You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

19 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

oh-dear.gif

777 pulling their ladies basketball team out of European competition because they can’t afford it. 

IMG_3823.jpeg

Well at least they can be guaranteed they won't have to Pull Everton out of european competition 

• Haha 1

777 shouldn't be allowed any where near a premier league team. If I was an evertonian I think I'd rather go into administration than see those bastards using my club as part of their giant leveraged ponzi scheme. Scumbags who make money offering nothing just playing the money game.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

777 shouldn't be allowed any where near a premier league team. If I was an evertonian I think I'd rather go into administration than see those bastards using my club as part of their giant leveraged ponzi scheme. Scumbags who make money offering nothing just playing the money game.

Been saying this to my bloo mates for ages. Stop crying like babies over the points deduction and focus on your dodgy owner and the shadowy cunts he wants to sell to. They're so convinced this stadium is the answer to everything, they don't give a fuck. They can't imagine anybody is just going to use them as a money grab opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yup, much as above ive been saying to my Blues mates that if you are actually interested in your teams future then you dont want these scamming shyster fucks anywhere near your team but all they care about is their points deduction and how they are gonna have the best stadium in the world.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Tenfolder said:

best stadium in the world

It was all about dick swinging and a bigger capacity than the RS. They must have felt so let down when the capacity was announced.

Can't believe the Dan Meis? Brief wasn't just make it bigger than them.

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

It was all about dick swinging and a bigger capacity than the RS. They must have felt so let down when the capacity was announced.

Can't believe the Dan Meis? Brief wasn't just make it bigger than them.

That's all it was. They couldn't build a stadium for £300m in Gilmoss, Walton Hall avenue or Garston. They needed to have something to tell everyone they still existed and get one over der redshite. 

• Upvote 1

Stadium update in the Echo. 

A few mentions of "on the banks of the Mersey" - genuinely, had this phrase EVER been used before? I used to work for the tourist board and did a lot of writing about the waterfront and I don't think I ever used it. Because it's shit. 

Also, missing out on £200million for the naming rights. Why are the Echo writing this as true and not actually questioning its validity? So Usmanov was just going to hand over 200 million pounds? As well as the £30m he'd already given them for (don't laugh) "naming rights".

Crooks. Tried to cook the books like Man City but were shit at it. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

A few mentions of "on the banks of the Mersey" - genuinely, had this phrase EVER been used before? I used to work for the tourist board and did a lot of writing about the waterfront and I don't think I ever used it. Because it's shit. 

Also, missing out on £200million for the naming rights. Why are the Echo writing this as true and not actually questioning its validity? So Usmanov was just going to hand over 200 million pounds? As well as the £30m he'd already given them for (don't laugh) "naming rights".

They were shit at it because they didn't have the actual money. City had and still have. 

34 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

They've been singing it since the 60's.

Doubt if the Mersey has ever been blue, but like 'the grand old lady?' All part of the shit the club put out and they lap it up.

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

He was going to pay £230m for naming rights for a new stadium for a mid table English club who have been fighting relegation for a few years.

But Spurs still haven't found a sponsor for their ground and Barcelona's Spotify deal is worth around €60m a year. 

Jokers.

15 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

They can't imagine anybody is just going to use them as a money grab opportunity. 

They don't generate any revenue - there is no opportunity.

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

They were shit at it because they didn't have the actual money. 

^^^^^^

59 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They don't generate any revenue - there is no opportunity.

^^^^^^

Well there's money to be made..there's almost a fully finished stadium there that someone is going to end up owning with a guaranteed sitting tenant, which then becomes a saleable asset. And if you get the club for next to free, you cut costs, take the PL money while you can. Clubs survive in the league with much smaller budgets than Everton.

19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Are they just making noises to ensure the PL deal with the new breach before the end of the season?

could well be....and if it works then why not?

27 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yep. These two will have to return their Bitter Cards-

image.png

Judging from Baz’s timeline, his head will explode if the stadium is named a modern wonder of the world

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

They've been singing it since the 60's.

Doubt if the Mersey has ever been blue, but like 'the grand old lady?' All part of the shit the club put out and they lap it up.

As much as I love it, the Mersey (up until very recently) has always been the colour of shit so on the banks of the royal shit Mersey would suit them. I was walking up Otterspool with the dog a few months back (waiting for Strontz) and it’s looking quite nice lately. Still not something you wanna swim in. Fucking Runcorn. 

*I wasn’t pimping my dog out I was gonna thump him 

• Haha 1