You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A stage too far for Fulham, and Zamora lacked the sharpness to make any impact, so although he played, he was a big loss for them. Still, for them to have got that far is a sterling effort, especially as they didn't exactly have an easy path to the final. Atletico's superior class up front made the difference yet again.

On a slightly different note, how much point is there of players like Dickson Etuhu? Yes he's physically strong, but offers next to nothing going forward, and can be got at defensively. He also looked utterly fucked in extra time, so couldn't bring his "energy" into play either. Other players who fit this mould include Fabrice Muamba and Damien Plessis, although with him the "energy" bit is dubious to say the least.

EDIT: I know some will read that and automatically think LUCAS, but he genuinely does offer more offensively. Just that he doesn't show it often enough.

Edited by kopaloadofthis
covering my tracks

GETTIN ATLETI!!! Finally this season football deals me a turn after our season, the henry handball, Finally one my teams gets its just desserts.

Massive shout out to Fulham though, what a season, just like our season of Istanbul. To see Danny, Duff and the boys so dejected made it nearly a hollow victory. Anyone who knows me knows i love Atletico Madrid. They're just brilliant.

But Fulham earned my respect tonight. What a group. Roy Hodgeson, take a bow sir. Youv fucking earned it.

PS: Diego Forlan is absolutely unreal. What a fucking player.

Aside from everything else Forlan's off the field attitude just fantastic. Seems like one of the most decent guys playing the game.

Great to see when you have talentless numerous clowns like Kevin Price Boateng and David Bentley constantly bigging it up.

GETTIN ATLETI!!! Finally this season football deals me a turn after our season, the henry handball, Finally one my teams gets its just desserts.

Why do you like them so much and how many teams do you have?

I have Liverpool and my local team Perth, I never support more than one team per sport really unless they are playing on a different level of competition.

Aside from everything else Forlan's off the field attitude just fantastic. Seems like one of the most decent guys playing the game.

Great to see when you have talentless numerous clowns like Kevin Price Boateng and David Bentley constantly bigging it up.

He's been financially supporting his quadroplegiac sister from a very early age, so he has a better perspective on life than many of the neck-tattooed/lilac booted idiots out there. He's said in the past that the will to earn enough to pay for her medical bills was his main inspiration in becoming a footballer.

Unlucky for Danny Murphy last night. He hasn't changed though, three sublime passes and then two wretched ones out of every five. Consistently inconsistent.

And sad to say at this stage, but Damien Duff would still improve us.

He's been financially supporting his quadroplegiac sister from a very early age, so he has a better perspective on life than many of the neck-tattooed/lilac booted idiots out there. He's said in the past that the will to earn enough to pay for her medical bills was his main inspiration in becoming a footballer.

Unlucky for Danny Murphy last night. He hasn't changed though, three sublime passes and then two wretched ones out of every five. Consistently inconsistent.

Yep- story of his Liverpool career that. It struck me last night how much him and Etuhu are the poor man's equivalent of our Alonso and Mascherano partnership from last season.

Hard not to feel for Fulham though. They battled well and looked organised, but I think they just ran out of steam in the end. Probably a game too far for them. I mean, what was it? 63rd, 64th game of a season that started in July? Pretty incredible achievement for them to get to a European final.

Atletico were worthy winners on the night. Forlan and Aguero kept causing them problems throughout. Two quality players- even if the latter looks to be a horrible little twat.

Didn't know that. Fair play.

Agree on Duff also. But there ain't much left in his tank.