You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Offered 12m euros by Barcelona in the summer. rejected.

Sell for £6m in the following spring.

Another masterclass from Rafa Benitez in how to conduct transfer business. The spirit of Parry lives on at our club. Wonder how the rafapologists will spin this one?

Pretty clear we need someone at our club who can take care of transfers, becasue it's no coincidence that our form has declined from the point at which rafa took supreme command - the man is just trying to do too much and it is showing.

Keane, Dossena, Riera. 3 Major signings last year, 3 major fuck ups.

Fuck me, we really should have won the league last year.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keane, Dossena, Riera. 3 Major signings last year, 3 major fuck ups.

Fuck me, we really should have won the league last year.

£36m there plus the £3.5m for a reserve keeper, £40m that summer on shit, would have got a top winger and a excellent back up striker for that, and people think this man should be trusted with more money.

Heard that alright, any truth in it that Reina was there Dave and grabbed Riera off him?

Doubt it. Riera was training with the reserves and if I remember rightly (it was a couple of months ago when I was told) it happened at the Academy.

Don't see why Reina would have been there.

Guest Ronin47

looks like the Russian story aint true but major kudos for the sarcastic rebuttal on theor official website

Russian side CSKA Moscow have denied they will sign Liverpool winger Albert Riera , in a statement on their club website.

The Spanish winger publicly questioned Liverpool boss Rafa Bnitez last week and reports in England this morning had suggested a deal was close for Riera to join CSKA.

In a statement, CSKA said: “The Army Club are surprised to learn (from media) that they are candidates for the signing of Liverpool's Spanish midfielder Albert Riera . We know of similar cases where CSKA is additionally recommended for a football player seeking a new place of work.”

Somewhat sarcastically the Russian club added: "However, to those who are trying to bring extra interest to the player, we can give advice (it's free!): to specify an interested party, we would say Barcelona or Manchester United. By the way, this will be more interesting to lovers of rumours."

IMScouting understands that CSKA Moscow felt Riera was too old and would not fit into the club’s transfer policy. Spartak Moscow are now favourites to sign the Liverpool winger.

Albert Riera has made 15 appearances for Liverpool in 2009/2010, providing three assists.

Last week he said of Benitez: "The team's playing badly and needs changes. It is a sinking ship. But in the two years I have been here Benitez has never managed a situation with a player by talking to him."

CSKA Moscow, eh? Gonzalez AND Riera there together.

They have my deepest, deepest sympathies.

Gonzalez, ha. Remember all those youtube clips and the constant lobbying from the club over his work permit.

Then he was bullied off the pitch at Anfield by Gary Neville and gave one of the worst displays of any Liverpool player ever at Craven Cottage.

Possibly even more gutless than Riera.

Guest Pistonbroke
CSKA Moscow, eh? Gonzalez AND Riera there together.

They have my deepest, deepest sympathies.

We should chuck Degen in for good measure.

News to me. Source?

From interview with Albert himself in press on 5 September 2009. Note by the way how positive he is here about rafa - maybe some journo should show these quotes to the useless rat-bag?? rafa is an "extraordinary coach" here!

>>>>

Riera added: “I would like to think that being left out wasn’t a punishment for having that on my mind. I won’t deny that there was something there. It is true that Barcelona showed an interest in me and made a good bid for me.

“But I play for Liverpool, a European great. Benitez is an extraordinary coach who fights his corner.”

Riera also revealed he would prefer to be played as an out-and-out winger and that he has his eye on a return to Spain at some point in the future.

He said: “I know the manager has faith in me because he told me himself.

“I am a winger but in England I’ve learnt to play inside, to defend, to cover more ground."

“But it’s true that I prefer to play right on the touchline. Yes, I’d like to return to La Liga when the time is right.”

Riera deserves to be sold as there isnt really any coming back from his comments unless Rafa was to get sacked tomorrow.

I really dont agree with this "Riera isnt good enough for Liverpool" bollocks. He was a major player for us last season, when fully fit. He offered great width and his ball retention was very good which is something we lack out wide at the moment because technically the players are lacking. This puts additional pressure on our defence and defensive minded central midfielders.

I am not saying he is world class but a title winning team doesnt need 11 world class players. In a team with more quality (like last season) he is very effective at what he does.