You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Words fail me. I was pretty much expecting this result if I'm being honest, but I still wasn't prepared for it. The only question now is, how much longer do we give him?

Even though we are really shit now, i did not think we would get beat by Blackpool. I joked about it. But i honestly thought we would win this easy. We are even worse than i thought, and i thought we were shit. We deserve to be in the relegation places and we are not too good to go down.

We need a change of manager. NOW.

Is there any Liverpool supporter out there honestly surprised we lost?

The only league games I remember us losing at home in the last 4 years are Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Villa. This clown has a far far worse defeat already, the guy does not have a clue and he is quite capable of taking us into the championship. We simply must sack him before its to late.

He should should be sacked straight away. Saying that he never have been hired. A truly clueless appointment which sums us up really. He's also managed to add 3 utter shit players to the dross already here (Poulsen, Konchesky, Jones). Well done Roy.

There have been no signs of change/improvement so far, so why anyone expected us to win this I have no idea. I've had a sick feeling about it all week and it has only gotten worse as the game has gotten nearer. You still always have that vague expectation that things will go surprisingly well though, don't you? You always think, well, there may be little cause for optimism, but we could still come out and put four past them. That's why it is still monumentally depressing, despite the fact that I had very little confidence in us getting a result.

To be honest, I think I'm pretty much through with Hodgson already. I just can't see a way that things can get better under him. We have no positives to grasp at. The season is damage limitation already. The Everton game is going to make or break his reign, I think, but it may well be broken already...

To be honest, I think I'm pretty much through with Hodgson already. I just can't see a way that things can get better under him. We have no positives to grasp at. The season is damage limitation already. The Everton game is going to make or break his reign, I think, but it may well be broken already...

Theres no way back from this, does anyone seriously believe a man in his 60s who proudly announces he's had the same tactics for 35 years is suddenly going to change? He's not going to attack more and he's not going to suddenly learn how to win away from home.

There is a very real threat of relegation if he stays here.

I wish I could believe that Roy will be sacked after this. But he won't be.

In fact, he'll probably still be managing us if we end up in the fucking championship next season. For anyone that says the mighty Liverpool can't get relegated, please refer to todays result. If we don't buck our ideas up, its a scary possibility.

On a side note, any chance we can start a petition for mypost to be allowed back into TIA?

Guest Scaramanga
Words fail me. I was pretty much expecting this result if I'm being honest, but I still wasn't prepared for it. The only question now is, how much longer do we give him?

My sentiments exactly.

I was all for giving Roy time, but to be honest as time goes on i'm not seeing any improvements that would warrant him being given more time.

Watching that today was really fucking upsetting.

For the first time I'm actually fearful of an upcoming Everton match. My current main gripe with Roy is him not playing Agger, but it's clear there's a shitload of other problems going on there.

Personally I'd drop Lucas and Poulsen, have Gerrard and Meireles in midfield, Carra and Agger at CB. Then see how the fuck anything can be done from that point.

And co-commentator was an utter twat, but he said something right during the match, something like : "Johnson is at his best when he's got the ball and running at people." Why the hell he's still being used as a defender I've no clue.

edit : fuck, missed my 8888th post. Gahhhhh.

wonder how mypost will spin this?

There isn't much to spin. The result is awful and there can be no excuses for it.

However Roy won't be sacked, and getting rid of him isn't the magic answer to our problems. The problems start at the top and work their way down.

If anyone still thought we had a good squad with good players before, well the results against Northampton and today should confirm to anyone that we don't, and major surgery on the playing side is needed.

The result and state the club is in though isn't going to have more investors banging the BP door down anytime soon, and we may be on -3 points come the away derby. Results don't come much worse than losing at home to Blackpool. Things can only get better. They have to, for everyone's sake.

Edited by mypost