You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fowler is not a member of Liverpool's staff, he's entitled to air any opinion he wants. He's done so much for the club in the past that even if I don't necessarily agree with his views, I respect them.

Riera is a bit part player who has ranted at his immediate boss.

I don't see the comparison.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool have accepted an offer of around £6m from CSKA Moscow for their outspoken midfielder Albert Riera and hope to conclude the sale of Rafael Benítez's critic by the end of this week.

The Spain international is due to return to training at Melwood today having served a club suspension for last week's public criticism of Benítez's management style. Whether the 27-year-old gets as far as the training pitch is debatable, however, with Liverpool now willing to cash in on the marginalised winger and to allow Riera to discuss personal terms with CSKA.

Liverpool are hopeful of a swift deal for Riera, who has cut an increasingly frustrated figure in a season where he has been restricted to 16 appearances and whose desire for first-team football ahead of the World Cup arguably prompted his outburst on Radio Marca. The winger, signed for £8m from Espanyol in 2008, described Liverpool as a "sinking ship" in the interview and was scathing in the assessment of Benítez, who he claimed held a personal grudge against him and had zero dialogue with players.

Russia's transfer window is open until 8 April and Benítez will have made a profit of approximately £12m through sales this season should Riera follow Andrea Dossena and Andrei Voronin out of Anfield. Even that surplus is not guaranteed to be reinvested in the Liverpool squad this summer, however, with Champions League qualification, or the lack of, determining how much can be spent.

The Rhône Group has made provisions for a transfer budget as part of its £100m offer for a 40% stake in Liverpool, with a decision yet to be made by the owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, although Benítez's spending power will be reduced should they fail to secure a top-four finish.

Despite the financial uncertainty at Anfield, Benítez insists he has been encouraged by recent contract talks with Javier Mascherano and is confident the Argentina captain will be the latest component of Liverpool's first-team to commit his long-term future to the club.

"We were talking, progressing and we're closer now. Still we need to talk a little bit but we are closer," the manager said. "It would be very important for the club. We have some important players with some years left on their contracts and this could be another one. It's very important that we're keeping the spine of the team."

Good riddance, way too inconsistent and the search for a winger goes on and on.

From the Guardian.

6mil is about right because he's done nothing this season and everyone knows he's desperate to leave, we could of got a lot more last summer.

It is and best for everyone he leaves. Who did he have the bust up with in training, my mate sent me a text and said it was one of the youth players.

Sorry if I missed it but have not seen it on here.

Glad to see the back of him. He is not a shit player but I think we need better.

Oh what an amazing surprise that he is joining Moscow.

One would almost think that his agent had already negotiated a much better deal for him in Moscow & he needed to do something to make sure he was sold so that he could start earning it....

Like every other fucking professional footballer.

We can now add this method to all the bs excuses they come out with

Guest TK-421
Oh what an amazing surprise that he is joining Moscow.

One would almost think that his agent had already negotiated a much better deal for him in Moscow & he needed to do something to make sure he was sold so that he could start earning it....

Like every other fucking professional footballer.

We can now add this method to all the bs excuses they come out with

Rafa made him do it, honest.

Rafa made him do it, honest.

Exactly.

Just like he forced Adebayour out of Arse ("the fans stopped cheering me"), Cole out of Arse ("the CEO was rude to me on the phone"), Tevez out of Mancs ("I wasn't played enough & i'll never join a direct rival"), LadyBoy out of the Mancs, Barry out of AV ("I'll only join a CL team), Robbie Savage moving to be closer to his family & then joining a club farther away,etc,etc

Apart from showing off about who they've fucked behind their partners back, how much bling they've bought or what they earn, the main topic of conversation at training or international get-togethers is probably who can come up with the most pathetic excuse for leaving for more dough.

Russia's transfer window is open until 8 April and Benítez will have made a profit of approximately £12m through sales this season should Riera follow Andrea Dossena and Andrei Voronin out of Anfield. .

Did we not get 1.5m for the Bulgarian Keeper Mihaylov as well as the 6m for Voronin and Dossena?

Yes.

Riera was training with the ressies after coming back from injury. Pacheco was being greedy and not passing the ball when he should. Riera, being the senior pro, tried to give him some advice and pass on his experience etc, but Pacheco shrugged him off. It happened more than once, and in the end Riera slapped him across the face.

He was sent home, whilst Pacheco was in tears. A couple of the reserve players who were there felt Riera was right to do it, and that Pacheco needed bringing down a peg or two as he is greedy at times and was getting a bit too cocky.

It is and best for everyone he leaves. Who did he have the bust up with in training, my mate sent me a text and said it was one of the youth players.

Sorry if I missed it but have not seen it on here.

Glad to see the back of him. He is not a shit player but I think we need better.

Page 6 post #149 by Dave.

Pacheco, Stan.

He gave him a slap. I'd be lying if I said the story didn't make me chuckle, given that Pacheco is apparently an arrogant little fucker who maybe needed bringing dow a peg or two.

Cheers that was the name on the text I got but was not sure and did not want it up on here if not true, you and Dave have confirmed it.

Sometimes arrogance is good but maybe not in one so young. A bitch slap might knock some of that out of him.

Did Babel slap him as well?

Wa-hey!

Hopefully we'll also ship Babel out for £10m that can be put towards fixing our most cursed position in the summer.

However, frustrating as he is, his displays haven't been as pitiful as Riera's.

Offered 12m euros by Barcelona in the summer. rejected.

Sell for £6m in the following spring.

Another masterclass from Rafa Benitez in how to conduct transfer business. The spirit of Parry lives on at our club. Wonder how the rafapologists will spin this one?

Pretty clear we need someone at our club who can take care of transfers, becasue it's no coincidence that our form has declined from the point at which rafa took supreme command - the man is just trying to do too much and it is showing.