You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cold baked beans from the tin...

are fucking boss. I've been having them for breakfast if I'm in a rush, supper if I've had a smoke and can't be arsed cooking.. they are just immense. I'm even eating like Sainsburies own brand which are 15p a tin and they taste just fine. If I'm having them other than for breakfast its nice to have a packet of crisps and dip them in.

I've lost about a stone in the last few months from having beans instead of chocolate, flapjacks when I run out of energy, sausage on toast breakfast etc

I'm looking at people eating those trendy muller rices and thinking... beans motherfucker, try beans! If I have a tin of beans after a bowl of cereal and a cuppa, i'm not hungry 'til about 2pm.

When I'm done eating my beans I scrape the tin and slam it down with the fork still in it like Rorschach from Watchmen and I feel great. Cold beans - from the tin - with a fork.

Also - I don't work for the bean industry or any major suppliers of beans. I'm completely impartial.

Cold beans on toast - win.

Cold beans on most things - win.

They do have to be Heinz though, unless they're in a chilli, own brands are acceptable by me for that one.

Well done on the stone, i'm now a whole 18lbs off since Christmas.

Guest PurpleNose
Call me old fashioned if you like, but I prefer meths from a bottle.

Let me guess, you fucking wash as well?