You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show that we very rarely get it wrong when we let a young player leave the club, despite the hysteria at the time. Ince may go on to buck that trend but we'll see.

Hmm. I think I'd be happier if we'd produced a few more Gerrards, Carraghers, Fowlers and Owens, rather than just been good at getting rid of average players.

Just goes to show that we very rarely get it wrong when we let a young player leave the club, despite the hysteria at the time. Ince may go on to buck that trend but we'll see.

We did'nt let Ince leave. His contract ran out, we offered him a new one. He rejected it, as he wanted to play 1st team football. I remember whan Hammill was still here the outrage of him being snubbed in favour of Nabil El Zhar. I include myself as one of the many who wanted Hammill to be played instead.

Funny point now is that El Zhar has carved himself a decent career at the top level with Levante in La Liga, while Hammill is fading away in the nationwide.

We did'nt let Ince leave. His contract ran out, we offered him a new one. He rejected it, as he wanted to play 1st team football. I remember whan Hammill was still here the outrage of him being snubbed in favour of Nabil El Zhar. I include myself as one of the many who wanted Hammill to be played instead.

Funny point now is that El Zhar has carved himself a decent career at the top level with Levante in La Liga, while Hammill is fading away in the nationwide.

Fuck that. Death to Rafa. The Fat Spanish cunt. Wouldn't give the local lads a chance, and so many have proved him wrong.

Playing Lucas over Spearing was another one.

Can anyone help me understand why, on the BBC web site Sport section, the Hammill story appears under a 'Liverpool' (as in LFC) title - as a opposed to a 'Wolverhampton Wanderers' title?

Link?

The only story I found is in the news section. It's in Liverpool news because it happened in Liverpool.

• 4 weeks later...

Former Liverpool FC footballer Adam Hammill pleads guilty to attacking two women paramedics

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/2012/11/12/former-liverpool-fc-footballer-adam-hammill-pleads-guilty-to-attacking-two-women-paramedics-100252-32217781/#ixzz2C28QPFdM

Amanda Haycock, prosecuting, said ambulance staff Sky Armstrong and Tracy Northey were called out because Hammill was unconscious. But when they tried to put him in a wheelchair he became aggressive.

Miss Haycock said: "He hit out, catching Miss Northey on the nose, spat blood at them and tried to bite them."

She said police officers called to the scene to help the paramedics heard Hammill verbally abuse them and they could smell alcohol on him.

She said: "Despite appearing extremely drunk he had a very strong grip and was difficult to restrain.

"With the help of colleagues who had arrived to assist he was placed in the rear of the ambulance as he needed medical treatment and officers were trying to dodge Mr Hammill's mouth as he to bite those around him."

Read more: Liverpool Echo Former Liverpool FC footballer Adam Hammill pleads guilty to attacking two women paramedics - Liverpool Echo