You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why are we so 'loyal?'

escapepods

Hi everyone, newby here. Only just discovered this site in the past week and ive enjoyed reading this forum so much more than the official website forums.

I just wanted to start off with a question ive been asking fellow reds recently.. why is it that most fans are so loyal to the Benitez reign? I mean, i for one think that his time has run out. And this isnt something ive said this season, i said it last season too. Ive lost total faith in his tactics, attitude and petty arguments. I mean, Rafa backers claim it isnt the Liverpool Way to sack managers or to slate the manager. But Benitez as a manager certainly doesnt act in the 'Liverpool Way'.

I will always support the team, no matter what, but im so fed up with Benitez at the helm. Forgetting money and ownership issues, its the tactics that are the main issue. The past 2 games have shown that when we attack poor opposition, the results are good.. but the question is.. will he adopt this strategy into these types of games in future?

Against the mancs, i admit we have to play the old way. Frustrate them, and hit on the break. But we dont need these tactics in home games.

Anyway, back to the issue.. why is it that most Liverpool fans still 'back' Benitez to turn it around? What evidence is there to suggest that things will change for the better?

Sorry for going off topic a bit there! im new and just got into a bit of rant! lol

I like Benitez as a man and respect what he's done for the club as manager, but like you, I think things have run their course. In my opinion the reason he has such a loyal following is because certain sections of the media and some of our own fans treat him disrespectfully. I've seen him called all sorts on here and other forums, which is uncalled for and galvanises fans that want him to stay.

The fans that are loyal are just fighting fire with fire, they are just acting as militant as the section that wants him gone.

Hi everyone, newby here. Only just discovered this site in the past week and ive enjoyed reading this forum so much more than the official website forums.

I just wanted to start off with a question ive been asking fellow reds recently.. why is it that most fans are so loyal to the Benitez reign? I mean, i for one think that his time has run out. And this isnt something ive said this season, i said it last season too. Ive lost total faith in his tactics, attitude and petty arguments. I mean, Rafa backers claim it isnt the Liverpool Way to sack managers or to slate the manager. But Benitez as a manager certainly doesnt act in the 'Liverpool Way'.

I will always support the team, no matter what, but im so fed up with Benitez at the helm. Forgetting money and ownership issues, its the tactics that are the main issue. The past 2 games have shown that when we attack poor opposition, the results are good.. but the question is.. will he adopt this strategy into these types of games in future?

Against the mancs, i admit we have to play the old way. Frustrate them, and hit on the break. But we dont need these tactics in home games.

Anyway, back to the issue.. why is it that most Liverpool fans still 'back' Benitez to turn it around? What evidence is there to suggest that things will change for the better?

Sorry for going off topic a bit there! im new and just got into a bit of rant! lol

This guy's going far, first ever to rule more than Skrtel with one post ?? I hope so.

Because it's in our blood to be loyal

Repped this comment, and for the main part I'd like to think it's the case. Fuck knows what's going on in Rafa's head but I still want him to pull through because I like the guy. Yeah of course I'm confused as shit at what he's done this season but I want things to click into place for us all. Pompey for me was the first sparks of him having the players, the playing style, and the type of team that he wants, and what he wants us to become.

The question is why does he fuck around so much, but I'm hoping that's a mystery that we're happy to try and figure out in the future after he's become a success here by landing us the PL title. My own take on it is that he's playing players we don't like to see with a long term view, and making them stronger for when the time comes for us to properly go for that PL title when we've got the right players. (so that even fringe players have the experience to help us get past the final hurdles if they're called for.) If he stays and has a bad next season though he's probably got to go.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Not sure how that as a first post warrants so much rep. - I've been on here for years and he's at the same level already! Snot fair!

Anyway, I've been looking at myself about this recently and apart from the arguments about the merits of a different manager or otherwise, which has been done to death; I think when the media are so clearly out to have him sacked, and have been for ages, it just makes me dig in more in support of him.

Who the f**k are News International/Sky/Talkshite/Whoever to tell us what to do with our club! F**k off and mither the purplenose tw*t for once! We'll decide what's best when the time is right and not bow down to your campaigning.

because most of us can recognize a good thing when we see it and this season aside rafa has done very well.

you mentioned you wanted him gone last season too?it was our best season in the league for 20yrs ish.this whole "we are a very patient bunch"is media bullshit.

It's an attempt by the media to increase pressure on the manager because they don't like to see a johnny foreigner doing well,especially we he appears to be a little on the cold side,which is used as another attack on him,funny how you don't hear much about cappello being cold.Its why they love "arry redknapp and drool over him inspite of his "off field" activities,if rafa was doing the same their would be a spectacle made.