You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Scott Dann FFS

What is it about managers trying to show us how clever they are in the transfer market.

Is he better than Agger or Kelly?

How many times have you seen Kelly play at centre back for the first team Nick? Agger manages less than 18 PL games a season there on average, so that's a bit moot too!

I reckon you will be saying in a year how decent a signing this is.

That's two bites you've had at Dalglish today in this thread by the way for players who've never put the shirt on.

That's real classy stuff. Were you one of the ones saying he shouldn't be manager because you didn't want to see people bitch at him?

How many times have you seen Kelly play at centre back for the first team Nick? Agger manages less than 18 PL games a season there on average, so that's a bit moot too!

I reckon you will be saying in a year how decent a signing this is.

That's two bites you've had at Dalglish today in this thread by the way for players who've never put the shirt on.

That's real classy stuff. Were you one of the ones saying he shouldn't be manager because you didn't want to see people bitch at him?

FFS

If the manager buys bad players or players not suited to the LFC shirt even if his name is jesus christ I am going to voice my huge concern about it.

We just dont need to be doing this and lets just remember this could all be a ruse for other players. However if we do buy sub standard players when all we should be doing is buying 2 or 3 world class players every close season then I dont think its unreasonable to question the judgement of those making those decisions

It's your prerogative of course, but I would hope you would let any signing have at least one game before you slate the manager for them.

We all knew Poulsen was past it and would be shit.

Take your point on board but I think were talking at cross purposes.

Whoever we sign will get my full support I just dont see the point of buying squad players its just goes back to Rafa days when its not needed.

If Dann becomes a regular first team player then thats something completely different but I dont believe he will

We should be spending our resources on quality not quantity

Poulsen is old and shit though. Dann is neither. Not really a valid comparison for me.

That was just a throw away line which misses the main point in that the likes of Dann are likely to improve the squad and not the first team and we should be focusing on players like Suarez who will really make a difference to the first team

The only player being mentioned I think will imporve the first team is Downing but not by much, I think we could buy better that would imporve the team more.

We all knew Poulsen was past it and would be shit.

Take your point on board but I think were talking at cross purposes.

Whoever we sign will get my full support I just dont see the point of buying squad players its just goes back to Rafa days when its not needed.

If Dann becomes a regular first team player then thats something completely different but I dont believe he will

We should be spending our resources on quality not quantity

Stop fucking moaning, if we sign him an he is shit and has no effect on the team then you can say 'I told you so'. Talking like your opinion is fact, agger will probably be getting shipped out and if we can get Dann for 8 million which helps us load more money on our attack budget then I'm all for it

Scott Dann is a very good player, and will improve us if he produces the sort of form he did at Birmingham. People talk solely of Kenny and Comolli, but I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Clarke has played a part in assessing potential defensive additions.

Skrtel should a definite improvement in the second half of the season, but he's still too erratic considering we have no viable back-up. Should this transfer happen, Skrtel himself will probably be that back-up going into the new season.

I do find it interesting that Cahill is valued so much more highly given that he, unlike Dann, has never formed part of a solid defence.

Edited by TheDrowningMan

Sorry if i'm being really thick here but what is mf? main forum? which one?

Members Forum mate. See the TLW Membership thread up near the top of the page.

It's a place with a bit less hysterical nonsense than the FF and because it is not a public forum people are able to post a bit more info on it. Particularly interesting things regarding a certain Newcastle United manager.

Value is always relative but if you have, say, £50M to spend and you need to strengthen, say, four positions, then you probably want to blow the biggest chunk on the position which will have most effect on your team's performance, which clearly for us is in the wide attacking positions.

£25M on Coentrao is too much in my opinion. I'm not wrong because it's my opinion, and neither are you with yours, but let's see if we really do spunk £25M on a left back. I am willing to make you a small wager that we don't.

If we do get that LB it wont be for 25M.

I never thought we'd pay 18M for Johnson!

Sorry if i'm being really thick here but what is mf? main forum? which one?

Members Forum. You need to pay to support the site to use it. A respected member of TLW on there has passed on solid info that the Dann deal looks very much on. I won't repeat who said it or exactly what they said, because it's up to them where they post it. Obviously you take the information as you find it so it's not a 100% cast iron guarantee until you see the confirmation on the official club site.

Edited by zigackly

Dann is (in my opinion) not the kind of player we should be looking for. He wont improve us a much (if any) and he is not a bigger talent than Kelly, Wilson and Ayala.

we should be looking at Sakho, Subotic and Hummels in Dortmund, Howedes in Schalke, Tasci in Stuttgart.

"It's not for me to decide what happens next in my career but everyone knows that I want to play in the Premier League," Adam said. "It's one of the best leagues in the world."

more by Charlie Adam - 9 hours ago - The Guardian (2 occurrences)

Charlie Adam wants to leave Blackpool | Mail Online

Charlie Adam has admitted that he wants to leave relegated Blackpool to join a Premier League club.

The Seasiders earned rave reviews for some heroic performances throughout the season and Adam was at the focal point of much of their success.

Having lost their fight against the drop when defeat to Manchester United sealed their relegation from the top flight Blackpool now they look set to lose their key man.

'My future is that I want to play in the Premier League,' the Scotland international said.

'I want to play at the top and hopefully the opportunity comes.'

Although he lost out on the club's player of the year award to midfield partner David Vaughan, Adam, 25, was nominated for the PFA player of the year award and scored 12 goals in his first Premier League season.

Boss Ian Holloway is keen to retain the services of the midfielder, with the club this week confirming they have activated an option for a further 12 months on his contract.

But Adam, who spoke of his admiration for Blackpool, appears determined to leave.

'At the end of the day, my future will get sorted one way or another. It's not me who makes that decision,' he said.

'The club have been fantastic with me and since I went there, since day one, I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

'It's important that, whatever happens, I will always remember my time at Blackpool.'

Blackpool rejected offers for Adam from Liverpool, Aston Villa and Tottenham in January but the news of Adam's stance is likely to spark renewed interest in his services from a host of Premier League clubs.

Dann is (in my opinion) not the kind of player we should be looking for. He wont improve us a much (if any) and he is not a bigger talent than Kelly, Wilson and Ayala.

we should be looking at Sakho, Subotic and Hummels in Dortmund, Howedes in Schalke, Tasci in Stuttgart.

I'll be perfectly honest with you, and state that I have not watched any of those players too much, except Subotic. But Subotic will cost upwards of 20 million, as would Sakho, but Howedes and Tasci have both played in teams that have struggled, Stuggart very nearly got relegated.

I can't see that on face value, they have any greater claim than Dann. But as I say I have not watched them. I am more than happy with Dann, save Carragher for the big matches, and use Ayala and Wisdom for the fourth centre half.

What are people's aspirations for next season? If we sign Dann, Enrique, Adam and Downing I would be amazed if we break into the top four. As you can be certain that the current top four will sign better players then that.

Dann (judging by the decent judges), Enrique, a midfielder and a star winger is where it's at.

Buying Adam and Downing and we only consolidate - marginally improve - in my view.

What are people's aspirations for next season? If we sign Dann, Enrique, Adam and Downing I would be amazed if we break into the top four. As you can be certain that the current top four will sign better players then that.

Add a fully fit Gerrard and a whole season of Suarez and Carroll and it looks alot better though.

I'd be happy with them 4 signings and 1 other top quality player, it seems were after Mata.

Add a fully fit Gerrard and a whole season of Suarez and Carroll and it looks alot better though.

I'd be happy with them 4 signings and 1 other top quality player, it seems were after Mata.

Mata would be a great signing. Don't think it would be enough to break into the top four though.

Dan, Enrique, Downing and one top player. That leaves CM and I'm not sure what role we are buying for. A DM, box-to-box or purely AM? On the one hand we have Adam and the other we have Matiudi who are very different players.

Dan, Enrique, Downing and one top player. That leaves CM and I'm not sure what role we are buying for. A DM, box-to-box or purely AM? On the one hand we have Adam and the other we have Matiudi who are very different players.

A defensively minded midfielder for me. We have Gerrard and Meireles - who are both better than Adam - for the AM role. So this chap Matuidi - or a player of his ilk - would be my preference.