You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Commonwealth Games

sir roger

Guest The Chimp
The scoring in the boxing has been atrocious, loads of clean good shots not being scored.

That's spoilt it for me. That said I've only seen anything involving Australian athletes - if it doesn't involve them the station doesn't want to know. Absolute bollox.

That's spoilt it for me. That said I've only seen anything involving Australian athletes - if it doesn't involve them the station doesn't want to know. Absolute bollox.
You can watch the coverage on bbc although that's only for UK viewers so you'd need to use a UK proxy server. Never used a proxy before so if you need advice for that google or TNF it.

The scoring was farcical, the right person still won most fights but the way it's going a better fighter will eventually be eliminated, can definitely see one of the Indian boxers getting through a close fight. The Welsh super heavy stoppage was ridiculous also.

Countries G S B Total

1Australia 47 24 27 98

2India 20 16 12 48

3England 19 37 20 76

4Canada 14 5 20 39

5South A 7 5 6 18

47 gold! haha that seems pretty high, lucky for us there's so many swimming events. if only those pesky Americans were shit swimmers we'd clean up at the Olympics.

Our Girls are killing it in the pool.

Edited by Rex Banner

Countries G S B Total

1Australia 47 24 27 98

2India 20 16 12 48

3England 19 37 20 76

4Canada 14 5 20 39

5South A 7 5 6 18

47 gold! haha that seems pretty high, lucky for us there's so many swimming events. if only those pesky Americans were shit swimmers we'd clean up at the Olympics.

Some fuckers gonna have to clean up the pool what with all that vomit and diahorrea floating about in it.

The high board diving is gonna be interesting.

Some fuckers gonna have to clean up the pool what with all that vomit and diahorrea floating about in it.

The high board diving is gonna be interesting.

Ah yes the dreaded Delhi belly, I caught a bit of the dreaded Bali belly when as the name suggests I was in Bali. It was not a nice way to spend a few days of my holiday, I got well acquainted with the toilet bowl.

Guest The Chimp
It's weird how much Australia are whipping even a combined UK team considering we got a higher gold tally at Beijing.

From what I was told, a lot of the British talent isn't here, preferring to wait until the Europeans (as that I believe - but could be wrong - goes towards Olympic qualification). Also, as the US aren't here the number of medals in the pool (as Rex says for the Australian women especially) means the're pissing it.

That said, you;ve simply got to give them credit. The Australians understand that to do well in sport takes a long-term approach, funding, education and for sport to actually be seen as important - and hence why I'm over here as opposed to still being in Blighty. The British team did wonderfully well in Beijing and had built upon success in Manchester in 2006. Funding was pumped in, coaching talent brought in, and a really good approach taken. I had heard that funding had been scaled back recently and despaired - again though, not sure how true that it as I'm well out of that loop.

As for getting BBC Rem, Celtic Fan posted a boss program a whilst back but it all went to shit as (I presume) the channels cottoned on and blocked it. I might have a monkey around and see what I can do with the proxy settings - cheers.

From what I was told, a lot of the British talent isn't here, preferring to wait until the Europeans (as that I believe - but could be wrong - goes towards Olympic qualification). Also, as the US aren't here the number of medals in the pool (as Rex says for the Australian women especially) means the're pissing it.

That said, you;ve simply got to give them credit. The Australians understand that to do well in sport takes a long-term approach, funding, education and for sport to actually be seen as important - and hence why I'm over here as opposed to still being in Blighty. The British team did wonderfully well in Beijing and had built upon success in Manchester in 2006. Funding was pumped in, coaching talent brought in, and a really good approach taken. I had heard that funding had been scaled back recently and despaired - again though, not sure how true that it as I'm well out of that loop.

As for getting BBC Rem, Celtic Fan posted a boss program a whilst back but it all went to shit as (I presume) the channels cottoned on and blocked it. I might have a monkey around and see what I can do with the proxy settings - cheers.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, I'm still shocked at the scale of the difference in gold totals though.

Well that was a really refreshing interview, English chick in the pole vault disappointed that she only got a bronze. Usually they are beaming about being runners up, I'd like to see more of a winning attitude in our sportspeople.