You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really sure what "magnanimous in his play" means, but I'm humbled to have been mentioned on any basis. I was beginning to wonder whether I'd played at all!

One thing, we should definitely have been better organised in terms of the three subs Josh (mmmmm), Steve (mmm) and Si (f). All three should have had half a game. Twenty minutes is not enough.

And yeah, Mark. Top banana for sorting it all out mate. No easy task.

You got nutmegged.

Other than that, you fucking ruled.

did everyone else get their shirt yet?

I still haven't had mine yet. Express order my fucking arse. Nazis.

"You send, you send now!"

He'll just shout down the phone in Chinese.

Or say "Is this dry creaner?"

Match report is done, and I've sent it to Dave to publish it.

I thought everyone on our team was fantastic. Seraf was suprisingly good in goal, although he didn't have much to do. Al and Mark really were superb at the back, and they deserve the plaudits they get. Roger and Richie were really solid at full back. I realise that sounds like a shit compliment, but they did everything asked of them, and were up against two very good players in Dave H and Cain. Graeme and Terry were were brilliant, and along with Mick were the difference between the two sides. Paul and Jules played vital roles in us getting the lead, and I was a bit...shit. Josh had a great game when he came on, though he looks a lot like Joe Hart. Ste Cottrill was solid at the back, and Simon gave us some 'different' up top.

One thing, we should definitely have been better organised in terms of the three subs Josh (mmmmm), Steve (mmm) and Si (f). All three should have had half a game. Twenty minutes is not enough.

And yeah, Mark. Top banana for sorting it all out mate. No easy task.

I got a full half, I only realised towards the end that Josh had gone off again. He deserved to have had more of a run out, he played well. Why do I only get mmm though when Josh got 5?? Not happy about that.

Just thinking about it, there's no reason why we couldn't get a 11 a side between us all, sorted every month if everyone would be up for it. It would give those of us who never play on grass a bit of practice. We'd easily get 22 players, even with the likes of Cain, Richie and Mark being gone for the summer. I don't mind sorting it all out as well.

Make it happen, Wooster.

I got a full half, I only realised towards the end that Josh had gone off again. He deserved to have had more of a run out, he played well. Why do I only get mmm though when Josh got 5?? Not happy about that.
Sorry Ste. You're right like and all I can do is apologise.

Amended ratings:

Josh mmmmm

Ste mm

Simon f

Malarkey mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

28399_424016830762_559140762_6078042_5421024_n.jpg

Were it not for that handball he got away with, I wouldn't have even known Roger was on the pitch. Those bigging him up are just trying to get in his knickers.

There you go lads the complete opposite of magnanimous! Team 2 (Dave's team) the TLWs answer to the bitters "Ifitadnabinfer..........".

Sorry Ste. You're right like and all I can do is apologise.

Amended ratings:

Josh mmmmm

Ste mm

Simon f

Malarkey mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

28399_424016830762_559140762_6078042_5421024_n.jpg

I knew it wouldn't be long before that got an airing Rog. Hahahahaha, here it is again mate.

I'll get a match report done over the next day or two.

Could do with the surnames of a few of the lads; Dan's mate (tall) John's mate Save, Magic Sponge, Ste, Paul and the two lads (Josh and Jay I think).

I'm Josh, surname is Blamire. Jay's is Birchall.

It's no bother for me - it wasn't fair for me to be playing when there were regular posters sat on the bench, it was your day.

That said, I did enjoy the match and was gutted I couldn't go the pub afterwards as I had a train to catch.

And 5 m's? Roger you're making me blush...

Really enjoyed the game, Im still aching now.

I think a mention needs to go out mostly for Roger and Seraf.

Roger's first half performance was solid then a inspirational team talk at half time to keep us going, and 2nd half in goal played brilliant.

Seraf to come out of goal and score 2 himself is pretty special.......

Ted and Mick worked hard all game and created most of our goals, and mark at the back had a great game.

Roger, how long before that picture is your screen saver and in your wallet? I have to agree that I deserve less love than the other guys, but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Roger was ace in goal in the second half, if I am allowed to play again I will be more than happy to go in goal for at least a half. I might be rubbish, but I can't do any less than I did in 45 mins on Saturday.