You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Remember it well...the kopite dancing a jig wearing a rosette and having a big scarf in his hand which would be nearly flying above his head....that was usually accompanied by the hatchet faced toffee witch who had little round glasses perched near the edge of her nose, close to which would be the big hankie she'd be holding whilst airborne tears were spraying from her eyes.

Occasionally she'd be holding a drawing pin(?) when the kopite had the drawing pin he'd be looking at it with a "what the fuck is this" expression on his face.

Hahaha not seen an echo pink in years since living down south. assume they still do them? 

The Pink used to arrive about 6 30. There would always be a group of lads waiting for the Echo van to turn up.

In them days it was mostly reds waiting as the other soft cunts had fuck all to enjoy reading it. 

They only used to deliver about a 20 odd copies so you had to be on your toes when they won a game.

The mid 80's was like the January sales fighting to get one. It was boss for the amateur footie too.

They just have a pull out now. Fuck all in it.

When Hans Segers helped them avoid relegation some Evertonian rushed to the shop at the top of our road and bought 20 copies. My Dad laughed and said he'd have to go to every paper shop in Merseyside and North Wales to erase the memory of the embarrassing situation they had found themselves in. Blueshite says "this is a momentous day in our history" and walks out with all the copies if the Pink Echo.

Called it the footie echo as well.

Funny how you were talking about the man and the old lady with the results made me think of something from my childhood.

Me da kept all of these footie echos from years back in a suitcase and I would sit there and put them all in chronological order reliving season after season as if it hadn't been played yet.

Seeing the Kopite dance for joy when we won that first European Cup, happy days.

Being naffed off for an hour or two when Everton win anything until I read on and order is restored!!

Best way for me to have ever learnt about the history of this club.

I see in the press today the bitters want to loan another midfielder and striker.

How many players can you hsve on a long term loan?.

That would be Lukaku, Barry , Delafoue all on loan plus two more.That half the team that doesn't belong to them.

I see in the press today the bitters want to loan another midfielder and striker.

How many players can you hsve on a long term loan?.

That would be Lukaku, Barry , Delafoue all on loan plus two more.That half the team that doesn't belong to them.

If it gets them into the CL, job done and they will have more money to actually buy players.

But, after their start to the season, you can pretty much rest assured that City or Chelsea won't be lending them any players. They will have to look abroad and then loans become significantly more risky over a 6 month period.

If it gets them into the CL, job done and they will have more money to actually buy players.

But, after their start to the season, you can pretty much rest assured that City or Chelsea won't be lending them any players. They will have to look abroad and then loans become significantly more risky over a 6 month period.

they could buy Andy Van Der Meyde, Per Kroldrup, Matteo Ferrari, Nuno Valente and Simon Davies like last time

• Upvote 1

Let's be honest though, the first 6 months we had Jelavic, he was easily as good as Suarez currently. #form #lfc

uhh--...

I--...

Y'--...

*shakes head, walks away*

edit: No, I'm back. Someone who uses twatter, let this lad know: As of today, Suarez has scored the same number of goals in 12 matches in the league this season as Jelavic has scored in all competitions in his entire Everton career.

Let's be honest though, the first 6 months we had Jelavic, he was easily as good as Suarez currently. #form #lfc

That really is fucking embarassing. Ive got quite a lot of blue mates, and most of them have been very honest about Suarez brilliance.

One of them even said he was amazed at suarez performance against Norwich and said he was the best player in the league by a mile.

There's been some very good strikers over the years - Rush, Lineker, Shearer, Van Nistelroy, Andy Cole etc, but none that have been as exciting as Suarez. Augero is arguably 'similar', but he's not carrying a team in quite the same way as Suarez.

Some of the aforementioned were clinical finishers and I would never want to deny them their achievements, but they simply do the bits of magic that Suarez does.... in that respect, he's reminiscent of Maradona / Messi (beating 2 or 3 players THEN putting the ball in the net).

Admittedly, he's always been good, but these last couple of months he's having a real purple patch. If he can keep it up, he'll probably go down as the best ever PL striker (although unlikely to break all time scoring records).

Jelavic was a more a case of 'half decent striker' (when he was on his game). The comparison to Suarez is laughable though.

• Upvote 1

There's been some very good strikers over the years - Rush, Lineker, Shearer, Van Nistelroy, Andy Cole etc, but none that have been as exciting as Suarez. Augero is arguably 'similar', but he's not carrying a team in quite the same way as Suarez.

Some of the aforementioned were clinical finishers and I would never want to deny them their achievements, but they simply do the bits of magic that Suarez does.... in that respect, he's reminiscent of Maradona / Messi (beating 2 or 3 players THEN putting the ball in the net).

Admittedly, he's always been good, but these last couple of months he's having a real purple patch. If he can keep it up, he'll probably go down as the best ever PL striker (although unlikely to break all time scoring records).

Jelavic was a more a case of 'half decent striker' (when he was on his game). The comparison to Suarez is laughable though.

Pretty sure he is now the top league goalscorer in Europe this season to.