You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your team

Ross-YNWA

My friend has recently switched and gone from a Manchester United fan and now supports Liverpool FC. Lots of people hate him but I decided too accept it and see his reasons.

He says, he only ever supported Manchester United because his Dad did and just followed his Dad like most do but, he didn't share the same passion for UTD as he should/Dad does. He said it was hard 'coming out' and telling his Dad and mates. He says his reason for supporting Liverpool is, the passion here is immense it's more than just winning trophies here, the history is amazing. Just everything about the club, he loves.

He's 17, and as I've said gone from supporting UTD to Liverpool. What's your thoughts on this? Does it bother you? Should of just stuck with UTD after being a 'supporter' for so many years? Personally I don't mind if he didn't properly support UTD but absolutely loves Liverpool, what's wrong?

My friend has recently switched and gone from a Manchester United fan and now supports Liverpool FC. Lots of people hate him but I decided too accept it and see his reasons.

He says, he only ever supported Manchester United because his Dad did and just followed his Dad like most do but, he didn't share the same passion for UTD as he should/Dad does. He said it was hard 'coming out' and telling his Dad and mates. He says his reason for supporting Liverpool is, the passion here is immense it's more than just winning trophies here, the history is amazing. Just everything about the club, he loves.

He's 17, and as I've said gone from supporting UTD to Liverpool. What's your thoughts on this? Does it bother you? Should of just stuck with UTD after being a 'supporter' for so many years? Personally I don't mind if he didn't properly support UTD but absolutely loves Liverpool, what's wrong?

Just like that eh ?

He needs to serve his penance.

Has he been flogged with broken bottles yet ? Stoned in the streets by children and the elderly ? Been forced to drink a pint of his own piss ? Bum raped by a large negro fella named Clyde ? Had his glutes squeezed by a large Nigerian gentleman ?

Until he has, he must reside in limbo.

Although it is never too late to turn away from the dark side.

Just like that eh ?

He needs to serve his penance.

Has he been flogged with broken bottles yet ? Stoned in the streets by children and the elderly ? Been forced to drink a pint of his own piss ? Bum raped by a large negro fella named Clyde ? Had his glutes squeezed by a large Nigerian gentleman ?

Until he has, he must reside in limbo.

Although it is never too late to turn away from the dark side.

Yes, I was really shocked at the time, he said he's liked/supported them for quite a while but didn't want to tell people as he was scared at the response. Now he's told people he is actually hated lol

And hmm maybe, bit harsh though lol!

This also reminds me of a good mate of mine who's not especially a football fan, prefers rugby league. However he openly admits to owning a number of filth shirts from years back but goes out of his way to big up Liverpool when he's around me. He's recently bought a new Liverpool home shirt and wore it a few weeks ago when I went to his house. Made me wince a bit really but I didn't say anything.

Anyone willing to swop from a man u fan to a Liverpool fan is clearly not a glory hunter.

People change, if he never considered himself a United fan and khas come to the decision he wants to be a Liverpool- fan rather than just follow his arl fella then good luck to him I say.

Hyypia was a United fan for a bit I believe because of his dad but in the end chose Liverpool as his team, was he also a rape child? Me thinks not.

Our kidder briefly switched alliegiances donkeys years ago when he was a kid.

I've been a Red since the age of 6, our kidder is a couple of years younger than me so I suppose he initially followed my lead.

However, for a brief couple of weeks about 30 odd years ago, he came home from school with a Man U*d scarf !

Well beating followed beating - the end of Martyrs had fuck all on our kidders punishment, let me tell you - but after a couple of weeks he decided to relent and return to the fold.

Whether it was the regular beatings or perhaps he'd just seen the error of his ways, I know not.

But it's not that easy.

At the time we had an Old English Sheepdog called Jasper. Well our Jasper wasn't feeling very well at the time, and he had chronic diahorrea. Perhaps you can imagine a long haired sheepdog shitting through the eye of a needle, poor Jasper's whinnets were a dripping, coagulated fowl mass of stupifying proportions.

So I decided that my kid brother should serve his penance to prove his remorse above any doubt : he had to clean up the dogs arsehole with that Godforsaken U*d scarf.

To out Ste's credit, he did so no bother...then for good measure he cremated that unGodly garment in the back garden.

To this day, nearly 40 years on, our kidder HATES to be reminded of his incredible act of betrayal.