year that we seem to have this summer, then he will have the best chance of any recent Liverpool manager to do well in the transfer market if he doesn't have to scramble around looking for free transfers.

I trust Kenny with the big money, but he is going to fuck up at times.

You can all call it sycophantic or whatever... but fuck sakes... his first stint had some absolutely amazing signings.

What other manager, working today, has got that extent of 'got more right then wrong'?

I expect every manager to make bad signings, because it can't be fucking sunny every day... Don't get me wrong.

My post speaks more about my belief in the guys picking our signings then anything 'sycophantic'.

I reckon Kenny is one of the best scouts in Europe....

Hansen has been saying that for years. He has often talked about Kenny mentioning players Hansen had never heard of, he knew the lengths of players contracts and who was available on a Bosman. He may have been out of the game as far as employment was concerned but he has always had his eye on the ball.

Hansen has been saying that for years. He has often talked about Kenny mentioning players Hansen had never heard of, he knew the lengths of players contracts and who was available on a Bosman. He may have been out of the game as far as employment was concerned but he has always had his eye on the ball.

Yes Hansen said it when Kenny was appointed temporary manager.This is also interesting to hear Dixons opinion on Kenny,as he kind of gives Big Ears a look saying,what do you mean one of the best players ever,he was the best player.

[YOUTUBE]fpqYhwYGEno[/YOUTUBE]