You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Liverpool to unveil Hodgson this week

Published 20:00 29/06/10 By David Maddock

Liverpool to unveil Roy Hodgson as manager this week - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Don't know about you but I for one am completely convinced by that piece by Madock. It's not as if he's got together with someone like Purslow to put a good spin on the situation is it?

is it????????

I think some of the lads on here are journalist, know journalists or are studying journalism. What professional justification is there for writing such obvious shite and blatant propaganda?

How can he as a journalist take himself serious when coming out with utter shit.

Even if your average reader is a bit thick do you not have any pride or principles.

That Maddock piece has annoyed the fuck out of me.

Ghost written by our Christian. Do they really think we're that thick? Obviously, yes.

AND, and , and, any other fucker dares to say Woy will be a safe pair of hands, I'll boot them up the arse.

I think some of the lads on here are journalist, know journalists or are studying journalism. What professional justification is there for writing such obvious shite and blatant propaganda?

How can he as a journalist take himself serious when coming out with utter shit.

Even if your average reader is a bit thick do you not have any pride or principles.

I would imagine it's because these guys live and die by the strength of their contacts. Say what you like but - in purely journalistic terms - as the guy running the show Purslow is a hugely credible* source. That's why Maddock, Winter, Bascombe and the likes have essentially become propagandists for the current regime.

*Of course what he's feeding these journalists is not 'credible', it's bullshit: he knows it, they know it, we know it but it has to be done when you're effectively running a football club through the media. We're about to employ a 'flavour of the month' manager and Broughton's email reply in justification of Benitez's dismissal should tell you all you need to know on that score.

Hodgson will be given around £12m in cash to spend, but will also be allowed to spend much of the revenue he generates in selling off some of the Anfield deadwood, just as Benitez did the previous summer.

The Spaniard had a war chest of more than £40m which he used to bring in record signings Glen Johnson and and Alberto Aquilani, and Hodgson could have even more by offloading the likes of Ryan Babel, Albert Riera, Yossi Benayoun, David Ngog and possibly even Aquilani.

Risible couple of paragraphs there. I don't think even Hicks would have the audacity to spout the above lies.

£40m? £30m more like, or nearer £25m if the money Portsmouth owed us is taken out. And no mention of the £34m brought in from Alonso and Arbeloa.

One small consolation is that several hacks at the Indie and the Times are really gunning for Cecil now. He's in for a hell of a couple of months.

Is that because their sources are no longer at the club?

Hodgson will be given around £12m in cash to spend, but will also be allowed to spend much of the revenue he generates in selling off some of the Anfield deadwood, just as Benitez did the previous summer.

The Spaniard had a war chest of more than £40m which he used to bring in record signings Glen Johnson and and Alberto Aquilani, and Hodgson could have even more by offloading the likes of Ryan Babel, Albert Riera, Yossi Benayoun, David Ngog and possibly even Aquilani.

Risible couple of paragraphs there. I don't think even Hicks would have the audacity to spout the above lies.

£40m? £30m more like, or nearer £25m if the money Portsmouth owed us is taken out. And no mention of the £34m brought in from Alonso and Arbeloa.

And no mention of the Keane £16m and no mention of the Leto £5m etc etc.

And no mention of the Keane £16m and no mention of the Leto £5m etc etc.

It's disgraceful stuff. It genuinely reeks of a cut and paste from a statement given to him by somebody else. Even the phrasing stinks: "war chest of £40m...which he used to bring in record signings..."

I think ATK siad it was £80m provided we got £50m for Macherano. That was £15m pocket money from T&T, £50m for Macherano, and anything else he raised in player sales. In short all of it. Purslow must tell so many lies he must forget who he's said what to.

Still doesn't qualify for the Champions League therefore he would not have met the minimum requirements.

You said improvement before, now you're changing the goalposts. For the record, if nothing changes with our squad, I would expect top 4.

We are better than Spurs, Man City and Villa.

You said improvement before, now you're changing the goalposts. For the record, if nothing changes with our squad, I would expect top 4.

Whatever changes happen in our squad will be down to him, bar Mascherano ofcourse.

And if the owners sanction the sale of Torres/Gerrard I'd expect him to come out and say it but if he doesn't I'll take it that it's him not good enough to manager Torres/Gerrard so it's his fault if he loses them.

I don't think that'll be true of City in the next few weeks but they are a circus. so who knows how they'll perform on the pitch.

I think ATK siad it was £80m provided we got £50m for Macherano. That was £15m pocket money from T&T, £50m for Macherano, and anything else he raised in player sales. In short all of it. Purslow must tell so many lies he must forget who he's said what to.

It was 35 for Mascherano I think. Plus 30 in other player sales to get the 80.

Whats this about Lippi as a last minute candidate ?

Softening the blow attempt by Cecil ?

Transfer news: Marcello Lippi in late Liverpool link although Roy Hodgson remains favourite to take job - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Lippi in late Liverpool link

Published 18:49 29/06/10 By Mirror Football Recommend (2)

Marcello Lippi has emerged as an 11th hour contender to take the Liverpool job - despite Roy Hodgson being on the point of agreeing to take the Anfield hot-seat.

Reports from Italy suggest the former Azzuri coach, whose team went out of the World Cup in miserable style last week, has become the Reds' fall-back position should anything go wrong with their move for Hodgson.

Fulham's manager is still expected to make the switch from Craven Cottage as early as Thursday and work in tandem with his friend Kenny Dalglish.

But with Fabio Capello's position as England manager now in serious jeopardy, the Premier League giants see Lippi as their top target in case Hodgson is persuaded to take the international job.

They have a better manager than us.

Hurts does that.

They don't. I'd have Hodgson over Mancini, Moyes and Redknapp. I don't mind O'Neill but I think Roy's more savvy. End of the day its all about opinions.

Despite how muich I depise the owners and I think Purslow is a snake in the grass, i think Hodgson's calm attitude could help the club on the field and not cause further friction and division within the club. If people want to call that a s 'yes man' they are free to do so. Roy wil come knowing full well what restrictions are in place and he'll do the very best he can to work within those parameters.