You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

"Tom Wyllie scored the only goal of the game.

But in the final minutes of the match Everton had a corner awarded, and as the ball came into the penalty area, Everton players urged referee Arthur to award a penalty, claiming that a Liverpool defender had fisted the ball away.

Mr Arthur didn’t see it that way, though he did consult his linesman.

He awarded a drop-ball... and as soon as this had been taken, the final whistle went amid general uproar.

Everton wasted no time in protesting against the result, and complained about ‘the general incompetence of the referee’. Because of this Liverpool were not presented with the trophy after the match.

Instead the Liverpool Football Association convened a meeting at the Neptune Hotel for the following Monday to discuss the matter. Everton’s appeal was dismissed, and the next day - after Liverpool’s match against Preston at Anfield - the Liverpool Senior Cup was presented by Liverpool FA president Mr A.B. Hull."

• Upvote 3

But in the final minutes of the match Everton had a corner awarded, and as the ball came into the penalty area, Everton players urged referee Arthur to award a penalty, claiming that a Liverpool defender had fisted the ball away.

He awarded a drop-ball... and as soon as this had been taken, the final whistle went amid general uproar.

Everton wasted no time in protesting against the result, and complained about ‘the general incompetence of the referee’. Because of this Liverpool were not presented with the trophy after the match.

Instead the Liverpool Football Association convened a meeting at the Neptune Hotel for the following Monday to discuss the matter. Everton’s appeal was dismissed, and the next day - after Liverpool’s match against Preston at Anfield - the Liverpool Senior Cup was presented by Liverpool FA president Mr A.B. Hull."

And more than a century later, the referee blew the full time whistle just as Westerveld hit a clearance straight into an Everton player with the ball rebounding into the net.

Saw a post on Facebook off an Evertonian this morning which was along the lines of "for all their embarrassing fans, comedy moments and whopper behaviour one thing Kopites will never put up with is mediocrity. They called Brendan Rodgers out for being a charlatan and the owners got shut of him and got a better manager".

Evertonians are the biggest whoppers going. Just sit on their hands doing nothing because they are terrified of being called a Kopite because they somehow believe they have moral high ground over everyone else in the country. Believing that they are the last true supporters of an old fashioned football club simply because they spout shit brainwashing slogans and put them in their car windows.

Embarrassing behaviour from whopper fans? Like booing your team off the pitch at Wembley at half-time when they're only 1-0 down, fighting outside the stadium, flying banners demanding the manager get the sack, abusing young players, never filling out the ground, parroting a litany of slogans like Moses read them out at Mount Sinai despite them being dreamt up by some marketing geeks.

• Upvote 1

If Everton was a bloke, he'd be the type of bloke who sneaks around busy pubs stealing other people's pints.

Haha think you could be on to something there mate.

If Everton was a bloke, he'd be the type of bloke who gets the bus and sniffs his fingers for the entire journey.

• Upvote 1

And more than a century later, the referee blew the full time whistle just as Westerveld hit a clearance straight into an Everton player with the ball rebounding into the net.

How didthey ever think that would stand anyway ? All that should have happened was a booking for Hutchison. Soft lads.

The Edwardian Clive Thomas!

I definitely think they've painted themselves into a corner with all their "People's club/Never see a Scouser on the Kop" bullshit.  Instead of actually trying to generate any sort of international mass appeal - because that would be Kopite behaviour - they've allowed their club to stagnate and wallow in parochialism.

I love it.

Another they haven't really thought through is the Marketing classic, "We Go The Game".

On a factual level, this means Everton Football Club have declared that there can be no more Everton supporters than their highest attendance. When combined with their insistence on pure Scouse heritage and address, that means fewer than 40,000 Evertonians worldwide.

Sounds about right, but the volume of the whining seems like it's from many. many more.

• Upvote 2

Embarrassing behaviour from whopper fans? Like booing your team off the pitch at Wembley at half-time when they're only 1-0 down, fighting outside the stadium, flying banners demanding the manager get the sack, abusing young players, never filling out the ground, parroting a litany of slogans like Moses read them out at Mount Sinai despite them being dreamt up by some marketing geeks.

Unfortunately, a small band of whoppers amongst our fanbase thought it was a good idea too.

PAY-Liverpool-v-QPR.jpg

• Upvote 1

Debate currently raging as to whether Oumar Niasse is their worst player Ever. So far Per Koldrup, Mitch Ward, Gareth Farrelly, Claus Thomsen, Alex Nyarko, Imbrahima Backoftheecho Van Der Meyde all getting heavy shouts. Consensus is Brett Angell, which I think is rough on the lad given that shit above, He's not even the worst Martinez has signed. Alcaraz

Beattie was laughingly gash for them as i recall.

I recently found out that Brett Angell coaches our local team, Hawkes Bay United. I haven't been to a match yet, but I might have to go along now so I can heckle him.4C2SOqY.jpg

I recently found out that Brett Angell coaches our local team, Hawkes Bay United. I haven't been to a match yet, but I might have to go along now so I can heckle him.4C2SOqY.jpg

Edward James Olmos has let himself go since his Miami Vice days

• Upvote 1

First ever time we played them was in the final of the Liverpool Senior's Cup in 1893. We won 1-0, they complained and tried to get the result overturned.

Interesting story that.

However the fact remains that you did not overtake our League Championship Titles until 1966, and our FA Cup Wins until 1992.

So hardly "Living under your shadow since 1893" is it.

• Downvote 2

And so begun....

The Fume.

they should right a song like Billy Joel's '' We didn't start the fire '' and name and shame all the conspirators.

Or they could do a version of 'I've been everywhere, man' listing every place they've been robbed.

they should right a song like Billy Joel's '' We didn't start the fire '' and name and shame all the conspirators.

Taffs Tavern, Simon Davies, Redshite, Johnny Mac

Southport, Walter Smith, Joseph YO-BO

John Stones, Richard Kenyon, Schadenfreude, Go the game

North County Road, South County Road, Sylvester Stallone

• Upvote 10

De Boer is a former teammate of Pep Guardiola and a disciple of Johan Cruyff! Cruyff believed in De Boer and I think we should too! If Mourinho is not happening, with the Moshiri arrival, with the fact a lot of top clubs want De Boer, we really should go and get him. Tottenham are no mugs, and De Boer has probably been sounded out by Barcelona about the possibility of a future role there.

He is being linked with all the top jobs, and wants to test himself in England.

De Boer alongside his bro, joined Barcelona for £22m as far back as 1999. He is big-time. He has turned down Liverpool's advances in the past too, and if he'd 'love' to manage us I don't know what more we could possibly want.

Always remember the important quality in a manager.

• Upvote 1

Taffs Tavern, Simon Davies, Redshite, Johnny Mac

Southport, Walter Smith, Joseph YO-BO

John Stones, Richard Kenyon, Schadenfreude, Go the game

North County Road, South County Road, Sylvester Stallone

Billy Satis Nisi Piano Man.

• Upvote 2